Shadow's spine.

Old September 1st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Shadow's spine.

Yowie wrote:

Shadow has always been very cranky and like she's on a hair trigger. She
*luuurves* head scritches, but woe betide the hand if it passes and
further past half way down her spine. I've also thought she moves a bit
strangely, she sort of 'flops' rather than curls up, and she's not as
agile as I'm used to in other cats her age.

Joel was petting her, and his hand passed Shadow's limits, and she
snarled and went at him. But he felt something... wrong.

He waited for me to get home, put a towel around her and scruffed her,
and let me very very gently run my hands down her spine.

There's a definate large not-right there, near her hips, and she'll hiss
and snarl and caterwail if even the slightest touch is applied to the
area. I've checked the other two kitties, and whilst there is a a sort
of joint where the tail joins, its not like Shadow's large and bony
feeling thing.

That's weird! I hope it's nothing serious or unfixable. Purrs for the
poor girl to feel better.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 2nd 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Perhaps she has a slipped disk, or maybe its a malformation or an injury
that hasn't healed. (I really don't want to know how it happened)

I am rather concerned the vet hadn't picked it up in her 'spaying'.

But, once we get paid next (Thursday) in she goes to TED to find out
what that lump is, and hopefully, get it fixed so she can lead a normal
life without being in constant pain and partial disability.

My dilemma of course, is what to do if its not fixible. She isn't my
'heart cat', I can't tell by telepathy. Whilst I can't say its much of a
life living entirely in the kitchen (and mostly in the cupboards) she
seeks out affection from me and seems to enjoy it when she gets it. I
don't know about 'quality of life' in this case.

More info I guess when we have it....

Yowie

Purrs that Shadow's problem is easily (and inexpensively) corrected, as
well as purrs for a worried Meowmie.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Shadow's son? Adrian A Cat anecdotes 9 July 9th 07 11:25 PM
Shadow's at TED Adrian A Cat anecdotes 25 May 3rd 07 09:40 PM
I can feel my cat's spine, very boney in that region, confused and concerned! Mike Cat health & behaviour 7 January 3rd 06 04:01 AM
Update Texas woman w/ spine infection Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 05 11:46 AM
Shadow's Song Cheryl Cat anecdotes 34 April 9th 04 04:48 PM