Take cat for a walk

Old May 1st 05, 05:00 AM
bigbadbarry

Default Take cat for a walk

Nows here's something I could use, a good walk.

I work hard and sweat, but this does not replace aerobics, getting my
heart rate up.

I think I will leash my cat and take him on a walk.

(remember...two go out, but only one comes back)...

why do I get the feeling this is not going to work
sounds like another one of my idiot savant hair brained ideas

Old May 1st 05, 05:31 AM

http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old May 1st 05, 06:00 AM
bigbadbarry

http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

looks good! we have a mega pet store down the street, they might have
something similiar. Thanks

Old May 1st 05, 06:53 PM
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, bigbadbarry exclaimed (5/1/2005 6:00 AM):
wrote:

http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

looks good! we have a mega pet store down the street, they might have
something similiar. Thanks

Incidentally, Meep the TravelCat accepts a harness and leash. Unless
you're really lucky, though, you'll probably not have a cat that'll go
for 'walks' with you. The cat insists on choosing the direction and
speed

With Meep, we generally go for 'wanders' rather than walks

jmc
Old May 1st 05, 07:15 PM
bigbadbarry

wrote:

http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm

looks good! we have a mega pet store down the street, they might

have
something similiar. Thanks

Incidentally, Meep the TravelCat accepts a harness and leash. Unless

you're really lucky, though, you'll probably not have a cat that'll

go
for 'walks' with you. The cat insists on choosing the direction and
speed

but the cats at the carnival were walking tight ropes and climbing
ladders, walking little barrels; Im just saying, I guess they are
trainable, Im scared people are going to laugh at me

Old May 1st 05, 08:02 PM
Candace

bigbadbarry wrote:

but the cats at the carnival were walking tight ropes and climbing
ladders, walking little barrels; Im just saying, I guess they are
trainable, Im scared people are going to laugh at me

I guess I've never been to a carnival that has trained cats. I hope
they're treated nicely. I guess cats can be trained but I imagine it
takes a huge amount of patience. You might want to Google "clicker
training cats" and see what you come up with. I've thought of doing it
with one of mine in particular but haven't done so yet. Apparently it
can be enjoyable for the kitties, too.

My cats are indoor only but one goes out on a walking jacket. There
are 2 pics of him at the end of this album in his jacket:

http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

But he doesn't go for a walk, he meanders. He can also get out of the
jacket in about a second if he feels like it even though it's supposed
to be almost escape proof so you still have to watch them carefully
when they're in it.

As for the laughing, I dunno, you have to be man enough to take it, I
think. If I have Marbles out in the front yard in his jacket,
neighbors seem to flock from miles around to observe the strange
phenomenon and they're always laughing but as my one neighbor said,
"We're not laughing at him, we're laughing at you." You can take it,
be brave.

Candace

Old May 2nd 05, 12:17 AM

As for the laughing, I dunno, you have to be man enough to take it, I
think. If I have Marbles out in the front yard in his jacket,
neighbors seem to flock from miles around to observe the strange
phenomenon and they're always laughing but as my one neighbor said,
"We're not laughing at him, we're laughing at you." You can take it,
be brave.

Candace

A cat on a leash isn't that weird. I don't think so, anyway. I had a
friend with a leash-trained lop-eared rabbit she used to take for
walks. That was kind of weird. People stared like they'd never seen a
rabbit in their whole lives.
Sherry

Old May 2nd 05, 02:58 AM
-L.

A cat on a leash isn't that weird. I don't think so, anyway. I had a
friend with a leash-trained lop-eared rabbit she used to take for
walks. That was kind of weird. People stared like they'd never seen a
rabbit in their whole lives.
Sherry

Peewee loves his harness (It's made for a small dog) and I have a small
retractable leash I use with him. Poor Peewuss hasn't been out much
since DS came along, though...

-L.

Old May 12th 05, 10:16 PM
icedog

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nows here's something I could use, a good walk.

I work hard and sweat, but this does not replace aerobics, getting my
heart rate up.

I think I will leash my cat and take him on a walk.

(remember...two go out, but only one comes back)...

why do I get the feeling this is not going to work
sounds like another one of my idiot savant hair brained ideas

Here in UK they take ferrets (aka polecats) out on full harness leashes.
They dodge around right and left so if you simply follow their deviant path
you get a good runaround and workout. Mind you, the males really niff!

Icedog.

Old May 12th 05, 10:30 PM

icedog wrote:
"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nows here's something I could use, a good walk.

I work hard and sweat, but this does not replace aerobics, getting

my
heart rate up.

I think I will leash my cat and take him on a walk.

(remember...two go out, but only one comes back)...

why do I get the feeling this is not going to work
sounds like another one of my idiot savant hair brained ideas

Here in UK they take ferrets (aka polecats) out on full harness

leashes.
They dodge around right and left so if you simply follow their

deviant path
you get a good runaround and workout. Mind you, the males really

niff!

Icedog.

You guys call ferrets polecats? That's interesting. Around here that's
a slang term for skunks.

Sherry