Animals do not "anticipate"

Old April 30th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Animals do not "anticipate"

****wit David Harrison, ignorant lying cracker, lied:

On 27 Apr 2006 Leif Erikson wrote:

****wit David Harrison, ignorant lying cracker, lied:

On 27 Apr 2006 Leif Erikson wrote:

****wit, another thing you don't seem to realize is, the more human
attributes you attempt to apply to animals, the stronger you make the
"ar" case.

Understanding animal emotions is just a part of learning Leif

You are imagining animals to have emotions they don't have

List which emotions animals are and are not capable of, Leif.

List the ones you foolishly they they are capable of,
****wit.
Old April 30th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 Leif Erikson wrote:

****wit David Harrison, ignorant lying cracker, lied:

What do you think *really* causes it, Leif?

I don't know what "it" you're talking about, ****wit.

Anyone who reads any of this can quickly figure out that you
have no idea what we're talking about, Leif.

No, that's clearly false, ****wit.

There are lots of possible "its", ****wit - which one do you mean?

[...]

I had a dog for a number of years. If I said: "Do you want to go
for a walk." he became very excited, anticipating going for a walk
since I didn't say anything about it if we weren't going to go.

****wit: the dog was exhibiting what is called
"conditioned response".

Very good Goo, and we call this particular conditioned response
"anticipation".

No, ****wit. The *agitation* is the response, and agitation is not
"anticipation";

It's one of the results of anticipation Leif.

No.

it's agitation.

LOL...yes Leif,

No, ****wit. It's not anticipation.

agitation is a product of anticipation.

Not in dogs, nor in any other non-human animals.

YOU are the one who "thinks", wrongly
of course, that the agitation is "caused" by "anticipation". That's
wrong.

LOL!!! Then what do you think caused it, Leif?

The signal, ****wit.

He would not remember.

He remembered

No.
Old April 30th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

dh@. wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:40:36 GMT, Jack Crenshaw wrote:

dh@. pointed out:

He's been exposed to it, but can't comprehend. And most
amusingly he considers himself to be very intelligent, hence
his title as Goobernicus: the moron who thinks he's a genius.
That's our Goo :-)

Wait a minute ... is this about AR?

Well, it began about the stupidity of Goobernicus and what he
wants people to believe for some unexplainable reason(s), but....

If so, a plague on both your houses.

And likewise, thanks.

I have been here before, and encountered the AR and anti-AR
types before. IMO the only behavior more offensive and more hateful than
that of the AR, PETA types,

snip carefully compiled but utterly irrelevant list -- compiled by
someone else, no doubt -- of reasons why he's right and his opponents
are wrong

So far I believe you're being extremely dishonest. But! If you can
show some example(s) of anti-"aras" engaging in "behavior more offensive
and more hateful than that of the AR, PETA types", then we'll see that
you're not being dishonest. But again!!! When you can't, we will have
learned that for some unexplained reason you are being dishonest. Do
you want to explain why, or must we try to guess?

Never thought
I'd catch myself saying that there are people more stupid and hateful
than PETA, but there you are.

Let's you educate us then. To begin with why don't you start by
explaining which rights you believe "aras" would provide for which
animals if any, and why we should believe you/them, if you can.

You don't understand. This is personal.

The next decision I have to make is whether I give a rat's ass whether
you get "educated" or not. Let me see ..

Nope, I don't. _BUT_ I will offer an explanation to the other folks
reading this, with the understanding that this is no invitation to
debate. This reply is the end of the conversation, with you or anyone else.

Once upon a time, in Tampa, FL, there lived a highly respected
veterinarian. Unusually for a city of that size, this vet was the only
licensed wildlife rehabber in the area. He got funding from the county
to rehab and release all wildlife brought to him.

Everything seemed to go well until, one day, the thought dawned on him
that the more animals in his care who died prematurely, the more of the
money he got to pocket.

I learned about all this from people in his office; the salaried
assistants and volunteer rehabbers who cared for the animals he was
_SUPPOSED_ to be trying to save. They told me that he would give orders
not to feed or care for the wildlife, only the paying poodles and
tabbies. He would say, "When I get to work tomorrow, I don't expect to
see this animal still here." The assistants found themselves doing
things like deliberately _KILLING_ animals that otherwise could have
been saved. In the best-case scenario, the animals would die of
starvation or untreated infection. In the worst case, they had to
actively drown or otherwise kill them. No euthenasia for these guys;
gas costs money.

Most of the salaried assistants went along with the order; after all,
their jobs were at stake. Some didn't. Most of the volunteers didn't.
They formed a sort of underground railroad, smuggling the animals out of
his reach, and into the hands of other folks willing to actually take
care of the creatures in their care. That's how I learned what was
going on.

Now, though I knew how to take care of orphaned or injured animals
(including the feathered kind), I didn't know much about the laws
concerning animal rehabbers, rehab licenses, etc. Like an idiot, I came
to this very newsgroup (r.a.w) and asked how I could best handle the
situation. My goal was not to discredit the vet, or stop the flow of
money to him; it was simply to save lives that deserved to be longer.

I got several replies from people _PRETENDING_ to offer advice and help.
Turns out, they were anti-AR types, and they were not interested in
helping at all. While offering me solicitous and seemingly genuine
advice, what they really wanted to do was to make sure the animals
continued to die. They would do things like offer to write letters,
make calls, etc., when in fact they were doing their best to thwart my
efforts to save the wildlife.

One of these "support" people went so far as to call the vet and tell
him what I was trying to do. The vet immediately fired those assistants
who were trying to help, and ordered the volunteers off his property.

One of the people on this web site, pretending to be ever so helpful,
found out the person in Florida Fish and Wildlife who could be the most
helpful. He gave me the officer's name and phone number, but somehow
forgot to mention that he'd already called the officer, and told him of
this madman who was seeking to discredit a totally innocent vet. By the
time I called the officer in question, he was totally unwilling to help.
His exact words were, "You guys seem to have a battle going, and I'm
not getting in the middle of it." And that's where my crusade ended.
Animals who had no ax to grind on either side of the AR debate,
continued to die unnecessarily.

Now, it's one thing to want to save animals being hurt for no reason
except greed. I can understand the motives of the PETA folks, while I
am completely outraged by their methods and acts. Nobody is a more
vociferous enemy of those who would harm people's property or their
bodies, under the guise of "saving the whales."

But I can't even _BEGIN_ to understand the mentality of people who are
so irrationally opposed to PETA and the other AR groups, that they see
the death of innocent orphaned and injured animals as a victory. The
wild animals in question weren't soldiers in the AR/anti-AR war. They
were "collateral damage."

Opposing PETA is one thing. Actively helping to kill innocent wildlife
is quite another. Because of the actions of the "brave" anti-AR people
in this very newsgroup, many thousands more seabirds, songbirds,
squirrels, raccoons, opossums, and the like -- often, members of
endangered species -- died. These animals weren't part of any medical
experiments; they weren't involved in efforts to cure cancer or develop
the latest brand of lipstick. They weren't animals in a barnyard or
slaugtherhouse. Their only offense was to have the temerity to be
orphaned or injured within the sphere of influence of a greedy and
utterly heartless man.

There is no list of grievances you can show me -- no amount of
justification for your position -- that can redeem you from such hateful
and inhuman behavior. You, sir, are part of the Culture of Death. You
have allowed whatever sense of decency you might have once had, to be so
corrupted that you see a dead eagle as a victory for your side.

We are done.

Jack
Old April 30th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

PETA is full of hate and anti-Christian bigotry. The adherents worship
animals instead of The One True God, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.
Amen.
http://www.armyofgod.com/PETA.html
SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal
hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away
my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my
heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

Old April 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

wrote:
PETA is full of hate and anti-Christian bigotry. The adherents worship
animals instead of The One True God, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.
Amen.
http://www.armyofgod.com/PETA.html
SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal
hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away
my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my
heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

Don't you even _THINK_ about playing the God card with me, especially on
Sunday. I am a Christian, the likes of which you have never seen
before. It is not my place to judge the level of your faith, but I
consider your use of God and Jesus to argue for your own secular point
of view to be the ultimate sacrilege. Shame on you!

Jack
Old April 30th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 Goo wrote:

****wit David Harrison, ignorant lying cracker, lied:

What do you think *really* causes it, Mr Goober?

I don't know what "it" you're talking about, ****wit.

Anyone who reads any of this can quickly figure out that you
have no idea what we're talking about, Leif.

No, that's clearly false, ****wit.

There are lots of possible "its", ****wit - which one do you mean?

[...]
I had a dog for a number of years. If I said: "Do you want to go
for a walk." he became very excited, anticipating going for a walk
since I didn't say anything about it if we weren't going to go.

****wit: the dog was exhibiting what is called
"conditioned response".

Very good Goo, and we call this particular conditioned response
"anticipation".

No, ****wit. The *agitation* is the response, and agitation is not
"anticipation";

It's one of the results of anticipation Goob.

it's agitation.

LOL...yes Goo, agitation is a product of anticipation. Agitated
behavior is the "it" which you are so bewildered by, and the
behavior which we are discussing, and which you sometimes
desperately/comically try to pretend does not exist.

YOU are the one who "thinks", wrongly
of course, that the agitation is "caused" by "anticipation". That's
wrong.

LOL!!! Then what do you think caused it, you lame Goober?

[...]
He would not remember.

He remembered Goo.

Goo is basing his argument on animals being unable to anticipate on his
observations of his Chia pet.

Poor stupid little Goo.

Old May 1st 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 30 Apr 2006 11:17:01 -0700, wrote:

PETA is full of hate and anti-Christian bigotry. The adherents worship
animals instead of The One True God, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Deuteronomy 12
15 Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your
towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were
gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your
God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean
may eat it.

Deuteronomy 14
4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the
goat,
5 the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex,
the antelope and the mountain sheep.
6 You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and
that chews the cud.
7 However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof
completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the
coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split
hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you.
8 The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not
chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their
carcasses.
9 Of all the creatures living in the water, you may eat any that has
fins and scales.
10 But anything that does not have fins and scales you may not eat;
for you it is unclean.
11 You may eat any clean bird.
12 But these you may not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture,
13 the red kite, the black kite, any kind of falcon,
14 any kind of raven,
15 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk,
16 the little owl, the great owl, the white owl,
17 the desert owl, the osprey, the cormorant,
18 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.
19 All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them.
20 But any winged creature that is clean you may eat.
21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an
alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may
sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your
God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

1 Kings 8
5 and King Solomon and the entire assembly of Israel that had
gathered about him were before the ark, sacrificing so many sheep
and cattle that they could not be recorded or counted.
[...]
63 Solomon offered a sacrifice of fellowship offerings to the LORD:
twenty-two thousand cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand
sheep and goats. So the king and all the Israelites dedicated the
temple of the LORD.

Mark 7
18 "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing
that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'?
19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and
then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods
"clean.")

Mark 14
12 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, when it
was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples
asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations
for you to eat the Passover?"
13 So he sent two of his disciples, telling them, "Go into the city,
and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him.
14 Say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Teacher asks:
Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my
disciples?'

(refer to Exodus 12 for details about the Passover food)

Luke 2
22 When the time of their purification according to the Law of
Moses had been completed, Joseph and Mary took him to
Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
23 (as it is written in the Law of the Lord, "Every firstborn male is
to be consecrated to the Lord" ),
24 and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law
of the Lord: "a pair of doves or two young pigeons."

Luke 24
39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see;
a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.
41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and
amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?"
42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

John 21
4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples
did not realize that it was Jesus.
5 He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No," they
answered.
6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will
find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in
because of the large number of fish.
[...]
9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish
on it, and some bread.
10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you have just caught."
11 Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full
of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.
12 Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast."

Acts 10
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and
approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal
was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let
down to earth by its four corners.
12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles
of the earth and birds of the air.
13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything
impure or unclean."
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure
that God has made clean."
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back
to heaven.

Romans 14
1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on
disputable matters.
2 One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man,
whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who
does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not
condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own
master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able
to make him stand.
5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another
man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully
convinced in his own mind.
6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He
who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and
he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.
7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself
alone.
8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he
might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down
on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

1 Corinthians 10
25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of
conscience,
26 for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible
Old May 1st 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 Goo wrote:

[...]

LOL! That would explain a lot about Goo's "education".

Poor stupid little Goo.

It really is hard to believe that even Goo is stupid enough to believe
some of the things he claims to believe--which amounts to being as
stupid as he claims to be. If he really is, he may well be the stupidest
Goober to ever boast about his intelligence. If he's not, it's a great
mystery why he is so dishonest about that issue too. Whatever the
truth really is, I guess it's safe to consider the Goober to be a
nauseatingly unusual individual.
Old May 1st 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 Goo wrote:

****wit David Harrison, ignorant lying cracker, lied:

What do you think *really* causes it, Goo?

I don't know what "it" you're talking about, ****wit.

Anyone who reads any of this can quickly figure out that you
have no idea what we're talking about, Goo.

No, that's clearly false, ****wit.

There are lots of possible "its", ****wit - which one do you mean?

[...]

I had a dog for a number of years. If I said: "Do you want to go
for a walk." he became very excited, anticipating going for a walk
since I didn't say anything about it if we weren't going to go.

****wit: the dog was exhibiting what is called
"conditioned response".

Very good Goo, and we call this particular conditioned response
"anticipation".

No, ****wit. The *agitation* is the response, and agitation is not
"anticipation";

It's one of the results of anticipation Goo.

No.

it's agitation.

LOL...yes Goo,

No, ****wit.

YES Goober! Agitation is agitation. Try to get at least THAT much right,
you poor idiot. It must be a horrible challenge for you, but try to at least
keep up *that* far!

It's not anticipation.

You're so confused Goo. It is hilarious, but you poor moron....

agitation is a product of anticipation.

Not in dogs,

LOL!!!

nor in any other non-human animals.

YOU are the one who "thinks", wrongly
of course, that the agitation is "caused" by "anticipation". That's
wrong.

LOL!!! Then what do you think caused it, you inept Goober?

The signal, ****wit.

A couple of more challenges for you to fail here Goob, but you
must. They a

1. Explain what the signal was.
2. Explain how it triggered agitation.

He would not remember.

He remembered

No.

Damn you're slow! In fact Goobernicus, you are so damn slow
that you're not getting anywhere...and most likely never will.
Old May 1st 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.animals.wildlife,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:38:43 GMT, Jack Crenshaw wrote:

wrote:
PETA is full of hate and anti-Christian bigotry. The adherents worship
animals instead of The One True God, The Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever.
Amen.
http://www.armyofgod.com/PETA.html
SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal
hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away
my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my
heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

Don't you even _THINK_ about playing the God card with me, especially on
Sunday. I am a Christian, the likes of which you have never seen
before.

Probably not.

It is not my place to judge the level of your faith,

"but"

but I
consider your use of God and Jesus to argue for your own secular point
of view to be the ultimate sacrilege.

You certainly "found" your place to judge something(s).

Shame on you!

Ps 34:22 - "The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned
who takes refuge in him."