Take a look at what happened here to us in Florida

Old August 24th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Take a look at what happened here to us in Florida

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Aug 23, 9:36 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Hold on, I know I miss a lot but somewhere I read about a couple swimming
in
the ocean and they went under from a wave and I think it was her that
didn't
come back up.

My eyes are not worth crap, maybe my memory isn't either."hopitus"
wrote in message

On Aug 23, 5:14 am, "Granby" wrote:

What drugs were the people on that made them want to go swimming under
those
circumstances?"Matthew" wrote in
message

ing.com...

http://www.local6.com:80/weather/172...reets=orlpn&ti...

this is down the road
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-a...77660.story?tr...

I realize it's your eyes, but that is a police dive team looking to
see if any people in the submerged
homes pictures. There are always, as John E. mentioned the injured
wind-surfer, people, usually
young (as we know, young people think they are invincible and harm-
proof, LOL) who go out in
the ocean to surf during and before and after 'canes and storms that
churn up the water and make
really big waves on which to do so. These people are considered loony-
tunes by most residents
and there are usually a few who die doing this during a real 'cane,
not things like Fay. They are
NOT, repeat not, diving like the cop pictured....in city streets...no
waves there, LOL.
Exactly what weather authorities predicted happened....heavy flooding
and property damage from same.- Hide quoted text -

Granby, dear, I think maybe we both missed something in this thread
Maatt began. I did not know you were talking about a couple swimming
in the ocean.....thought you were discussing pic Matt posted link of
which
is as evident, not the ocean, but a Melbourne street - note house in
front
of the cop in water, LOL.
As to your query as to what initiated the ocean swim, now that I know
what you mean......other post of mine describing 'loony-tunes" that
emerge
during bad weather there.
You see, many people elsewhere do not realize that unlike CA, and HI,
where the waves produced nearer land from the big, bad Pacific to surf
on/in....the Atlantic is its wimpy, green/blue gentler brother, and
because
of tides and other stuff, only lame waves usually lap the white
beaches of
my home state...so young surfers go nuts when 'canes and storms
promise
better, badder surfing ocean good times....but they're on their own
out there.

I think they made it illegal to go out during events like this. If you
don't come in when they tell you you are paying for all the cost to bring
you back in

Yes Granby some woman went in and was hit by a heavy wave and knocked
unconscious. there are not life guards on duty but big signs saying beach
closed no swimming in multiple languages but of course you get the I know
better now I am dead people

Old August 24th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Whew, there for a minute I thought I had totally lost it. I went back and
looked at the cop picture.

I am getting old because I have decided that the rescue workers should not
be put in the danger they sometimes are by stupid people. During the
flooding on the Mississippi a few years ago people were finally told, in
person "You come out now or you are on your own, we will not ask someone to
put themselves at risk if things go wrong." Some people hated that but, it
made sense to me.

Old August 24th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

She knew that from the post and, I really do appreciate people telling me if
I miss something. That is why my favorite pictures are sunsets, rainbows
and kitties. Less complicated to sort out. Now that I have the CCTV thing,
I can better tell about pictures. That is why I was able to enjoy the
pictures from your Florida get together.

Rainbows and cool Breezes to u all

ng.com...