Ping Anyone Around LA

Old June 17th 05, 02:33 AM
Catnipped

Default Ping Anyone Around LA

Who here lives in the LA area?

Here's the story...

In "the other" cat group, rpch, there's a mean old guy (an @$$hole) who
adopted a precious little orange-stripey kitten. The kitten (the guy named
him Conan) developed an upper respiratory tract infection and the guy gave
him just 10 days to get well or back he would go to the high-kill shelter he
was "purchased" from. Well, yesterday was the 10th day and the poor little
kitty got sent back to the shelter for a "replacement" kitten (who, if he
knows what's good for him, will never get sick!).

Conan's story has broken the hearts of some of the nice people there and
they're trying to put together a rescue. They contacted the shelter and the
shelter staff said the kitten was recovering nicely and would be put back on
the adoption list this weekend. What's worrying is that he won't be adopted
right away and might be euthanized before anyone in the group can arrange
his adoption and transportation ("Mary" has offered to pay for his adoption
and travel expenses, (and others have offered to contribute to a PayPal
account for him), and she would like to take him if she can arrange it).

What's needed is just to know if there is someone close to the shelter who
could get him if need be in a hurry until any arrangements can be made for
his forever home.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 17th 05, 02:41 AM
Yoj

"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'm 40 miles northwest of LA, so it could depend on where the shelter is.
It's too bad they let that jerk take another kitten. Sheesh! Nanki-Poo got
sick shortly after I adopted him. The shelter had told me they have a
return policy of one week, but I couldn't imagine ever returning an animal I
had adopted. I nursed him through a couple of weeks of isolation,
antibiotics and even some infusions. It never would have occurred to me to
do anything else.

He and Lindy get along now, more or less, but it was such a big hassle, I
couldn't take on another cat permanently. On a temporary basis, I could
isolate the poor little thing, but I'd hate to have to do it for long.

Joy

Old June 17th 05, 02:46 AM
Catnipped

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think any of us here could have taken him back. I really don't
understand why someone would take a cat with the expectation that they are
never going to get sick or need to have money spent on them (he said he
didn't want to pay the vet the $300 she asked for testing and treatment!).

It's the Orange County Animal Care Center (714) 935-6943
The ID # for him is: P0710740

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 17th 05, 02:53 AM
Catnipped

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

Oops, wrong ID - when "Mary" talked to the shelter the ID number they gave
her was A0700875.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 17th 05, 04:51 AM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote:

He and Lindy get along now, more or less, but it was such a big hassle,

couldn't take on another cat permanently. On a temporary basis, I could
isolate the poor little thing, but I'd hate to have to do it for long.

Joy

I don't think any of us here could have taken him back. I really don't
understand why someone would take a cat with the expectation that they are
never going to get sick or need to have money spent on them (he said he
didn't want to pay the vet the $300 she asked for testing and treatment!).

It's the Orange County Animal Care Center (714) 935-6943
The ID # for him is: P0710740

Just a note: since being returned, his new ID # is A0700875. The
one above is the one Philip had for him when he adopted him. And
Joy, you are an angel. If you know anyone who will take him, I will
pay his adoption fee. He is an active, fiesty, lovely boy. Email me if '
you want a photo of him. He weighs 14 lbs and has been neutered and
had all his shots. I did not tell the shelter that I will pay his fees
because
I was afraid someone would take him because he is "free" and not because
they really want him.

Anyway, if the worst happens, it is lovely to know that you would go
and get him and keep him safe temporarily. Thank you, from the bottom
of my heart.

Old June 17th 05, 04:52 AM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote

Oops, wrong ID - when "Mary" talked to the shelter the ID number they gave
her was A0700875.

You're so good! I should not have bothered to post above!

Old June 17th 05, 04:54 AM
Mischief

Purrs for the little one. I hope that he gets taken care of and finds
a loving home.

I'm in Van Nuys, which is waaaaaay north, and since i'm already dealing
with a stray kitty, I can't really give anything but love and purrs.

Purrs that things work out.

Kristi

Old June 17th 05, 06:41 AM
Melissa Houle

Mischief wrote in message
oups.com...
Purrs for the little one. I hope that he gets taken care of and finds
a loving home.

I'm in Van Nuys, which is waaaaaay north, and since i'm already dealing
with a stray kitty, I can't really give anything but love and purrs.

Purrs that things work out.

Kristi

I'm way too far north to help, but I've got my crew purring for little Conan
to get a better forever home than the jerk would have given him, and
quickly. Maybe his bad luck is a blessing in disguise. I hope a rescue can
be effected for him in time.

Melissa

Old June 17th 05, 08:10 AM
Yoj

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1118980274.8f7b28651f01ab1e86f3dd7b5cfac22b@t eranews...

"Catnipped" wrote:

[...]

I have to say that I'm tied up all this weekend. However, after that, I
should be able to do it. I will need to know if it's necessary, and where
the shelter is. I haven't spoken to him yet, but there's a chance my son
might take him. He lost a cat several months ago and hasn't been able to
bring himself to get another yet.

Joy

Old June 17th 05, 12:13 PM
Adrian

Catnipped wrote:

I don't think any of us here could have taken him back. I really
don't understand why someone would take a cat with the expectation
that they are never going to get sick or need to have money spent on
them (he said he didn't want to pay the vet the $300 she asked for
testing and treatment!).

It's the Orange County Animal Care Center (714) 935-6943
The ID # for him is: P0710740

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs the poor little thing finds his foreverhome with some who cares,
and understands cats, like people, will get sick sometimes and need
medical care.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.