Pandora UPDATE

Old March 30th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pandora UPDATE

We've located Pandora. I recieved a call from my vet telling me that she
had been brought in as an RTA as she was found on the side of the road
at about 9am by an elderly good samaritan. She is alive, with nothing
broken, but is bruised, battered and shaken and she has torn some
muscles in her back so is finding it difficult to walk.

Once the vet ID'd her with a microchip and had contacted me and I'd said
that I'd pay whatever it cost to fix her before knowing what was wrong,
the good samaritan paid her vets bills with his credit card and asked
the vet not to disclose his information. Apparently, the fact that
someone cared enough to not give a **** about the cost of fixing her up
meant that she was dearly loved. I'm still confused, overwhelmed,
baffled, relieved that I have my cat safe, and grateful to the good
samaritan.

A very wierd day so far.

Thank BAST for microchips, because she had lost her collar and ID. Purrs
for her to be on the mend soon would be much appreciated.

Helen M

Old March 30th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ee135be5bc4ee4d5c75cc10bbc25e384.76411@mygate .mailgate.org

We've located Pandora. I recieved a call from my vet telling me that she
had been brought in as an RTA as she was found on the side of the road
at about 9am by an elderly good samaritan. She is alive, with nothing
broken, but is bruised, battered and shaken and she has torn some
muscles in her back so is finding it difficult to walk.///

I forgot to mention, that this was after the little cow had come in
through the cat flap of her own accord, and then f*cked off back out
again before I could close the bloody thing behind her! The fact she was
being so spooky probably contributed to her running into the road.

She's been taking ******* cat-trick lessons off Tiger.

Old March 30th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ee135be5bc4ee4d5c75cc10bbc25e384.76411@mygate .mailgate.org

We've located Pandora. I recieved a call from my vet telling me that she
had been brought in as an RTA as she was found on the side of the road
at about 9am by an elderly good samaritan. She is alive, with nothing
broken, but is bruised, battered and shaken and she has torn some
muscles in her back so is finding it difficult to walk.///

I forgot to mention, that this was after the little cow had come in
through the cat flap of her own accord, and then f*cked off back out
again before I could close the bloody thing behind her! The fact she was
being so spooky probably contributed to her running into the road.

She's been taking ******* cat-trick lessons off Tiger.

I'm so glad the little b*gger is going to be OK. Hope she gets well
soon. And stays home next time.
Old March 30th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Apparently, the fact that
someone cared enough to not give a **** about the cost of fixing her up
meant that she was dearly loved. I'm still confused, overwhelmed,
baffled, relieved that I have my cat safe, and grateful to the good
samaritan.

Purrs for her to be on the mend soon and special purrs to the good
Samaritan

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 30th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Great news that she was found and purrs for a quick recovery. And many
thanks to whoever the good samaritan is - may his/her thoughtfulness,
generousity and kindness be returned many times

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 30th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

We've located Pandora. I recieved a call from my vet telling me that she
had been brought in as an RTA as she was found on the side of the road
at about 9am by an elderly good samaritan. She is alive, with nothing
broken, but is bruised, battered and shaken and she has torn some
muscles in her back so is finding it difficult to walk.

Oh, the poor girl! I'm not sure what "RTA" means - was she hit by a
car? I'm glad she wasn't seriously wounded, she's very lucky.

Once the vet ID'd her with a microchip and had contacted me and I'd said
that I'd pay whatever it cost to fix her before knowing what was wrong,
the good samaritan paid her vets bills with his credit card and asked
the vet not to disclose his information.

WOW!! That's a man who restores my faith in human beings.

I'm so glad you have her back and that she's going to be OK!

Joyce
Old March 30th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
meant that she was dearly loved. I'm still confused, overwhelmed,
baffled, relieved that I have my cat safe, and grateful to the good
samaritan.

Bless his heart for caring so much for a strange cat. And thank goodness
that Pandora is relatively ok. Purrs that she stays indoor from now on!
And purrs for you too.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 30th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:ac9c212e08f577fbc583ea9905931e81.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ee135be5bc4ee4d5c75cc10bbc25e384.76411@mygate .mailgate.org

We've located Pandora. I recieved a call from my vet telling me that she
had been brought in as an RTA as she was found on the side of the road
at about 9am by an elderly good samaritan. She is alive, with nothing
broken, but is bruised, battered and shaken and she has torn some
muscles in her back so is finding it difficult to walk.///

I forgot to mention, that this was after the little cow had come in
through the cat flap of her own accord, and then f*cked off back out
again before I could close the bloody thing behind her! The fact she was
being so spooky probably contributed to her running into the road.

She's been taking ******* cat-trick lessons off Tiger.

Aaaaaaaghhhhhhhh. I've just checked in and seen your first message, about
her being missing. I'm glad that she's not seriously injured, and I'm
sending soothing purrs for you and all the family. That good samaritan is
getting purrs too, and I wish him luck and success in all his endeavours!

Love

Jeanette

Old March 30th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

Thank BAST for microchips, because she had lost her collar and ID. Purrs
for her to be on the mend soon would be much appreciated.

Purrs for Pandora to get well soon and waves of thankfulness to her good
samaritan.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 30th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Oh, thank goodness she was found and many future purrs go out to the good
samaritan! Question, does the doc have any idea what may have caused her
injuries? Could she have been trying to escape a dog or something?

kili