My new fake cat

Old March 31st 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My new fake cat

I ordinarily have three or four feline "helpers" near my desk at
home. I cannot have cats at work (darn it!). So I thought I'd get a
stuffed cat for my desk. It looks like this (pardon the quality of my
camera phone's images):

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8
http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

The online product image is he

http://tinyurl.com/zyja8

I installed the batteries, sat it on my desk, and watched it out of
the corner of my eye. Just like a real kitten, it sleeps on top of the

current book on my desk, it breathes in and out (hence the batteries
-
they say it should breathe for about three months on life support),
and it feels soft to the touch.

It came in a cardboard carry crate like you get at an animal adoption

center, cutesy instructions, and a certificate of adoption on which
you can write your new zombie cat's name.

From the documentation (my comments in brackets):

"Perfect Petzzz (sic) need very little training to remain the
"perfect" pet. Each one was individually tested in Austin, Texas
before being chosen for adoption."

[As long as the command is "sleep", obedience is outstanding. All
other attempts at gaining obedience are exactly as successful as with
real cats]

"Your pet has already been trained to go to the bathroom ONLY when
you are asleep, so it won't even bother you."

[No doubt so it can bury the results under your pillow - just like a
real cat!]

The cat does look realistic, except under close examination. If you
turn it upside down, it looks sadly like the cats who failed to cross

the road.

It also goes a long way toward fixing the "phantom cat" feeling I
get, from expecting a cat to be underfoot, when no cats are in the
vicinity.

In short, I like it. Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I
showed it to her - whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or
complete, disgusted acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to
say.
As a denial survival mechanism, I'm going with the first choice...

No animals, real or hallucinatory, were harmed in the making of this
post.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old March 31st 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

From the documentation (my comments in brackets):

[...]

In short, I like it. Bonus: the receptionist was speechless when I
showed it to her - whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or
complete, disgusted acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to
say.
As a denial survival mechanism, I'm going with the first choice...

No animals, real or hallucinatory, were harmed in the making of this
post.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Cute lil buggar.

But the fur - I'm assuming it is man-made fake fur, not the fur that comes
from China that could possibly have been someone's pet once, right? Hard to
tell from a picture....

Old March 31st 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In short, I like it. Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I
showed it to her - whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or
complete, disgusted acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to
say.
As a denial survival mechanism, I'm going with the first choice...

ROFL!! Please let us know what other co-workers do around it. It is sure
cute.

Old March 31st 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
The online product image is he
http://tinyurl.com/zyja8

It also goes a long way toward fixing the "phantom cat" feeling I
get, from expecting a cat to be underfoot, when no cats are in the
vicinity.

In short, I like it. Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I
showed it to her - whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or
complete, disgusted acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to
say.

I love it!!!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 31st 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8

Wow - at least in the picture, it does look real!

http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

Mark, do you think anyone at your job knows you're a cat slave?

I installed the batteries, sat it on my desk, and watched it out of
the corner of my eye. Just like a real kitten, it sleeps on top of the
current book on my desk, it breathes in and out

OK, here's a question. If they could make it breathe, why couldn't they
make it purr?

It came in a cardboard carry crate like you get at an animal adoption
center, cutesy instructions, and a certificate of adoption on which
you can write your new zombie cat's name.

Considering all that cutsiness, it was very reasonably priced.

Bonus: the receptionist was speehless when I showed it to her -
whether in sheer admiration of my genius, or complete, disgusted
acceptance of my cat-dorkiness, she failed to say.

I have a feeling you have a bit of a reputation at work for the
latter, I'm afraid!

Are you a QA engineer, by any chance? I noticed that the book on your
desk is called "How to Break Web Software".

Joyce
Old April 1st 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:04:01 -0000, Mark Edwards
wrote:

I ordinarily have three or four feline "helpers" near my desk at
home. I cannot have cats at work (darn it!). So I thought I'd get a
stuffed cat for my desk. It looks like this (pardon the quality of my
camera phone's images):

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8
http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

The online product image is he

http://tinyurl.com/zyja8

It's adorable! I would have loved to have one of those when I lived
with my parents and wasn't allowed to have any pets...
Old April 1st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

I ordinarily have three or four feline "helpers" near my desk at
home. I cannot have cats at work (darn it!). So I thought I'd get a
stuffed cat for my desk. It looks like this (pardon the quality of my
camera phone's images):

http://tinyurl.com/lagt8
http://tinyurl.com/nhf2r

The online product image is he

http://tinyurl.com/zyja8

It's adorable! I would have loved to have one of those when I lived
with my parents and wasn't allowed to have any pets...

As the little child said: "I want a cat made out of cat"? MLB