Neighbors yellow female cat

Old June 9th 15, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Neighbors yellow female cat

So do I but it's well away from English "as she is spoke"
in England.
Faucet - tap
Hood (car) - bonnet
Sidewalk - pavement
Fender (car) - wing
Tire - tyre
Etc. Actually it is surprising we can understand each other at all.
grin
Tweed

I certainly understand the words regardless of which version of English
is written, but then again, I read a lot.

Jill
Old June 9th 15, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Lord Bergamot wrote:
Jill... [stuff nobody needs to see again]

Well, I guess your true colors are showing. You seemed OK until someone
made you angry, and then out came the misogyny and name-calling. Is it
really relevant how OLD someone is? There's no call for that no matter
how annoyed you are.
--
Joyce
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness

I'd be willing to let it drop, but, she can't seem to. This can get as bad
as she wants it to get.

Try me.
About not neutering. Good luck with the argument. for not doing it.

Old June 10th 15, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Potato-Leek Soup (WAS: Neighbors yellow female cat)

Lord Bergamot wrote:
Jill... [stuff nobody needs to see again]

Potato Leek Soup

Starts out like this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/103v6l0.jpg

Four white thin skinned medium sized potatoes and three young leeks. Diced.

Add the chicken stock. Add salt & pepper to taste:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2e22cki.jpg

Simmer until tender, pureed in a blender or food processor (or with a
stick blender). Add the puree back to the pan and gradually stir in
about 1 pint of cream. Heat through. Taste and adjust salt & pepper.
Sprinkle with parsley.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2nq73a0.jpg

This soup is quick, easy delicious and adaptable. When serving, you
might sprinkle some shredded or crumbled cheese (of choice) on top.
Might even pass it under a broiler to melt and brown the cheese.

It has a potato base so in the US that might lend itself to some
crumbled crispy (streaky) bacon stirred into it

Jill
Old June 10th 15, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

So do I but it's well away from English "as she is spoke"
in England.
Faucet - tap
Hood (car) - bonnet
Sidewalk - pavement
Fender (car) - wing
Tire - tyre
Etc. Actually it is surprising we can understand each other at all.
grin
Tweed

Thank the superior literacy of British TV programs, which find their way
to American Public Television as alternatives to the crap they produce
here.

You might like this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/natureuk

Old June 10th 15, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/9/2015 2:51 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

So do I but it's well away from English "as she is spoke"
in England.
Faucet - tap
Hood (car) - bonnet
Sidewalk - pavement
Fender (car) - wing
Tire - tyre
Etc. Actually it is surprising we can understand each other at all.
grin
Tweed

Thank the superior literacy of British TV programs, which find their way
to American Public Television as alternatives to the crap they produce
here.

I don't receive the BBC channel. Most of what I see is on Public
Broadcasting, very funny *old* British TV such as "Are You Being
Served": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068040/

Still funny.

Jill

Old June 10th 15, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
On 6/9/2015 2:51 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Thank the superior literacy of British TV programs, which find their way
to American Public Television as alternatives to the crap they produce
here.

I don't receive the BBC channel. Most of what I see is on Public
Broadcasting, very funny *old* British TV such as "Are You Being
Served": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068040/

Still funny.

Yeah, it was American PBS to which I was referring - especially
"Masterpiece Theatre". (I didn't much care for "Mr. Selfridge", but I'm
looking forward to the next season of "Downton Abbey")
Old June 10th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/10/2015 2:27 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
On 6/9/2015 2:51 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Thank the superior literacy of British TV programs, which find their way
to American Public Television as alternatives to the crap they produce
here.

I don't receive the BBC channel. Most of what I see is on Public
Broadcasting, very funny *old* British TV such as "Are You Being
Served": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068040/

Still funny.

Yeah, it was American PBS to which I was referring - especially
"Masterpiece Theatre". (I didn't much care for "Mr. Selfridge", but I'm
looking forward to the next season of "Downton Abbey")

IIRC Selfridge is based on an actual department store and a real person.
Of course it's television so how "realistic" I have no idea. Downton
Abbey was fun. Reminds me a bit of Upstairs, Downstairs which was an
older series.

Jill
Old June 11th 15, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

The Other Guy wrote:

There have been quite a few 'American' sit-coms that were originally
British shows, like Sanford & Son, which was Steptoe & Son on the BBC.

Granted, but IMO the British do it better!
Old June 11th 15, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Both typical of the times they represented. Never watched Mr Selfridge.
I prefer documentaries (especially wildlife programmes) but not the African
"lion gets a baby gazelle" ones. Boyfie and myself have enjoyed
"Springwatch" which ended today. He seems to be able to see birds on the
television.
He takes no notice of anything else on Springwatch, like deer, or stoats,
otters or badgers but he does look at the birdies ;-)
Tweed

Old June 14th 15, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Lord Bergamot wrote:
[...]

Nice recipe, but you won't stop me from a good argument. The simple thing
is that Hobo should meet the vet tomorrow. It would be best for him and the
local community.I could argue the same about Boyfie's coat pattern, it's
lovely but I got him neutered because i don't want him wandering about
fighting about girls.
He does fight a bit about territory though. Usually the sing song does the
trick. If not he offers a fight, and if they say yes, he is up for it. If
they say no, he s quite relieved.

Tweed

Yellow cat has been constipated alien from planet x Cat anecdotes 18 January 1st 15 05:48 PM
Yellow Money? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 54 January 29th 07 11:01 AM
Yellow Lab in Need of Home MINO Cat health & behaviour 0 October 12th 05 04:31 PM
Female cat scared of female kitten Type Name Here Cat health & behaviour 5 November 15th 04 06:43 PM
yellow vomit Jennifer Bradshaw Cat health & behaviour 12 January 12th 04 11:30 PM