Anyone too hot still?

Old September 24th 05, 11:51 PM
Christina Websell

Default Anyone too hot still?

The night temperature here is dropping. I didn't look at the weather
forecast last night but at 8 a.m. this morning when I went to let out my
chickens I could feel the cold rising up from the ground up to my knees.
I've brought my tender plants inside tonight. Impatiens and plants like
that.
I lit my woodburner tonight and KFC snuggled up beside it (and so did I!)
BF has been out most of the day on bird/mouse patrol but now he's decided if
there's going to be a frost the best place is *in.* I have a nice
upsidedowny head pic of him which I will upload and get Lori to put up later
when she doesn't have all the trauma she has at the moment.

Tweed

Old September 25th 05, 12:00 AM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
The night temperature here is dropping. I didn't look at the weather
forecast last night but at 8 a.m. this morning when I went to let out my
chickens I could feel the cold rising up from the ground up to my knees.
I've brought my tender plants inside tonight. Impatiens and plants like
that.
I lit my woodburner tonight and KFC snuggled up beside it (and so did I!)
BF has been out most of the day on bird/mouse patrol but now he's decided

if
there's going to be a frost the best place is *in.* I have a nice
upsidedowny head pic of him which I will upload and get Lori to put up

later
when she doesn't have all the trauma she has at the moment.

Tweed

You can send it now. I don't mind doing it, it will be a good diversion for
me - besides, I always welcome upside-downy head pictures! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 25th 05, 12:07 AM
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I'll upload it from my camera to PC tomorrow. It's gone by bedtime
here, just past midnight and I'm going up the stairs in a few minutes.
Nighty nighty
Tweed

Old September 25th 05, 12:53 AM
Pat

No substantial cooling forecast here for the near future. I've been roasting
to death for almost five months now.

Old September 25th 05, 01:08 AM
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
No substantial cooling forecast here for the near future. I've been
roasting
to death for almost five months now.

I can't imagine that. We hardly get a few days weather the same here, and
it's always fairly wet.
Cold start today, then up to around 60ishF. Night temps are plunging.

Tweed

Old September 25th 05, 02:28 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Christina Websell wrote:
The night temperature here is dropping. I didn't look at the weather
forecast last night but at 8 a.m. this morning when I went to let out
my chickens I could feel the cold rising up from the ground up to my
knees. I've brought my tender plants inside tonight. Impatiens and
plants like that.
I lit my woodburner tonight and KFC snuggled up beside it (and so did
I!) BF has been out most of the day on bird/mouse patrol but now he's
decided if there's going to be a frost the best place is *in.* I
have a nice upsidedowny head pic of him which I will upload and get
Lori to put up later when she doesn't have all the trauma she has at
the moment.
Tweed

Not been too awful hot here, mid 80s F during the day, then upper 50s to
lower 60s F at night - but we've been getting really humid temps here, makes
it not even owrth shutting off the A/C and opening up the windows

Old September 25th 05, 07:05 PM
Lucy's Mom

92 degrees F yesterday, 99 degrees F today....This heat will break
sometime, won't it? It's fall, for pete's sake!! Some of the trees
are starting to turn yellow but I don't know if it's from the shorter
days or from the lack of water. We didn't get a drop from Rita.
I was so hoping for a day or two of rain, but no such luck...
Guess I'll go turn the drip irrigation system on in the back beds...

Old September 25th 05, 08:12 PM
Cheryl

On Sun 25 Sep 2005 02:05:17p, Lucy's Mom wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

92 degrees F yesterday, 99 degrees F today....This heat will
break sometime, won't it? It's fall, for pete's sake!! Some of
the trees are starting to turn yellow but I don't know if it's
from the shorter days or from the lack of water. We didn't get
a drop from Rita. I was so hoping for a day or two of rain, but
no such luck... Guess I'll go turn the drip irrigation system on
in the back beds...

Here in the east, our leaves are falling early. I just finished with
the leaf blower and bagged 10 bags of leaves. Unheard of when Sept
isn't even over yet. It's cooler this weekend, but we haven't had
rain in 5 weeks.

--
Cheryl
Old September 26th 05, 12:49 AM
Lucy's Mom

Sounds like here in Texas...It's been a h*l# of a summer to try and
keep newly planted beds and the yard alive. Between the heat,
drought, and the armadillos (they don't call them "Nature's
Rototiller" for nothing!) I've lost a lot of plants...Oh well, I can
always replant...

I guess since you bagged the leaves, you can't burn them. I love the
smell of burning leaves on a crisp fall day...

On 25 Sep 2005 19:12:57 GMT, Cheryl
wrote:

On Sun 25 Sep 2005 02:05:17p, Lucy's Mom wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

Old September 26th 05, 01:24 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 25 Sep 2005 07:49:45p, Lucy's Mom wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Sounds like here in Texas...It's been a h*l# of a summer to try
and keep newly planted beds and the yard alive. Between the
heat, drought, and the armadillos (they don't call them
"Nature's Rototiller" for nothing!) I've lost a lot of
plants...Oh well, I can always replant...

I've been doing the replanting thing since I bought the house. LOL
I'm a neophyte gardener, but I just love it. We don't have
armadillos, but we have moles and voles and they do a job from the
ground up. 2 years ago, I planted about 100 tulip bulbs in plots
that didn't have anything else going on yet. I've planted bare root
perenials that never showed to the light of day. I swear, something
gets them before they even come up. This year, a Jacob's Ladder
that I planted 2 years ago but disappeared that year came back. It
just shrivelled up before I even knew it was in trouble because of
draught. The only things thriving are 2 butterfly bushes I planted
last year. I'm struggling to keep a few rose bushes alive. We have
a lot of deer here, but they don't come anywhere near where I live;
too close to a busy road.

Going back to the moles/voles -- there are tunnels in the cats
enclosure. Every time the kitties go out, they dig a hole in one of
the openings. I suppose they hear it. It's turning into a massive
hole in the ground! LOL

I guess since you bagged the leaves, you can't burn them. I
love the smell of burning leaves on a crisp fall day...

Nope. Not legal to burn leaves here. I love the smell, too! Raking
and blowing though, it kicks up my allergies.

--
Cheryl