HELP! w/FB Please!

Old June 29th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default HELP! w/FB Please!

Okay, this is one reason I didn't want to rejoin Facebook. I really don't
want to get an email every time someone who is a friend of a friend posts
something. How do I turn those email notifications off? TIA.

Jill

Old June 29th 12, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Okay, this is one reason I didn't want to rejoin Facebook. I really don't
want to get an email every time someone who is a friend of a friend posts
something. How do I turn those email notifications off? TIA.

Jill

go up to your account settings there are sub tabs for all stuff using the
edit

Old June 29th 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Okay, this is one reason I didn't want to rejoin Facebook. I really
don't want to get an email every time someone who is a friend of a friend
posts something. How do I turn those email notifications off? TIA.

Jill

go up to your account settings there are sub tabs for all stuff using the
edit

Thank you And I still don't know how to move around on FB. It will take
some time. If/when I get interested enough.

Jill

Old June 30th 12, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Okay, this is one reason I didn't want to rejoin Facebook. I really
don't want to get an email every time someone who is a friend of a friend
posts something. How do I turn those email notifications off? TIA.

go up to your account settings there are sub tabs for all stuff using the
edit

Thank you And I still don't know how to move around on FB. It will take
some time. If/when I get interested enough.

Jill, the reason you don't know how to move around on FB is because FB
is always moving around on *you*. They change the user interface about
twice a week, it seems. I didn't read it for a few months, and then I went
on there to follow up on an email I got, and everything was different. I
had no idea how to do anything! At least they have some help files now.
It's really frustrating.

--
Joyce

Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old June 30th 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

I've changed my account email settings about three times now. Yes, it saved
the changes. Then unsaved them again. I'm still getting emails every time
someone posts something. It's very annoying! And who are all these people
who want to be my friends? I know most of your names from the holiday card
exchange. These other folks may be friends of RPCA members but I don't know
them. I'm sure I'd like them just fine but... you know what I mean.

However, FB did allow me to reconnect with a woman I worked with years ago.
She and I were both let go by the same *witch*, within days of each other.
That woman slashed and burned her way through IT department personnel.
After seeing her casually get rid of two of the longest term employees in
tech support, then demoting the department supervisor and the programming
manager, people started jumping ship right and left. She got hers in the
end, though. Upper management, to which she aspired, apparently didn't like
seeing their most knowledgeable people running for the hills. So she got a
taste of her own medicine

Jill

Old June 30th 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Jill did you uncheck the mail notifications. Go to
- account settings
- notifications (on the left)
- all notifications
- facebook, click "edit"
- remove all those checkmarks
- save changes

Bobble
Old June 30th 12, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message ...
jmcquown wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

I don't get any emails at all from Facebook, so I know it's possible to
stop them. Keep persevering and you'll get there.

--
Adrian
Old June 30th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I did. Is it any wonder I find FB annoying?

Jill

Old July 1st 12, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"jmcquown" wrote in news:a59b3vF1qeU1
@mid.individual.net:

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

Just trying to help

Bobble
Old July 1st 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 6/30/2012 10:48 AM, jmcquown wrote:

I've changed my account email settings about three times now. Yes, it
saved the changes. Then unsaved them again. I'm still getting emails
every time someone posts something. It's very annoying! And who are
all these people who want to be my friends? I know most of your names
from the holiday card exchange. These other folks may be friends of
RPCA members but I don't know them. I'm sure I'd like them just fine
but... you know what I mean.

http://secretstowebsuccess.com/faceb...notifications/

Or tiny:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/8y57lg4