Human Purr Request

Old March 26th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Human Purr Request

As most of you know, my husband, Rob, was retired from the army with brain
cancer. The army has declared Rob as being 100% disabled, but the Veterans
Administration, who are the people who ultimately pay Rob's bills, decided
that Rob was only 30% disabled and send him $500 a month because he receives
medicine for seizures. We've appealed the decision and have filed for a
hearing and for his case to be re-considered. We also contacted our
congressman to ask for his help.

Today we got a letter from our Congressman, Robin Hayes, saying that he has
been in touch with the VA, and that they have received our request for
reconsideration/hearing and that it is waiting for consideration. I know
this may sound greedy, but could you please ask your friends to purr that
the bozos realize that Rob doesn't have a hang nail and needs full
disability? The change in status would mean $700 more a month, Mandy's and
my college would be covered by the VA, and Rob would be able to get more of
the things he needs.

Pam S.

--
http://www.mousertails.blogspot.com
Mouser Tails: The voyages of the Mouser

I'm not bad...I'm just written that way

Old March 26th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

It doesn't sound greedy at all. It snot like Rob is making it up or claiming
disablement because of the better parking places. I'm sure if he was
actually only 30% disabled, the army would inisit he still do 70% work!
He's entitled to the payment, and therefore should get the payment, simple
as that. Hisspits of beuracracy, and purrs that the hearing comes up quickly
and goes your way.

Yowie

Old March 26th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tons of purrs and prayers for your request to come through.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 26th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I know
this may sound greedy, but could you please ask your friends to purr that
the bozos realize that Rob doesn't have a hang nail and needs full
disability?

IF the army has retired him for being 100 percent disabled, and if he
is too ill to work, then asking for purrs is not greedy. Greedy is
wanting money because you can't be bothered to work, not wanting money
because you need it because he cannot work.

I remember being really sick in 2004, being on medication that made me
sleep 16 hours a day, losing a job for being too tired and weak to work
up to standard, and not getting crap all from anyone.

So, many purrs are coming your way.

I hope the cancer is controllable? Purrs for /that/ as well.

--Fil

Old March 26th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pam, you and your family have our best purrs and hopes that you'll get the
consideration for Rob's disability that you need!
Please let us know how it goes.
hugs,
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old March 26th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

*****delurk Huge PURRS and prayers if those are welcomed. My brother went
through this stick with it you have done right bringing in the
congressman***relurk, Lee

Old March 26th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Definitely sending purrs for this! Mega purrs are in order! I really,
really hope those idiots realize just how bad Rob's situation is and you
guys get the appropriate compensation.
--
Britta

Old March 26th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pamela Shirk wrote:
disability? The change in status would mean $700 more a month, Mandy's and
my college would be covered by the VA, and Rob would be able to get more of
the things he needs.

Absolutely! Lots of purrs that they get their act together.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 26th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs, purrs, and more purrs. If you keep hammering at them you will win.

Purr request Shirley Cat anecdotes 17 June 13th 05 05:06 PM
[OT] Another purr request, I'm afraid Yowie Cat anecdotes 32 May 27th 05 11:33 AM
Purr request - update Shirley Cat anecdotes 8 January 29th 05 06:21 PM
Purr Request for The Duke Of URL Tanada Cat anecdotes 26 December 15th 04 01:49 AM
Purr Request for Studmuffin Eileen Clark Cat community 28 November 9th 04 04:18 AM