Goofy brought in a present last night.

Old June 8th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Goofy brought in a present last night.

nik Simpson wrote:

Rabbits have been a favorite of my cats for many years. Most recently,
Custer bought in two baby rabbits on consecutive nights, but the Mojo
was the real wabbit hunter. Mojo was 21LB in his prime, so he didn't
confine himself to baby rabbits, and he also made sure they were very
dead by the time I found them. I came home one night to find the living
room looking like a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with bits of
rabbit everywhere and a very satisfied Mojo sleeping amongst the remains.

Eww!

I had a similar, though not quite as grotesque, experience several years
ago. A bird got into my apartment (my previous apt) and Smudge caught it.
There must have been one hell of a chase before she got it, though. I was
asleep in my bedroom with the door shut, and when I got up, I found feathers
*everywhere*. I also found a couple of globules of *something* - a bloody
something. And one severed bird foot.

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone
Old June 15th 12, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

On 6/8/2012 3:17 PM, Bastette wrote:

I had a similar, though not quite as grotesque, experience several years
ago. A bird got into my apartment (my previous apt) and Smudge caught it.
There must have been one hell of a chase before she got it, though. I was
asleep in my bedroom with the door shut, and when I got up, I found feathers
*everywhere*. I also found a couple of globules of *something* - a bloody
something. And one severed bird foot.

Yes, been there, Emily used to carry out controlled detonations of Blue
Jays in the living room, I'd come home from work and there would be
feathers everywhere, and unidentifiable bird components ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Old June 16th 12, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

nik Simpson wrote:

On 6/8/2012 3:17 PM, Bastette wrote:

I had a similar, though not quite as grotesque, experience several years
ago. A bird got into my apartment (my previous apt) and Smudge caught it.
There must have been one hell of a chase before she got it, though. I was
asleep in my bedroom with the door shut, and when I got up, I found feathers
*everywhere*. I also found a couple of globules of *something* - a bloody
something. And one severed bird foot.

Yes, been there, Emily used to carry out controlled detonations of Blue
Jays in the living room, I'd come home from work and there would be
feathers everywhere, and unidentifiable bird components ;-)

It was quite a vacuuming job!

--
Joyce

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old June 18th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:35:43 AM UTC-4, Matt Ferrari wrote:
I came home last night a little bit after 11pm. Asked where the cat was.
Brother doesn't know.
So i sit down in the recyliner and a few minutes later he comes squeezing in
the cat door with what looks like a mouse in his mouth.
He goes parading past and we are yelling at him no! Then i had to chase him
to get him to drop what actually was a very small baby rabbit.
So then im trying to pick this rabbit up to put him outside and it is very
much alive and jumping and kicking. It went into the closet and I finally
was able to grab him. I brought him outside and dropped him in the
neighbors yard.
Hopefully Goofy wont find him again but who knows.

Few years ago we found a dead baby rabbit underneath an entertainment center
that we had back then,
I know he likes to bring presents but I just cringe at the thought of
anything cute dying.

Are other readers cats showing off their presents? lol

Matt

Fritzie used to "pay his rent" when I lived in the country and he was a teenaged cat, and I let him roam. (We moved to the city when he was a year and a half old, and I never let him out again until years later, when we got the house with the fenced yard.) Once he got a chipmunk who was quite alive. My friend and I cornered Fritzie and got him to drop the chipmunk. Fool rodent walked a foot, then turned and went back to the cat.

Blessed be,
Elizabeth

Brought her home last night.... Phoenix[_2_] Cat anecdotes 13 May 30th 12 05:11 PM
Goofy Cat jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 September 17th 09 08:11 PM
another goofy video Outsider Cat anecdotes 12 November 27th 07 04:07 AM
Tonight, Paw brought home the purrfect present... Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 0 June 18th 05 08:59 AM
goofy critters David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 36 April 9th 04 07:06 PM