Microchips in teeth

Old March 13th 05, 10:38 PM

Default Microchips in teeth

Someone asked me if I was going to have a microchip with our contact
info implanted in my cat. I am sure you have heard of this before..but
I have not. Have any of you had this done? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Danielle
http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum20.html

Old March 13th 05, 10:44 PM

Oh - maybe I misunderstood.

Old March 13th 05, 10:58 PM

I just checked with my friend and I completely misunderstood. Yes it
is injected between the shoulder blades - okay I am already feeling
better about the suggestion..lol

Old March 14th 05, 12:40 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:38:11 -0800, Telecomdani wrote:

Someone asked me if I was going to have a microchip with our contact
info implanted in my cat. I am sure you have heard of this before..but
I have not. Have any of you had this done? What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Danielle
http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum20.html

Yes, TuTu has a microchip and also wears tags -- one is for ID and the
other is a rabies tag. One never knows what the future may bring and she
can be identified if necessary. MLB
Old March 14th 05, 01:14 AM
Cheryl

On Sun 13 Mar 2005 05:58:45p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

I just checked with my friend and I completely misunderstood.
Yes it is injected between the shoulder blades - okay I am
already feeling better about the suggestion..lol

Danielle
http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum20.html

I'm thinking about having all of mine chipped. They don't go out, and
have no inclination to do so, but there are too many other ways that
they might get loose. One of mine got out when a worker in my house
didn't shut the door tight, but he noticed him outside and alerted me
to it. I was never so scared in my life. Shamrock was disoriented
being outside, scared, and ran straight toward the busy road. Luckily
he turned quickly and ran into my fenced backyard.

--
Cheryl
Old March 14th 05, 09:41 PM
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed (3/13/2005
10:58 PM):
I just checked with my friend and I completely misunderstood. Yes it
is injected between the shoulder blades - okay I am already feeling
better about the suggestion..lol

Danielle
http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum20.html

Meep was chipped back in 2001. She didn't even notice that it'd been
done, it's been readable in 3 different countries, and has caused her
absolutely no problems. I can sometimes feel it if I give her a deep
shoulder massage, but that's been getting rarer.

Here in the UK, there's a national registry, but the name escapes me. I
think there are multiple registries in the US. Having the chip #
registered means that if Meep ends up in a shelter, she has an
infinitely better chance of finding her way home, assuming the shelter
has a chip reader. Just in case, I also have her chip number in a slip
of paper in a little barrel tag on her collar.

I do have a vet wave a wand over her every year or so, just to make sure
the chip is still active.

Even if your cat is completely indoors (and perhaps because), chipping
should be considered - no telling how your cat may react if suddenly
outside of their house - either as an escapee, or as the result of (god
forgive) a break-in, or fire, or any number of other ways of getting
lost (accident on the way to the vet also comes to mind).