Natasha Update

Old August 19th 03, 01:21 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Natasha Update

Here's an update about Natasha, my 16 year-old mistress
who spent one Friday morning about 10 days ago coating my house in
vomit.

Today was the re-test of her out-of-spec blood test results (kidney
and pancreas). TED said at the time that just about anything could
have caused the kidney and pancreas values to be out of spec, from
throwing up to something imminently life threatening. I'm happy to
report that her pancreas values are back to normal, but her kidney
numbers aren't. A couple further tests were run, and it seems that
Natasha has a kidney infection.

Was that what caused the hurling-fest? Doubtful, the nasty hairball
theory (food backed up behind hairball, when tossing hairball food has
to go first, once vomiting that much she just couldn't stop) seems
most likely.

So now we're treating the kidney infection with a course of
antibiotics (for 1-3 months), prescription diet (Science Diet K/D),
and more blood tests in 2 weeks.

The kidney infection could be a minor issue, but TED has begun
preparing me for this being the early stages of kidney failure brought
on by old age. Future tests will tell that tale.

My mistress has ceased her dictation to me on this subject, so that's
the Tasha Update for today ^_^

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/anime ***
Old August 19th 03, 01:32 AM
bewtifulfreak

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Here's an update about Natasha, my 16 year-old mistress

Here's hoping that Natasha's condition remains under control!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 19th 03, 01:56 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
[...]

my guys will keep purring for Natasha.
Brenda

Old August 19th 03, 03:17 AM
Yoj

Purrs for the best possible outcome, and sympathy for having to
administer an antibiotic over such a long period of time.

--
Joy

Old August 19th 03, 04:29 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:21:54 GMT, (Jeanne Hedge) wrote:

[...]

Purrs that the antibiotics will clear up the infection and that
further tests will show healthy kidney functions.
Old August 19th 03, 05:27 AM
Marina

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
Here's an update about Natasha, my 16 year-old mistress
who spent one Friday morning about 10 days ago coating my house in
vomit.

Many purrs that the antibiotics make her all better again. Many purrs for
you, too, for having to administer said antibiotics.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 19th 03, 05:51 AM
LOL

[...]

Purrs to Natasha; I hope the infection clears up and Natasha is
herself again right away.
------
Krista
Old August 19th 03, 12:09 PM
polonca12000

Lots of best wishes and purrs for it *not* to be kidney failure at all,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip The kidney infection could be a minor issue, but TED has begun

Old August 19th 03, 03:57 PM
Julie Cook

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Here's an update about Natasha, my 16 year-old mistress
who spent one Friday morning about 10 days ago coating my house in
vomit.

Hobbes, Selena and Lacey are sending stomach calming purrs and kidney
healing meatloaf meditations. I shall light a healing candle for
Natasha. We're hoping this is simply an infection that can be cleared up
with the antibiotics.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old August 19th 03, 07:23 PM
Dan & Nancy Mahoney

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:06:47 -0600, "Byron & Christine Burel"
wrote:

I have had 2 cats
with kidney failure; one diagnosed at 15 and who lived till almost 21 and
the last who was diagnosed at 14 and lived till 17. In both cases, I feel
that giving subq fluids helped them feel better and helped their kidney
values.

Hi Christine,

Sub-q fluids was something the vet mentioned as a "down the road"
possibility for Natasha (she called it "kitty dialysis"), and said it
was something they could teach me to do. Did you give the shots
yourself or did you take your cats to the vet to get them? What does
it entail? How frequently were they given? Is this something really
complicated? Were they expensive?

Sub-q fluids aren't at all complicated, and it *is* something you can do
yourself. The vet will send you home an IV bag of solution, a rubber
tube, and a needle. You hook all the pieces together (the vet will show
you how), hang the bag from a handy place, pull some skin up away from
kitty's body, insert the needle under the skin, open the valve on the
tubing setup, and allow a measured amount of solution to flow. If this
is something that you're likely to have to do for a while, ask the vet
about him inserting a tube under the skin so that you'll just have to
insert the needle into the tube, instead of sticking it under kitty's
skin yourself.

We did this for a little while for miss DD.

Dan