free feeding VS fixed feeding

Old February 23rd 04, 03:42 PM
Liz

"Phil P." wrote in message news:
Not exactly Mr. Scrooge McDuck.

Yeah.. like your deadly delusion about how adult cats can't become infected
with FeLV?

I never said that. That vet did. And I accepted that adults cats might
become infected and that could be due to inbreeding.

Or your infamous delusion about dissolving calcium oxalate
uroliths in cats with water?

You will get there. I really admire you for trying. Most people *hate*
chemistry.

Vet Med Small Anim Clin. 1970. 65(5):461-8.
Clinical report on 46 cases of feline urological syndrome
Osbaldiston GW, Taussig RA.

Thanks. I´ll give it a look.

My information saves cats' lives - yours will kill them.

Never happened. Actually, I´ve saved a few myself.
Old February 23rd 04, 03:48 PM
Liz

Oh, one more thing. Do you have any proof that adult cats actually
acquire FeLV? I don´t want lab experiments with vaccines. Would you
have something like cats that once tested negative (true negative) and
later developed the disease through natural exposure?

I´m trying to find the study that supports that vet´s statement that
adult cats don´t get FeLV but still haven´t managed.

Old February 23rd 04, 05:32 PM
kaeli

In article , c864320
@yahoo.com enlightened us with...
Oh, one more thing. Do you have any proof that adult cats actually
acquire FeLV? I don´t want lab experiments with vaccines. Would you
have something like cats that once tested negative (true negative) and
later developed the disease through natural exposure?

I´m trying to find the study that supports that vet´s statement that
adult cats don´t get FeLV but still haven´t managed.

If they *couldn't* get it, why would the vaccine be available for adult
animals? Why would they give boosters?? Common sense says if a cat needs
a booster, it can get the disease. (IOW, I think that vet wasn't
thinking too clearly *LOL*)
Of course, it could be that whole conspiracy to make money thing. *heh*

http://www.isabellevets.co.uk/health...fo/vacccat.htm
How to vaccinate with Nobivac FeLV against leukaemia virus

A primary injection.

A second injection three weeks later.

Immunisation is achieved one to two weeks after the second vaccination

An annual booster vaccination is recommended.

In the kitten we start vaccination at 9 weeks of age.

Any age of adult cat can be vaccinated.

Nobivac Tricat and Nobicat FeLV vaccines can be given at the same time.

~kaeli~
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old February 23rd 04, 07:47 PM
MaryL

--

~kaeli~

That was my reaction, too. On the advice of my vet, I discontinued the
vaccine a number of years ago -- but that was because she was exclusively an
indoor cat (and now that also includes Duffy). My vet has checked several
times since then to make sure that my cats do not come into contact with any
others. If they had contact with others, then he recommends the vaccine. I
have never heard anyone knowledgeable say that adult cats were somehow
immune.

MaryL

Feeding time! Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 4 October 15th 03 12:09 AM
Tube feeding for liver disease?? Bill from Tampa Cat health & behaviour 10 August 20th 03 12:25 AM
Fixed But Randomly Aggressive Male Cats Ian Cat health & behaviour 2 July 3rd 03 08:45 PM