Sekrit Santa Gift Exchange??

Old November 25th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

Default Sekrit Santa Gift Exchange??

This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/
Old November 25th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?

Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could
do it for 2012.

Yowie

Old November 26th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?

I took it to mean that, too. "NOT welcome" is a pretty glaring statement.

Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could do
it for 2012.

Yowie

If others would like to do the Secret Santa thing next year, go for it. You
already have a pretty complete mailing list. Just remember, there are
people dealing with financial issues.

They did an (entirely voluntary) Secret Santa thing when I worked for SCMS
and set a spending limit of $15. (There was always that one smart aleck who
obviously went over the limit!). But there would need to be a limit and
that would also have to take postage into account because this is an
International newsgroup.

That brings up another question. Would these be kitty-related
gifts/treats/toys or something more personal? I'm getting tired just
thinking about this

Jill

Old November 26th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:41:42 +1100, Yowie
wrote:

On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?

Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could
do it for 2012.

Yowie

Oh, RPCA people already have an RCPA card list, maintained by you i
believe, I think, and nobody wants to step on your toes here.

Sekrit Santa gift exchange is another matter. RPCA has no gift
exchange at present and anyone who wants to sign up for that before
Dec 1 is welcome.

Gifts mailed to outside the USA would probably be late in arriving,
but within the USA there is plenty of time left.
Old November 26th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:07:24 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?

I took it to mean that, too. "NOT welcome" is a pretty glaring statement.

RPCA already has a card mailing list unless I am mistaken. Nobody is
going to trample over Yowie's effort. Yup, that's glaring, I respect
Yowie.

Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could do
it for 2012.

Yowie

If others would like to do the Secret Santa thing next year, go for it. You
already have a pretty complete mailing list. Just remember, there are
people dealing with financial issues.

They did an (entirely voluntary) Secret Santa thing when I worked for SCMS
and set a spending limit of $15. (There was always that one smart aleck who
obviously went over the limit!). But there would need to be a limit and
that would also have to take postage into account because this is an
International newsgroup.

That brings up another question. Would these be kitty-related
gifts/treats/toys or something more personal? I'm getting tired just
thinking about this

Jill

You send what you feel like sending. It is a kitty to kitty gift
exchange. If you are broke, send a laser pointer or catnip or
something really cheap. No rules. It's about the spririt of giving.
Nobody has to participate.

Nobody has any idea which kitties your kitties would be matched with.
That's determined by a random number generator late night Pacific time
on December 1.
Old November 26th 11, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 11/25/2011 07:12 PM, hopitus wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:41 pm, Yowie wrote:
On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.
I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?
Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could
do it for 2012.
Yowie

Here it is! From another thread, here, my secretsantakittygift for
rpcc participants and
*soooo* appropriate (humans talking like cats):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63jKihoYRg
That was easy and cheap for 2011. Now back out to RL Black Friday
rejoin the battlefields.

Loved it! MLB
Old November 26th 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"MLB" wrote
hopitus wrote:

Here it is! From another thread, here, my secretsantakittygift for
rpcc participants and
*soooo* appropriate (humans talking like cats):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63jKihoYRg
That was easy and cheap for 2011. Now back out to RL Black Friday
rejoin the battlefields.

Loved it! MLB

Here's mine - to all of you AND your cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvGktPaDAPM

Old November 26th 11, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote:

On 26/11/2011 3:28 AM, John Ross Mc Master wrote:
This gift exchange is an activity I'm familiar with from RPCC and I
don't know whether it was ever posted here in the past.

I have noticed a card exchange list here, and this site will NOT
welcome card exchange people from this group. Yowie is doing a great
job and there will be no stepping on toes, or on paws on my part.
Gift exchange only.

https://sites.google.com/site/sekritsanta2011/

Why aren't RPCA folks welcome on the RPCC list, if they are members of
both newsgroups? Or am I just reading that wrong?

Do folks in RPCA want a SecretSanta? Bit late for this year, but could
do it for 2012.

Yowie

Oh, RPCA people already have an RCPA card list, maintained by you i
believe, I think, and nobody wants to step on your toes here.

Ah, I figured (hoped) thats probably what you meant, but thats not how I
read it. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Sekrit Santa gift exchange is another matter. RPCA has no gift
exchange at present and anyone who wants to sign up for that before
Dec 1 is welcome.

Gifts mailed to outside the USA would probably be late in arriving,
but within the USA there is plenty of time left.

Thanks for inviting us! You're very kind, and I for one appreciate the
thought.

Sad to say, but whilst I would love to participate, just sending the
cards (as most of mine are overseas) throws my budget out. I could not
afford to send a gift overseas too (especially when for some
inexplicable reason it costs an extra $9 to send a parcel to the USA
'because of security' but if I sent the same parcel to Canada or Mexico,
it would still land at LAX ,and would still be handled by USA mail
services, but I wouldn't need to pay the 'security fee')

Yowe

Old November 26th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote
hopitus wrote:

Here it is! From another thread, here, my secretsantakittygift for
rpcc participants and
*soooo* appropriate (humans talking like cats):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63jKihoYRg
That was easy and cheap for 2011. Now back out to RL Black Friday
rejoin the battlefields.

Loved it! MLB

Here's mine - to all of you AND your cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvGktPaDAPM

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCM2nJfLD-0

Jill

Old November 26th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Nov 26, 5:44 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote
hopitus wrote:

Here it is! From another thread, here, my secretsantakittygift for
rpcc participants and
*soooo* appropriate (humans talking like cats):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63jKihoYRg
That was easy and cheap for 2011. Now back out to RL Black Friday
rejoin the battlefields.

Loved it! MLB

Here's mine - to all of you AND your cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvGktPaDAPM

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCM2nJfLD-0

Jill

Great one!

Yeah, it's a fun song and cat appropriate I have a rather strange memory
of being in a club (bar) with someone I dated in the 1980's. It was the wee
hours of the morning and the band was tearing down and one of them starting
singing "Weam a whop weam a whop" and they got a good harmony going. It was
about 2AM and I was 24-ish. What can I say? I chimed up (a cappella) and
sang, "In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight." My date
and his friends were astonished. Gee, you didn't know I could sing, did
you? LOL

If the bar hadn't been empty I'd never have done that. I don't sing in
front of a crowd. But I can still hit those notes!

Jill

No Sekrit Santa? conniepo Cat community 11 December 29th 10 03:13 PM
Thank you Sekrit santa Ann791 Cat community 0 December 20th 10 01:49 PM
Thank you Sekrit Santa Ann Cat community 2 December 16th 08 12:26 AM
Sekrit Santa Ann Cat anecdotes 0 December 19th 07 10:18 PM
Thanks you Sekrit santa Ann Cat community 0 December 26th 06 06:00 PM