Make it Stop - PLEASE!

Old September 22nd 05, 04:38 PM
CatNipped

Default Make it Stop - PLEASE!

In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped for a
second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just want it to
stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 22nd 05, 04:47 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:38:43 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped for a
second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just want it to
stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

My dear Lori. I am so sorry-- all this seems absolutely scriptural
(and I'm not religious). To say it's not fair seems like the most
ridiculous of understatements. I would have just completely lost it
by now. Persistent prayers and purrs for you and your family.

Theresa
Old September 22nd 05, 05:18 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped
for a second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just
want it to stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'll light my candles now. Get somewhere safe with your family and pets,
Lori. Do it NOW. Head north, towards Arkansas. Everything will be okay.
Trust me on this one.

Jill

Old September 22nd 05, 05:25 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped
for a second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just
want it to stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'll light my candles now. Get somewhere safe with your family and pets,
Lori. Do it NOW. Head north, towards Arkansas. Everything will be okay.
Trust me on this one.

Jill

It's too late for us to try to get out. The roads out are all gridlocked -
people are breaking down and running out of gas and literally making a steel
blockade surrounding the city. The news reports are that it is taking
people 8 hours to get to Conroe from here (a normally 35 minute drive) - and
we'd be no better off in Conroe than we are here.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 22nd 05, 05:48 PM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I'm watching this on the news. Isn't it about time for them to make the
roads one way out? Or at least all but one or two lanes?

And what I'm seeing I'm pretty sure is cars from Galveston that haven't even
made it as far away as you already live.

Jo

Old September 22nd 05, 06:12 PM
Gabey8

[[In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped for
second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just want it to
stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped]]

If I could wish it gone, believe me, it'd be gone already. (

Instead, we'll send prayers and purrs along until the crisis has passed.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old September 22nd 05, 06:13 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

It is NOT too late. Didn't you gas up the cars?! So sit in traffic for a
bit. Turn off the car and wait. My parents flee this sort of thing all the
time living on an island off the coast of SC. Go, Lori and family, go!

Jill

Old September 22nd 05, 06:37 PM
Shiral

Oh, I don't blame her! One major hurricane is enough, the second less
than a month later is entirely too much. I hope Hurricane Rita will
have calmed down by the time the storm passes through Houston. I hope
you and your family will be safe, Lori.

Melissa

Old September 22nd 05, 06:40 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I really wasn't exaggerating. My son called me 3 hours ago and they were on
I-59 heading out. He just called me 2 minutes ago and said they were
turning around and coming back because he had gone exactly 2 miles since the
last time he talked to me. Cars are breaking down and running out of gas
and they can't get to them to tow them to the side of the road. They're
trying to get gas trucks to those cars, but the gas trucks can't get through
just like cars can't get through. This is going to be *our* "scandal" after
the fact - city officials are even now pointing fingers at each other. We
are *LITERALLY* blocked in and trapped.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 22nd 05, 07:11 PM
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
In the middle of helping us board up our windows my daughter stopped for a
second, her eyes filled with tears, and she whispered, "I just want it to
stop!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

It must seem like hurricanes are pursuing your family :-((
I am so sorry, Lori, and I am praying you will all be safe again without
damage to your house. OMG, how much you have had to tolerate over the last
few weeks.
(((Lori & family)))
Please keep us updated, I am very worried.

Tweed