Household chores

Old November 8th 03, 05:41 AM
John Biltz

Default Household chores

I am pretty amazed at the way my two cats have divided the household
chores. Maya normally supervises me whenever something new is brought
into the house opened up and put away. She makes sure that nothing
sneaks into the house in a box or bag and that all is of acceptable
quality. She is also the gravity checker and makes sure that the gravity
is still working properly in the condo by knocking things off the counter
and carefully watching that it does indeed fall properly all the way to
the ground. Bruiser on the other hand supervises all the cleaning. He
watches me scrub the bathroom and sweep and mop the floors. He is always
right there making sure I am not slacking off and don't miss any spots.
When I dust I use a wand with nylon feather things and even participates
in the dusting chasing the wand and making sure I don't miss anything.
He always supervises closely when I wash dishes and carefully inspects
the bubbles in the sink to make sure I am using enough and that the
faucet is working corectly. They seem to trust me alone with the loud
sucking thing for the carpet but Bruiser makes sure the carpet is still
solidly attached to the floor several times a day. Earlier I washed
some dishes while Bruiser was out doing something and Maya came in and
covered for him.

Old November 8th 03, 06:01 AM
Marina

"John Biltz" wrote

[...]

LOL! Your description of the gravity test is excellent! My cats are too lazy
to supervise me, except if it has something to do with feeding them. Frank
is the designated waker-upper of the hoomin in the mornings, and it is
Nikki's job to make sure I give them their evening snack befoe I go to bed.
Dinner is such a big thing, they both have to make sure I don't forget to
give them that.

Then there is Frank's project to research where the water goes after the
flush and after I shower, which requires him to supervise all activities in
the bathroom.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 8th 03, 06:20 AM
John Biltz

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:01:46 -0800, Marina wrote
(in message ):

"John Biltz" wrote

[...]

Bruiser has recently learned the art of the head butt and seems to have
taken over waking me up the last few days. But Maya used to handle that
very ably. Maya also often follows me to the dumpster when I take out
the trash and walks me to the mailbox so I am safe and don't get lost.
They both supervise my cleaning the litter box, Maya supervises general
cleaning but if I dump and scrub it then it becomes Bruiser's
responsibility.

Old November 8th 03, 08:17 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 06:20:09 GMT, John Biltz
wrote:

[...]

Little Bit and Sammy divide the litter box duty. Little Bit is in
charge of making sure I know when a box needs cleaning. If a box has
been used, she'll go check the other one. If both have been used, she
checks to she which is cleanest, and use it. And, of course, if she
thinks neither is freash enough, she comes to me to announce her
displeasure and tell me to clean them.

Once Little Bit has told me to clean the boxes, Sammy takes over to
make sure it's done properly. She's a stern taskmaster. It's rare that
I scoop and smooth out the sand to her satisfaction. She often has to
point out the odd missed clump. Once I'm done scooping, and smooth out
the sand, she has to jump in and rearrange things to her satisfaction.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 8th 03, 01:06 PM
jmcquown

John Biltz wrote:
I am pretty amazed at the way my two cats have divided the household
chores.

That is too funny! Persia has to undertake these tasks alone but she does a
pretty good job!

Jill

Old November 8th 03, 01:08 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
"John Biltz" wrote

I am pretty amazed at the way my two cats have divided the household
chores.

(cats claw tore out the previous)
Then there is Frank's project to research where the water goes after
the flush and after I shower, which requires him to supervise all
activities in the bathroom.

Persia has to stare intently at the faucet or the bathtub drain, just to
make sure it's working properly. She gets up on the edge of the tub and
stares... sometimes she will inspect close-up as the water recedes, just to
make sure it all goes down the drain properly

Jill (never leaves the lid on the toilet up)

Old November 8th 03, 02:58 PM
polonca12000

How sweet!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I am pretty amazed at the way my two cats have divided the household
chores. snip

Old November 8th 03, 05:39 PM
MaryL

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
[...]

Oh, yes, and don't forget bed-making. Holly is always an active
participant. I always have a tumbling, scrambling little furball grabbing
at the covers trying in all possible ways to help me. She really doesn't
think that a "smooth" surface is the proper way to make a bed, and she is
very good at pulling the sheets and spread into the more appropriate
scrunched-up position.

MaryL

Old November 8th 03, 10:38 PM
Jette Goldie

"John Biltz" wrote
Bruiser has recently learned the art of the head butt and seems to have
taken over waking me up the last few days. But Maya used to handle that
very ably. Maya also often follows me to the dumpster when I take out
the trash and walks me to the mailbox so I am safe and don't get lost.
They both supervise my cleaning the litter box, Maya supervises general
cleaning but if I dump and scrub it then it becomes Bruiser's
responsibility.

Dakota regularly head-butts everything - doors, cupboards, walls,
my legs. Did you know that with a good head-butt you can make
a kitchen cabinet with a *spring* closure fly open?

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 8th 03, 10:38 PM
Jette Goldie

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
[...]

In my house both cats share the job of checking out new
purchases, but Dakota is in charge of checking nothing
is left in the bags or boxes. Apache checks out the merchandise
and Dakota checks gravity (though sometimes he slips up and
I find Apache filling in for him - but he gets to keep the credit
as far as my husband is concerned..... he thinks Apache is
such a well behaved lady and neither of us likes to disillusion
him). Apache is also in charge of making sure that all new
clothing of ours has the requisite cat fluff, and Dakota regards
it as his duty to stand guard over who ever is using the loo.