A cat forum. CatBanter

Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

Old March 15th 19, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Now Waits on the Cat Steps in the Dining Room

When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat steps. She can
see onto the driveway and the walkway to the front door.

I always have to walk down the driveway to check the mailbox. I see her
sitting in the window when I'm walking back up and wave at her.

When I come in through the garage door to the kitchen, she's waiting for
me in the dining room. She meows a Hello! and I give her scritches.
She knows now to let me please go change out of my work clothes. She
gets plenty of attention once I'm back in my usual around the house
comfy clothes.

Jill
Old March 18th 19, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 1, 2019.

In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat steps. She can
see onto the driveway and the walkway to the front door.

I always have to walk down the driveway to check the mailbox. I see her
sitting in the window when I'm walking back up and wave at her.

When I come in through the garage door to the kitchen, she's waiting for
me in the dining room. She meows a Hello! and I give her scritches.
She knows now to let me please go change out of my work clothes. She
gets plenty of attention once I'm back in my usual around the house
comfy clothes.

Jill

Now she's made her point and got you giving her all that attention when
you get home, she's decided to let you go out.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.
Old March 18th 19, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2019-03-18 10:02 a.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
When I come home from work and she hears the automatic garage door go
up, she looks out the dining room window from the cat steps. She can
see onto the driveway and the walkway to the front door.

I always have to walk down the driveway to check the mailbox. I see her
sitting in the window when I'm walking back up and wave at her.

When I come in through the garage door to the kitchen, she's waiting for
me in the dining room. She meows a Hello! and I give her scritches.
She knows now to let me please go change out of my work clothes. She
gets plenty of attention once I'm back in my usual around the house
comfy clothes.

Jill

Now she's made her point and got you giving her all that attention when
you get home, she's decided to let you go out.

Judith

Cats know when you're due home. Mine can't see me coming - no windows on
that side of the apartment, but I think they can hear me. I have a
little wooden table by the door to hold keys etc, and also of course a
cat, Kerry, who perches there to welcome me as I come in the door.

--
Cheryl
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 3, 2019.

In article , Cheryl
On 2019-03-18 10:02 a.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

What a Lovely welcome.

Judith

Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2019-03-18 10:02 a.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
*** jmcquown wrote:
[...]

They've got little internal clocks. I truly believe it! Even with my
erratic schedule (always during the day) when I have to go to work my
alarm is set for 7:30AM. Buffy starts trying to wake me around 7:00. A
little kiss on the temple; purr in my ear (that tickles!). Occasionally
a MEOW! So I get up before the actual alarm clock. Cat duties
first, of course!

On days when I don't have to go to work, she doesn't do that. I'm going
out on a limb here when I say she seems to know when I have to get up
and when I don't have to.

She definitely knows when I've returned home because of the sound of the
garage door. Tonight after giving her scritches and saying hello while
changing out of my work clothes, she talked to me. She meowed like
crazy. Fell over for a quick belly rub and scritches on her neck.

But I still had chores to do. Tomorrow is trash pickup day. So as soon
as I changed out of my work clothes I had to empty the waste baskets
around the house and take the trash to the curb. Couldn't yet give her
my complete, total attention. So she went and took a nap. LOL

Jill