Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Old April 5th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE: Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Christina Websell wrote:

Shouting all day :-( and bereft.
My neighbours are very good fortunately and never complain at my crowing
cockerels and it's unlikely that Shylock's screeching will be a problem
either as I tolerate their screaming youngster who sometimes keeps me awake
in the night as their house is attached to mine.

Tweed

I've been following your thread, Tweed, and sending good thoughts for
her. We had a goose once; he had a *lot* of personality. He had a bad
habit of biting the backs of my legs, though; I learned to never turn
my back on him.
I sure hope she continues to improve.

Sherry

Old April 5th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

((((((Tweed & Shylock))))))

Purrs continuing for Emod to bounch back and be home to Shylock soon

Tweed

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 5th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs continuing for Emod to bounch back and be home to Shylock soon

Purrs for Enid's recovery.

--Fil

Old April 5th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Turns out the locked gate and shield were because she had a "attack"
rooster.
--

2 geese were the only things that ever worried Speedy Joe and we are
talking about the cat who caused our next door neighbour to ask the

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 5th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Good luck to Enid, poor little thing. I hope she's back with her mate soon.

Love

Jeanette

Old April 5th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Turns out the locked gate and shield were because she had a "attack"
rooster.
--

2 geese were the only things that ever worried Speedy Joe and we are
talking about the cat who caused our next door neighbour to ask the
question: "Can my Doberman have her bone back off your cat?"

Lesley

Laughing and remembering our Sam fondly. Next door neighbor's hunting hound
truly believed there was a cougar in the bushes at our house.

Jo

Old April 5th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I heard from the vet's surgery this evening that Enid is still with us which
is better than I thought as I wasn't very hopeful yesterday.

snip
Why do I always feel it's my fault if my animals/birds get ill? Enid is
kept in exactly the same way as Shylock & his first wife, Honk - and she
lived to be 21.
Please continue to purr for Enid. She was so weak when I picked her up to
take her to TED yesterday that she couldn't cope with the trauma of me
catching her, and fainted. I thought she was dead and I'd killed her by
picking her up. She is very shy with me, still.
She's not out of the woods yet as it all depends on what the underlying
problem is.
Thanks for your purrs and prayers.

Tweed & Shylock

Of course it's not your fault when animals get ill, Christina. We humans
get ill too and it is nobody's fault either, it's just a part of our life.
We are sending lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Enid to
continue to do well, and gentle hugs for you and Shylock,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 6th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:06:26 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...

Turns out the locked gate and shield were because she had a "attack"
rooster.
--

2 geese were the only things that ever worried Speedy Joe and we are
talking about the cat who caused our next door neighbour to ask the
question: "Can my Doberman have her bone back off your cat?"

Lesley

Laughing and remembering our Sam fondly. Next door neighbor's hunting hound
truly believed there was a cougar in the bushes at our house.

I have seen mockingbirds, who probably don't weigh more than a few
ounces, totally intimidate cats. One once backed my father's cat into
a corner, underneath a lawn chair, then strutted back and forth on the
ground only about 18 inches (roughly half a meter) in front of the
cat, swearing loudly at the cat. The cat refused to go out that
particular house door for a couple of days afterwards. The same bird
once pecked me on top of the head as it flew by.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old April 6th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't
want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as

geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar
way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Purrs for Mrs. Goose.