Morning coffee

Old April 5th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Morning coffee

"The Raven @icnet.net" the_ravennospam wrote in message
I need to borrow your cat. Does he attack moles? I have moles, and my
cat's can't seem to take care of them. I'm tempted to fire my cats unless
I see proof they're on the job.

My three take care of moles. Just not often enough...

Cheers, helen s

Old April 7th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"The Raven @icnet.net" the_ravennospam wrote in message
I need to borrow your cat. Does he attack moles? I have moles, and my
cat's can't seem to take care of them. I'm tempted to fire my cats

unless
I see proof they're on the job.

My three take care of moles. Just not often enough...

Cheers, helen s

Maybe you need more cats ;o)
Sus& Spicey

Old April 7th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I hope the bells are more effective for you than they were
for me. One cat, especially, used to leave an offering of a
robin on our front mat every morning. Belling worked for
about two days, then he learned to move so smoothly he
didn't disturb the bell until he pounced (by which time it
was too late). This was a bell on a ribbon (which swayed
more than one attached to a collar), but even so....

Your kitty seems to support the school of thought that bells are
ineffective...I've read that a belled cat only learns to be a more
stealthy hunter. Said they actually learn to tuck their chins to quiet
the bell! By the time the bell makes a sound, it's at the last pounce,
and too late for the prey. The constant tinkling so close to their
ears was allegedly a source of behavioral changes. Of course, like
anything else, you can take it with a grain of salt, but it seemed to
make sense to me.
My crew are obviously such inept hunters that even when they ran loose,
they never killed a bird to my knowledge.
Sherry

Sherry