Do your cats have a favourite flavour?

Old June 4th 14, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Do your cats have a favourite flavour?

"Jane" wrote in message
On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:35:30 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
I used to read posts about how a cat wouldn't eat this, and how
another cat wouldn't eat that, and I smuggly thought that they just
don't know how to feed cats. Then I got Nipsy and owe an apology to
those posters. He just whines and whines until I put out something
different, and then he ignores that. Marlo isn't a whole lot better.
Scooter has his moments too, but he just walks away rather than whine
at me.

ROFL! Now you know!! Now one of the *odd* things is that I hear a lot of
people don't let the wet food sit around very long, and pick it up when it's
more than half an hour old. If I did that, Rita would never eat anything!
She seems to *prefer* it after it's gotten a bit dried and nasty. So I
leave it down all day and only pick up the plate in the morning when I
replace it with a clean plate with clean food (which she again ignores until
it's dried out a bit). I use paper plates for her canned food and give her
a fresh plate every morning. Yeah, I'm indulgent. Very, very indulgent.

________
Wet food half an hour old? It just couldn't happen here unless the Boy was
ill. He waits impatiently for it and it takes him two minutes to eat.
I feed him from a stainless steel dish which is clean every time (none of
that plastic that gives them chin acne) and from a ceramic one for his
nightly sprinkles.

Old June 5th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 10:11:52 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 6/4/2014 9:54 AM, Jane wrote:
On Friday, May 30, 2014 7:58:41 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie does not seem to have a preference in the brand of food I feed him
which comes in 2 boxes of "whatever in jelly" all different and a box of
"whatever in gravy" all in senior format because he's now 12.
However if there's a very special offer on his brand of non-senior food, I
have been known to buy that ;-)
Tweed

I used to *think* that the Princess Rita had a flavor preference, but it
turned how to be the form, not the flavor. She'll eat anything, as long as
it's in the classic pate form, smashed with a fork. No chunks, no shreds,
no gravy whatsoever. Only pate, and mashed with a fork. Then she loves it.

Same thing with Persia. She prefers the pate. If I give her food with
gravy she laps up the gravy but ignores the actual food. She much
prefers the pate. And yes, it must be mashed with a fork!

I try to mix up the flavors to give her a variety so she doesn't get tired
of any one type, because the only stuff they sell like that in the warehouse
store is the seafood variety. I have to pick up the poultry or beef varieties
in other stores. I don't shop around for myself very often, but the Princess
must be indulged. She gets Fancy Feast.

Persia gets a tiny bit of Fancy Feast every morning. It spurs her on to
eat her r/x kibble.

One other exception, she seems to really *love* the morning stuff with eggs
and cheese in it. That really gets her going.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

I tried that mornings food with Persia. She was like what is this?
Apparently she doesn't like eggs or cheese.

Jill

Hmm. Maybe I'll try mashing it up before serving it.
Old June 6th 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:53:03 PM UTC-7, Judith Latham wrote:
I forgot to say that although Sootie eats most cat foods, she just will not eat anything beef flavoured. She just doesn't like it.

Around here the call of "Beefies" gets a stampede!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulpus Furballs
Old June 7th 14, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Lesley
Madigan wrote:
Sarsi adores sardine flavoured cat food we refer to it as "stinky fishy"
and when she hears that she in at the bowl before it's even open, Bonnie
doesn't care -its food she eats it. Both love "Dreamies" they've been
known to waken me up by dropping the bag on my head! And also they
adore the "Wilkinson's" anti furball treats 65p a bag and really work-
they get them quite a lot

Lesley

I forgot to say that although Sootie eats most cat foods, she just will
not eat anything beef flavoured. She just doesn't like it.

Judith

Tigger used to reject the prawn flavour pouch in the only box he would deign
to eat so Boyfie got them. Unfortunately Tigger has now decided he likes
them.
Damn.

Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.