Discouraged

Old June 16th 14, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Discouraged

On 6/15/2014 4:53 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
On 6/12/2014 1:04 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I crushed the pill into a powder and mixed it with the juice of tuna
packed in water. Tiger ate it right up.

Sadly, a moot point now.

I will say, just as an FYI, not all cats like tuna. When Persia first
found me the vet wanted me to pill her in case she had worms. He
suggested I put the (rather small) pill in water packed tuna. She
took one sniff and looked at me like I was crazy. She does NOT like
tuna. Not even cat-food tuna.

Jill

Actually, I don't think one can truthfully say ANYTHING beginning "All
cats"! I've had cats that liked all sorts of unlikely foods (including
popcorn and potato chips). Some cats must be forcibly restrained from
sharing your dinner (while you're still eating it), others will not even
TOUCH "people" food.

Persia loves cheese nips (crackers). And potato chips/crisps. She's
not supposed to have any (I try very hard not to give her "people" food)
yet she begs and begs. I sort of feel guilty if I have an occasional
snack around her. She does recognize the sound of that bag opening!

She doesn't care for seafood, which is a good thing since I love it and
often cook it for myself.

Jill
Old June 16th 14, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/15/2014 6:19 PM, Joy wrote:
On 6/15/2014 1:53 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
On 6/12/2014 1:04 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I crushed the pill into a powder and mixed it with the juice of tuna
packed in water. Tiger ate it right up.

Sadly, a moot point now.

I will say, just as an FYI, not all cats like tuna. When Persia first
found me the vet wanted me to pill her in case she had worms. He
suggested I put the (rather small) pill in water packed tuna. She
took one sniff and looked at me like I was crazy. She does NOT like
tuna. Not even cat-food tuna.

Jill

Actually, I don't think one can truthfully say ANYTHING beginning "All
cats"! I've had cats that liked all sorts of unlikely foods (including
popcorn and potato chips). Some cats must be forcibly restrained from
sharing your dinner (while you're still eating it), others will not even
TOUCH "people" food.

My mantra has been that if anyone starts a sentence with "all cats ...",
they probably haven't known many cats.

Joy

I've only been owned by Persia, but I know you can't say "all cats". I
quickly learned there is no such thing as rules that apply to all cats.

Jill
Old June 16th 14, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 6/12/2014 1:04 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I crushed the pill into a powder and mixed it with the juice of tuna
packed in water. Tiger ate it right up.

Sadly, a moot point now.

I will say, just as an FYI, not all cats like tuna. When Persia first
found me the vet wanted me to pill her in case she had worms. He
suggested I put the (rather small) pill in water packed tuna. She
took one sniff and looked at me like I was crazy. She does NOT like
tuna. Not even cat-food tuna.

Jill

Pit2nya likes tuna 'juice', the liquid in the can of tuna, but will
leave all tuna pieces or flakes...go know!.
Sylvia

Old June 16th 14, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Even one cat will change it's mind sometimes.
Old June 16th 14, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

That is so true. We once had a cat that hated raisins. My son wanted
to demonstrate this to a friend, so he offered that cat a raisin.
Naturally, the cat ate it.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old June 16th 14, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

...",
they probably haven't known many cats.

Joy

I've only been owned by Persia, but I know you can't say "all cats". I
quickly learned there is no such thing as rules that apply to all cats.

Jill

Even one cat will change it's mind sometimes.

That is so true. We once had a cat that hated raisins. My son wanted
to demonstrate this to a friend, so he offered that cat a raisin.
Naturally, the cat ate it.

Joy

Well hey, when you're trying to prove a point the cat will do the exact
opposite just to make you look foolish. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

I didn't realize until recently Persia likes cooked cabbage. I was
clutzy and dropped a piece on the floor. She scarfed it right up. If I
purposely gave her a piece of cabbage she'd probably ignore it now.

Jill
Old June 17th 14, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:51:10 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 6/16/2014 2:57 PM, Joy wrote:
On 6/16/2014 5:54 AM, dgk wrote:

I didn't realize until recently Persia likes cooked cabbage. I was
clutzy and dropped a piece on the floor. She scarfed it right up. If I
purposely gave her a piece of cabbage she'd probably ignore it now.

Jill

There's also the game part of it. I bring home an assortment of food
cans. We try them out. Oh, we all like this one! Fine, I'll buy a
case. Guess what.