Jellicle Ball 2012

Old September 19th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Jellicle Ball 2012

This could be real fun Halloween. One question: Given that it is
Halloween and BLACK Cats are sought out by some very deranged HUMANS,
is any cat working on SECURITY?!? Normally we have to worry about D*GS,
but this year we need to worry more about deranged HUMANS. If need be I
can cast another of my cloaking spells like I did last year, still there
is always a chance that some HUMAN might trip over our party through
simply blind LUCK and there is nothing I can do about that. Bobcat is
always cautious with me around Halloween because I am a BLACK Cat, and
he wants to keep me SAFE....

I'll look forward to seeing you at the Jellicle Ball

Misty the Black Panther

Two of the places that have been suggested so far, Cat Island (where we
held the Jellicle Ball in 2009) and Der Schloss der Alten Katzen (the
Countess' castle) are both in kitty-only territory where we wouldn't have
to worry about humans. Two of the others, Winchester Mystery House and
the Hotel del Coronado, are frequented by humans but we would have access
to cat-only areas (aside from our few human guests, of course) so we
should be ok there. And I'm sure Big Mama will be there. Very few humans
would care to tangle with a full-sized black panther!

Just to be safe, though, I'll ask if some of the High Priestess of Bast's
guards would be willing to provide security. They're pretty fearsome
kitties.

Amelia
Old September 20th 12, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
conniepo

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:22:16 PM UTC-4, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Can any human attend? I would be interested if it is allowed. I can help with the little ones or do any other chore that would help the kitties enjoy the event.

Anti Connie
Old September 20th 12, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Can any human attend? I would be interested if it is allowed. I can help
with the little ones or do any other chore that would help the kitties
enjoy the event.

Anti Connie

Unless somecat objects, I sure can't see why not. It could be fun to have
some humans present!

Amelia
Old September 21st 12, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

Weh dun't wike spooky pwases,Pi2nya .
Owr sekritary gitz skard vury eezily n hur gitz bad dreemz lotz
But dis pwace, Cat Valley, soundz gud. R dem ghosts bad ghosts or gud
ghosts?

Mosey fur hiz Hous

I tink maybe sumplayze spooky, synze it iz so kloze tu Holloween?
Pi2nya

"Community Kitties"
If ze catmunity duzn't find any place betterer, I'z would like to offer
mine old summer castle. It's in ze hills overlooking ze Fluss des
Schwarzenkatzen (ze River of Black Cats) where it flows through das Tal
der Katzen (Cat Valley).

Mine late husbandcat moved us to ze castle I live in now many years ago
when we decided zat ze old castle was too drafty. Both castles had been
in ze family for centuries. When we moved out of ze old castle we gave it
to ze katzen living in ze nearby village, along with a bunch of building
materials. Ze villagers refurbished about half of ze old castle, and
turned it into a nice bed and breakfast. Ze old castle is haunted, but ze
ghosts there are nice. Zat is one of ze reasons ze villagers only
refurbished half of ze castle - they left half of it untouched so zat ze
ghosts will continue to feel at home.

Ze castle (Der Schloss der Alten Katzen) haz comfortable rooms large
enough for two cats to big rooms wiz room for lots of cats, has provision
fur Doggs and ozzer aminals, and has a wonderful banquet hall and a
beautiful ballroom.

So if ze Community doesn't find any place else, ze castle is always
available.

Countess Persia Katzenplatzen

Old September 21st 12, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:16:01 -0700, Mosey =^..^= wrote:

Weh dun't wike spooky pwases,Pi2nya . Owr sekritary gitz skard vury
eezily n hur gitz bad dreemz lotz But dis pwace, Cat Valley, soundz
gud. R dem ghosts bad ghosts or gud ghosts?

Mosey fur hiz Hous

Oh, all ze ghosts at Der Schloss der Alten Katzen are friendly. Zat is
why ze villagers are so considerate of ze interests of ze ghosts. Some of
zem are mine furry good friends!

Countess Persia
Old September 22nd 12, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Sep 19, 2:22*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:

Two of the places that have been suggested so far, Cat Island (where we
held the Jellicle Ball in 2009) and Der Schloss der Alten Katzen (the
Countess' castle) are both in kitty-only territory where we wouldn't have
to worry about humans. Two of the others, Winchester Mystery House and
the Hotel del Coronado, are frequented by humans but we would have access
to cat-only areas (aside from our few human guests, of course) so we
should be ok there. And I'm sure Big Mama will be there. Very few humans
would care to tangle with a full-sized black panther!

Just to be safe, though, I'll ask if some of the High Priestess of Bast's
guards would be willing to provide security. They're pretty fearsome
kitties.

Amelia

Dear Countess Persia , I don't think we have met, I'm "Misty" from the
House of Ruskin, I look forward to meeting you at the Jellicle
Ball.

Amelia: I DO hope the Bast's High Priestess does come, she was such a
delightful cat last year. Did I met Big Mama last year?!? Is she
really a full size Black Panther, or another Bombay like me --
sometimes called a mini "Black Panther" as we tend to look exactly
like panthers... only much, much, smaller?? Though that gives me an
idea... IF "Big Mama" is NOT a full sized Black Panther, I could shape
shift into one and patrol the halls to ensure that NO foolish human
DARE even THINK about crashing our party -- now THAT would be FUN!!!
Now *THAT* would be the ULTIMATE "costume" for Halloween!!!! Trick or
Treat!!!! Hehehehe.

I'd like to propose an idea and see if any cat would like to second
it: Normally the Jellicle Ball is held for only one night, that being
the night of the 1st full moon in October, after which come the
sunrise we retreat to spend 3 days of meditation reflecting on on our
Jellicle lives and those that have gone before us. This year since
the Fill Moon occurs on the 29th of October, and Halloween is the 31st
of October, I propose we EXTEND the Jellicle Ball all the way through
Halloween, and come the Sunrise of All Souls Day, we retreat back
to our homes to begin our 3 days of meditations and reflections.
Indeed given that Halloween is so close to the Jellicle Ball, ALL cats
-- but BLACK CATS in particular -- will be in DANGER from deranged
HUMANS, this way we KNOW where all the Community cats are, and so
should be SAFE -- Safety in numbers you know -- unless they O.D. on
'nip.

I'd also like to propose that some cat contact Bast's High Priestess
and request that should she come that she bring with *several* of
her guards to provide security. While this year we don't have to
ensure that Bast's Temple remain undiscovered, this year we need to
ensure that deranged humans don't accidentally find us and make off
with one of us for use as an "animal sacrifice" on Halloween... hard
to believe that this is the 21st Century and there are kooky humans
who still practice animal sacrifice. Sad... Do we have any
volunteers for this job?!?

ANY human that is allowed to attend this years Ball in particular
*MUST* be vouched for by 3 cats, or unless they are already HC's .
Any D*G that is allowed to attend must likewise be vouched for as SAFE
by 3 cats and must have proof of rabies vaccination.

BTW has anyone proposed who will be our MC for this years Ball?!? IF
the planning committee were to chose one the castles proposed by
Countess Persia, I'd like to nominate Countess Persia to be this
year's Mistress of Ceremonies. Even if we do NOT decide to use one of
her castles, I'd still like to nominate her for the job. Do we have
any seconds on this nomination???

Are there and seconds on any of these proposals?!?

This may turn into one of those Jellicle Balls that may live on in
infamy in the annals of rpcc lore!!! Cats, and Humans and D*Gs... and
MAYBE a full sized Black Panther on the prowl -- Oh my!!!

Timari's Black Mystique ("Misty") House of Ruskin / Mistress of the
Night
Old September 24th 12, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

Weh dun't wike spooky pwases,Pi2nya . Owr sekritary gitz skard vury
eezily n hur gitz bad dreemz lotz But dis pwace, Cat Valley, soundz
gud. R dem ghosts bad ghosts or gud ghosts?

Mosey fur hiz Hous

Oh, all ze ghosts at Der Schloss der Alten Katzen are friendly. Zat is
why ze villagers are so considerate of ze interests of ze ghosts. Some of
zem are mine furry good friends!

Countess Persia

Umkey, Countess Persia, dat saowndz wike fun den. yeUP.
Ai fink owr bitties Tygur n Mayzy wud wike e der n hab funt.
Wat du yu fink, MeOwy, mai bootiful wink? Hmmm?
Maibee Ranger wyl axs Pipps tu go wif himself.
Hur iz hoaping.

Mosey
Old September 24th 12, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Hihi, Misty. A few postz up, yoo will see dat I offered to be da Mistress of
Serrymoneez agin.

Also, I duznt rememfur heerin abowt dis 3 dayz uv medditashunz. Whare did
yoo heer dat?

Rebecca

Old September 25th 12, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Sep 24, 6:38*am, "Rebecca" wrote:
Hihi, Misty. A few postz up, yoo will see dat I offered to be da Mistress of
Serrymoneez agin.

Also, I duznt rememfur heerin abowt dis 3 dayz uv medditashunz. Whare did
yoo heer dat?

Rebecca

Dear Rebecca. While I was trying to understand my jean-ee-ol-oh-gee I
found some papers left behind by my great, great, great grand dam
Bonnie the Black Panther which gives the History of the Jellicle
Ball While I had remembered -- read?? --"3 days of meditation" here
is the quote from the "History": "...The Dawn should be breaking
about this time, and as the various cats leave through the portals
between the screens, we can then reflect on the meaning of the
Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To Love One Another, so
a New Day
can begin." I am not sure if it is 3 Days of meditation -- maybe 3
days were suggested at one time -- but it *this* House 3 Days of
Meditation and reflection following the Jellicle Ball are observed.
truly miss my twin brother Phantom who died 3 years ago. I imagine him
along with my great, great, great grand Dam Bonnie the Black Panther
and my great, great, great, great Aunt Gypsy waiting for me over the
Bridge.... or maybe they have come back to a NEW and better Jellicle
Life.

Below is the History of the 1st Jellicle Ball. Bonnie and her Wink-
Wink Galaxy -- he was a totally WHITE CAT -- in his WHITE fur coat
must have made quite a sight. Sometimes I wish I had a wink-wink as
handsome as Galaxy must have been SIGH!!! Still I am truly a niece of
my Aunt Bonnie as I in-her-it-ted all her Powers of the Night that
passes down through the FEMALE lines, as I have read in my family
jean-ee-ol-oh-gee. Most of the males turned out to be models; most
of the females exhibited some type of power, which included powers
over or understanding dreaming, "kitchen cats", shape shifters, etc.
etc.; but sometimes it skipped a generation or two. My twin brother
was a be-u-ti-ful cat but was rather unremarkable, I never understood
WHY I could do somethings he could never do until I found the notes
and jean-ee-ol-oh-gee . Any rate here is the History of the 1st
Jellicle Ball:

The History of the 1st Jellicle Ball

Part 1

"The theme for the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball is: The
Transcendental
Power of Love.

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But *-- as we
know since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of
protracted mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is
more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.S. Eliot's works about CATS:
We gather once a year to select the cat that can come back to a new
Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that transcends both time and
space, and we will all reunite at the Rainbow Bridge. In recognition
that there are so many kittens and cats deserving of a new Jellicle
Life this year we pay honor to all who have gone before; to celebrate
their lives in story, song, and memories. "

Bonnie, The Black Panther

Part 2

"The area for the Ball will cover a circular area approximately the
size
of Yankee Stadium. In the center will be a computer center with globe
projector and split beam prisms. Around the puuurrrrrimeter will be
100
"ft." tall projection screens with spaces in between. These spaces
will
be exits and entrances for the various participants. These exists and
entrances must be secured from D*GS. While I do not advocate the use
of razor wire, if that is what is necessary to provide security do it.
The
purrrson that has volunteered for this has a big task on his paws.
A various places around the purrrrrimeter there will be stages of
different types. The main stage will hold the band where music will
be
played; 180 degrees away will be a circular stage for story tellers.
Here
many of our brave tales can be told again so that they may be re-told
for
generations to come. Cats who forget their past, as we all know, have
no
future."

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Co- Host of the 1st RPC Annual Jellicle
Ball

Part 3

"As the Full Moon starts to rise, and the stars come out to shine,
one
name at a time will be projected onto a huge main projection screen
which is to be adjacent to the band. Spike, our original MC for this
Ball will be the first name to be shown, out of respect. The format
will be this:

"The Cat's [or kitten's] name, and the name of the house they
protected.
Ex. Gypsy, House of Ruskin. No other titles will be used -- on this
night
all cats are to be considered of equal rank. All cats will be treated
in
this manner. In the event the Cat or Kitten belonged to no home, it
will
be the Cat or Kitten's name, House of Bastet. The MC will rule over
the
Ball. We still do not have any submissions for the MC, therefore I am
appointing Christofur, esq, executor for Spike to 1) Find someone who
will serve in the role. The is a very HIGH HONOR. The cat selected
should be our oldest inhabitant -- in the event that no nominations
are put forth, by default Christofur, esq will be the MC."

Bonnie, The Black Panther Co-Host of the 1st Annual Jellicle Ball

Part 4

"The MC for the ball will rule over the Ball [which will be Christofur
by
default if no other cat can be found]. The next to last song will be
Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball [Sir Galaxy and myself, or
Sir Galaxy and my stand-in, the lovely Ebony, The Black Panther
(though if I can not make it I will be there in spirit as I watch the
Moon sail
overhead)] will have the whole floor unto themselves for the first
few
measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join them. At
the
end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving of a New
Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam splitters
fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround the
puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be shown
one final time en mass. They will remain projected for 30 seconds
before the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage, first
rather slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one
indistinct blurr where upon they will start to rise towards the curved
in peaks of the projection screens -- up past the Russel Hotel, up
into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names will meet in a final blast
of light, and the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks
fade the Band will begin to play a melody of "The Power of Love" and
"Everybody Wants to be a Cat".
The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on
the meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To
Love One Another, so a New Day can begin."

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball
Old September 25th 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message

[...]

Rebecca, OK if you volunteered I'll second you for Mistress of
Ceremonies. Has the committee decided where on Cat Island this
"Monster Mash" is going to happen?!? If they choose one of the
Countess' Castles she should then be the Host of the Ball -- after all
it is her family's castle. Has anycat heard from Bast's High Priestess
yet?!? On Rebecca this Jellicle Ball should be FUN!!!

Misty