What weird things does your cat eat?

Old August 27th 12, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default What weird things does your cat eat?

Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She
does beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill
Old August 27th 12, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 8/27/2012 9:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She
does beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill

We all know Weeble likes apples

Smokey (RB) was the queen of thieves around here - she once stole 1/2
the meat off an Arby's sandwich that was left untended, and stole an
entire McDonald's chicken McNugget...

Moe begs for any kind of meat, both while we are cooking it and while we
are eating it. It started with chicken - so we started calling her out
little 'chicken hawk' like from the Warner Brother's cartoons (the
little hawkling that bugs Foghorn Leghorn in so many episodes) -
Ooooooooooooo I googled them and the little hawk's name was Henery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henery_Hawk (brings back many memories of
Saturday morning, with my brother, eating breakfast in front of the TV)

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 27th 12, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Monday, August 27, 2012 6:05:27 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious, sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

Sarsi loves brussels sprouts preferably steamed or boiled but we don't let her have them too often as the resulting emissions are lethal

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 27th 12, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

Before Buster went walkabout, his very favorite food in the world was
picante sauce - the spicier, the better.

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old August 27th 12, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She does
beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill

Lindy (RB) used to love raw hamburger. Whenever I cooked hamburger, I had
to give her little pieces of it. Several RB cats have been crazy about corn
on the cob.

My current two aren't interested in people food, although Pickles does like
the juice I drain off tuna packed in water.

Many years ago I had a cat that liked mushrooms.

Joy

Old August 27th 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She
does beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill

Kotyo goes crazy for cucumber peels. He likes the cucumber itself as
well, but the peel is his favourite. I think given the choice between
tuna and cucumber peel, he'd pick the peel. He used to love chips (both
potato and tortilla), but can't have any because they are too salty and
make his cystitis flare up. Same with roasted and shelled sunflower
seeds. He also likes roasted corn and peas, uncooked pasta. Oh, and
watermelon and honeydew melon. And cheese of course. He once stole a
giant chunk of feta cheese from the kitchen counter right in front of my
eyes. I guess I should say that he took it, not stole it, because he
didn't sneak around or anything. I walked into the kitchen and he was
standing on the counter with this chunk of feta cheese in his mouth. It
was twice as long as his head and was sticking out on both sides of his
mouth. He gave me a look that said "What are you looking at? I am
perfectly entitled to that cheese, lowly human.", and then he just
jumped off the counter and sauntered off with his prey to eat it
somewhere in private.

Sweety is much more picky. She sometimes won't even eat cat food. She
goes crazy for her hairball remedy though. As soon as I take out the
tube, she runs up to me and puts her front paws on my knee, and tries to
bite the tube before I've even had a chance to open it :-) She likes
cream cheese too. Once I was sitting on my bed with a piece of bread
with cream cheese spread on it. As usual, both Kotyo and Sweety were on
the bed begging for a taste. So I put the slice of bread down on my
plate, put some cream cheese on my finger and gave it to Sweety. Then I
took some more cheese and gave it to Kotyo. While I was giving Kotyo his
share, Sweety darted at the plate and took a huge bite right out of my
slice of bread and cream cheese. She left the impression of her teeth in
it and everything. And then she pretended that nothing had happened and
asked for another taste of cream cheese...

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old August 28th 12, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/27/2012 11:19 AM, Lesley wrote:
On Monday, August 27, 2012 6:05:27 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious, sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

Sarsi loves brussels sprouts preferably steamed or boiled but we don't let her have them too often as the resulting emissions are lethal

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lethal Emissions! Sounds like a new Mel Gibson movie

Jill
Old August 28th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Whitfield

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:05:27 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She
does beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill

Rambo must have a salad with his meals.
When I would put his food down, he would go to the grass container and
eat a bit of grass prior to eating the wet food. Now, I put a small
amount of shredded lettuce in a dish beside his his wet food and he
chows down.
Old August 29th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!

I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She does
beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.

How about your cats?

Jill

KFC loved brussels sprouts and potatoes and carrots, anything that would
keep her alive before I adopted her, when the neighbours fed her, plus
gravy which was a bonus. She would eat anything offered.
Boyfie didn't have to go through quite this process.

Old August 30th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Okay, we all know cats are a little strange. John's cat, Precious,
sneaked up and stole a Brussels sprout off his dinner plate!
I don't know if Persia would be interested in Brussels sprouts. She does
beg for chips/crisps or crackers if I'm snacking. She once stole a
hamburger patty right off the bun. And cheese... oh, she likes cheese.
How about your cats?

Years ago, we had some guest around for coffee. We had some torrone
(Italian nougat-like sweet) from the deli over the road. So we cut it
up and everyone got a bit. One guest put hers down on a plate on the
floor under her chair. Suddenly our Zeke shot across the room, grabbed
the torrone and vanished into the next room with it like a black furry
rocket.

It turned up six months later underneath the piano, with only a few
pointy little toothmarks in it.

Two weird things Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 3 October 14th 07 11:56 PM
Things to do... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 September 4th 07 02:00 PM
A few things Cheryl Cat anecdotes 22 May 16th 04 10:22 PM
I need to know some things Mike Cat health & behaviour 9 November 11th 03 08:36 AM