I was going to upload a photo to Flickr

Old September 4th 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I was going to upload a photo to Flickr

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

But I can't. Two weeks ago I uploaded Serif Photoplus as a replacement
for
Photoshop which I lost when my last computer crashed. Despite my pleas to
Photoshop and providing my code they would not let me download it again
and
it is horribly expensive to buy.
I also half uploaded Microsoft Office until it said Outlook Express would
be
gone if I continued, so I backed out.

Now I cannot email photos (computer says I do not have a profile) and
after
getting Serif I cannot send them to Flickr either.

Anyone know what to do? should I uninstall both?

You nearly got KFC looking into the chicken bucket, which I've promised
Tak
for ages. But I can't do it.
I can bring up the photo but cannot post or email it.

Tweed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked up some information on Serif Photoplus. It appears that one
problem with the program is that it does not have a feature that would
allow
you to upload to Flickr (or any other photo site). However, as William
Hamblen wrote, you could locate the folder where your photos are stored,
then upload directly from Flickr itself instead of from Serif.

MaryL

It's not letting me do that, I wasn't trying to upload it from Serif but
from the original location. Flickr says it cannot find it.

Tweed

Old September 5th 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 19:25:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

You shouldn't need a program like Photoshop to upload to Flickr. Flickr is
a web photo sharing service. I don't use it, but I'm sure they must allow
uploading photos via web browser, if you go to their web site and log in.

Photoshop on the other hand, is a beast - among the most complex desktop
software I've used, and something I gladly leave to graphics professionals
and serious amateurs. It might have had some functionality that let you
upload images more easily, but it shouldn't be a prereqisite to share
photos.

I only want it to crop the background out.
All the photos I have in "My Pictures" if I click on them computer says
"they cannot be found"
This never happened before I installed Serif.
There must be a reason but I know not what it is. Installing something
similar to Photoshop should not deny access to my own photos on my computer,
but it seems to have done.

I might uninstall it.

Old September 6th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

m...
On 2012-09-03, Christina Websell
wrote:

But I can't.

Yes, you can. You do need to be able to find the .JPG file on your
own computer. Sign in to Flickr. On your Flickr web page is the word
"upload". Left-click on "upload". On the next page that appears click
on "choose photos and videos to upload". Use the window that opens to
locate the .JPG file on your computer. Click the "open" button in the
lower right hand corner of that window after you have selected the file.
The window will close and you will see a web page with your photo in it.
Click on "Upload 1 Photo" and be patient while those bits fly back
and forth. If you want to upload more than 1 phto at a time Flikr has
an app for that.

Bud

The problem seems to be that although I can find the pic I want in "my
photos" by its name, once I have to choose where the pic is when I get to
Flickr it says it cannot find it.

Tweed

I usually copy the photos I want to upload to my desktop so I'll know
where they are. Flickr seems to have no trouble finding my desktop.
When I have finished uploading I clean up my desktop.

Bud
Bud

Pics of the Berlin gang on flickr Bettina Cat anecdotes 12 December 9th 07 11:22 PM
Sorry, no photo jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 July 7th 07 03:57 PM
First video upload Adrian A Cat anecdotes 10 June 13th 07 02:40 AM
You HAVE to see this photo or you won't believe me... Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 11 March 5th 07 01:53 AM
We Met Photo - trying the first photo again Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 24 June 28th 04 12:21 AM