Odor problem - Help!

Old June 2nd 14, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Odor problem - Help!

On 6/1/2014 9:24 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2014 16:08:29 -0700, Joy wrote:
Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the
way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.
Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,
and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions
to get rid of the odor?

Poor Waffles! I hope that he'll recover a bit and be able to eat more. It's
always worrying when they don't eat much.

Thank you. Yes, it is.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old June 2nd 14, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/1/2014 2:42 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Joy wrote:
Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the
way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.
Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's
Miracle, and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other
solutions to get rid of the odor?

Joy

I had that happen when I was taking an unaltered male cat to the vet for
neutering. I found that repeated drenching of the upholstery with
Nature's Miracle did (finally) work, but it took a while. I've since
discovered something called "Stream Clean" which worked beautifully on a
blood-stained carpet. It advertises itself as a "stain and odor
eliminator", but I've not had a need for the odor-removing feature since
I found it. (It is rather expensive, but it certainly did a great job
on my carpet.)

Thank you.

Joy

Old June 2nd 14, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/1/2014 4:53 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:08:29 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the

way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.

Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,

and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions

to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Purrs for Waffles, and for you. I have heard of a product called F.O.N (Feline Odor Remover) that is supposed to be one of the best to get rid of the smell. With any of them, you have to saturate the area with the solution to make sure you get it all.

What type of cancer does he have?

Thank you. I used to use F.O.N. in the past, and loved it. I haven't
been able to find it for quite some time. Then somebody told me about
Nature's Miracle, and I've used it ever since. It worked fine until now.

He has lymphoma, with several nodes in his intestines and one in one of
his kidneys. The vet says there's something like a 68% chance that the
chemo (two pills a week) will put him into remission for as much as 20
months. In the meantime I'm just trying to keep him comfortable and
happy. He has enough energy that I have to chase him all over the house
to give him his meds (He also gets Prednisone twice a day), but he comes
up in my lap soon afterward, so I guess I'm forgiven.

Joy

Old June 2nd 14, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 8:18:45 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the

way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.

Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,

and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions

to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three

doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Have you tried giving him meat baby food? When my Cy had lymphoma, he didn't want to eat the cat food, but I did get him to eat ham and chicken baby food.
Old June 2nd 14, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/1/2014 8:18 PM, Joy wrote:
On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the
way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.
Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,
and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions
to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three
doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

Has the vet suggested appetite stimulants?

Jill
Old June 2nd 14, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the

way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.

Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,

and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions

to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three

doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Have you tried giving him meat baby food? When my Cy had lymphoma, he didn't want to eat the cat food, but I did get him to eat ham and chicken baby food.

I haven't tried the ham. I've tried chicken and turkey. He ate some of
the turkey before he decided he wouldn't eat it any more, and a very
tiny bit of the chicken once or twice. I give small amounts at a time,
several times a day, but most of it doesn't get eaten.

Joy

Old June 2nd 14, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the

way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.

Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,

and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions

to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three

doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Have you tried giving him meat baby food? When my Cy had lymphoma, he didn't want to eat the cat food, but I did get him to eat ham and chicken baby food.

Oops! I forgot to thank you for the suggestion.

Joy

Old June 2nd 14, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message ...

On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the
way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.
Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,
and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions
to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three
doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

--
The most effective thing I have found to motivate my furbabies to eat when
they were sick is to simmer some chicken (with bones and skin) for a very

Good luck with this. I know how painful it is to see one of our beloved
cats when they are sick or in pain.

MaryL

Old June 2nd 14, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/1/2014 8:51 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

On 6/1/2014 5:27 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message ...

Waffles is very ill. He has cancer and is eating very little. On the
way home from the vet, he peed in his cat carrier, which is fabric.
Some of it went on the car seat. I've tried water and Nature's Miracle,
and can't get rid of the stench. Does anybody have any other solutions
to get rid of the odor?

Joy

Thank you, both for the sympathy and the tips.

He seems to be reasonably comfortable, and his white count after three
doses of chemo was good. I just wish he'd eat more.

Joy

Thank you.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Odor Control - activated carbon totally removes odor [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 December 30th 05 01:22 AM
Odor Control - activated carbon totally removes odor [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 December 29th 05 08:46 PM
an odor problem [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 6 November 1st 05 05:14 AM
odor Girl Jamie Cat health & behaviour 7 August 9th 05 09:46 PM
Cat's Ear Odor !! Master Ken Cat health & behaviour 4 April 8th 04 04:38 AM