A birthday party!

Old May 29th 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A birthday party!

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[A large, grinning labrador/Ridgeback cross walks up to Iowna.]

I sure hope that you feel ok to hang around wif us for a while
longer! We'z hardly getted a chance to meet. I'z Starr. Da kitties in
mineown howse usually avoid me cuz I'z kind of clumsy and I soemtimes
forget what my tail is doing and it waps da kitties.

It sounds like you'z got a house wif lots and lots of love.

Starr da Dog

Iowna perks up and smiles at Starr. "Thank you dear one. I am simply
giving advance notice so it is not too shocking that the end draws near
for me. I am after all, older than most of the kittahs here. When you
put it in human to doggie years, I am 112 as of 2Jul2018. If I make it
to 2JUL2019, I would be 119 in human years.

I am content. I have had a very WONDERFUL life of love and adventure
from my days as a champion agility dog to my later years you all have
seen when Carol-meowmie adopted me when I was human years 77 and gave
me unconditional love. Unlike so many, I have never known cruelty or
want. That is very unusual and especially for doggies that go blind
and lose their first home because they were working dogs who couldn't
be kept.

I have something Cash didn't have time to pass to you but asked me to.
It should have waited for the ball, but I do not think I will make the
next ball. Iowna reaches into a bag at her waist and pulls out a
slightly faded but once hot pink wide scrunchy just right to be perfect
on a tail. A tiny bell hangs on the end.

Perhaps, you can wear this to the ball, in memory of Cash and to warn
the kittahs?

Iowna
Old May 29th 19, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Hi, Rocky! Yes, I sure do rememfur you - fangs fur coming!

My humans moved us from Chicatgo to Kansas City a few months ago.
We'z just getting used to dis new place.

I fink efurryone here is comfortable around raccoons. You might not
have noticed Tony and Tina over dere - dey are a couple of da
raccoons dat live in dis neighborhood.

And I fang you fur keeping the FluffyKitz warehouse in order and
stocked up. We'z been kind of quiet lately, but I would like to get
us busy again. I think dat if one or two younger kitties wanted to
get involved, we might be able to develop more of a presence in da
Community - like it used to me.

Why don't you sit here? Dis lovely lady cat is Daisy-chan. Daisy, dis
is Rocky.

HiHi Rocky! I'z not met many racoons befurr. She cocks her head the
side and remembers meowmie adding a small pouch to her bag and checks
it. Smiling, she offers him a few pistacios and some rasiens and a few
itty bitty dried niboshi (1 inch long dried fishies).

Old May 30th 19, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 5:25:43 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

....Tuxie cat joins them...
Hihi Daisy an Rocky, I'ym Pit2nya. I hav neffur had niboshi ... may I try wun?
Meowmie iz tryin me on different kindz ov fuud, kuz I yam bored wiff da twu brandz dat Costco carriez.

P2nya AKA Sweetee

Old May 30th 19, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Fangu, Iowna! I would be honored to wear this scrunchy at the next Jellicle Ball. I will wear it in remembrance of Cash and of you, too.

You have reached a furry good age. I'z just in mine 70s in doggie years, an I haf had a good life too. We'z both been furry lucky. When I was really young I lived on the street fur a while, but I don't really remember that. I have had the adventure of moving from Iowa to Illinois, then from Illinois to Missouri. Life has been very nice.

I am very glad that you have had such a wonderful life. Far too many dooggies never get to experience that.

Starr da Dogg
Old May 31st 19, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Daisy-chan reaches into her pouch and adds 1/2 cup or so of niboshi to
the table.

"They are little fishies and taste like lovely little crunchie bits!
Have several!"
Old June 4th 19, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Old June 5th 19, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Daisy hears something. Her eyes go wide and she dumps the pounch in a
bowl and runs for the cataporter....
Old June 5th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Is everyfing ok, Miz Daisy-chan? Is there anything we can do to help?

worried Sammy
Old June 5th 19, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:15:42 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Is everyfing ok, Miz Daisy-chan? Is there anything we can do to help?

worried Sammy

OMBast!Whatz haappinin??? Kin I hewlp???

Worried P2nya
Old June 8th 19, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[Sammy sneaks a taste, as do Francesca and Sarge.]

Oh, deze are good!

Daisy hears something. Her eyes go wide and she dumps the pouch in a
bowl and runs for the cataporter....

Daisy-chan comes back to explain, but sees it was explained. Her tail
is dragging. She was trying to be strong when she lost Cash 2 months
ago and now Iowna. She sees Starr da Dogg on a cushion and jumps in
then pulls her collar down so she is laying in a circle. Daisy takes
the center and settles in for a nap, and if the dog is not the same, it
allows her to rest for a bit.

The Man With No Party Française mangeur de viande de cheval Cat anecdotes 0 February 13th 14 04:04 PM
A party? Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 4 September 19th 07 10:14 PM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM