Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Old April 3rd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Poor Enid and Shylock, too! Many purrs from us for her recovery!
Christine
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,

x-rayed
and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe ingested
some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese do
sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him

just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I

don't
want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a

similar
way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Old April 4th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for all of you are on the way.

Joy

Old April 4th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum #50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him
to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I
don't want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a
similar way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Oh, poor Enid. And poor Shylock. He's had her less than a year hasn't
he? Hope she is back safe and sound ASAP.

Jo

Yes, he's only had her since last year around Julyish, he lost his mate Honk
the day before I went in hospital in May and we had to wait a while until I
was up to looking after them again to get him a new wife.
The trouble with geese is that they don't show signs of illness until they
are almost dying, and I'm not holding out much hope for Enid and neither
does the vet. We'll have to see how it goes. Please keep purring for her.
She is a real sweetie.
Shylock was looking for her when I put him in his hut tonight as they
usually go in it together. By tomorrow when he fully realises she isn't
there he will start shouting his head off. :-(

Tweed

Old April 4th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese
do sometimes like to nibble soil.

I hope that Enid pulls through okay. Purrs from my boys to her.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 4th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated,
x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe
ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as
geese do sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum #50. Now if I was sensible I
would say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and
tell him to just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her
[...]

That's very sad Chris. Purrs for Enid and Shylock

Old April 4th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 00:32:17 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

I'm afraid I've got a late start, but we're sending purrs for Enid.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 4th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:

She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a similar
way to us, apparently.

That's so worrying and sad, Tweed. And after so short a time
together. We'll hope and purr for Enid to return to her mate.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi
Old April 4th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a similar
way to us, apparently.

Many purrs on the way for Enid.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 4th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be re-hydrated, x-rayed
and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible that she's maybe ingested
some metal, like a nail or staple from the soil (earth) as geese do
sometimes like to nibble soil.

It's going to cost megabucks, minimum £50. Now if I was sensible I would
say "hey, I can buy another goose for much less than that!" and tell him to
just put her down. I can't though because Shylock loves her now and I don't
want him to be bereaved again.
She is very, very ill, please purr for her recovery for Shylock's sake as
geese are very attached to their spouses and suffer bereavement in a similar
way to us, apparently.

Tweed

Mega-purrs on the way for Enid.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 4th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote
Aww, that sucks! Poor Shylock, I don't want him to lose another wife!
Many
purrs coming right up!
--
Britta

Piggybacking here (sorry, lost original message) but loadsapurrs, Shiba
Inu yips
and hoomin best wishes coming from here too, Tweed.

Cheers
Gordon & the FF