Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Old April 4th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

Christina Websell wrote:
Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as we
speak.

Purrs for Enid to be back with Shylock soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 4th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Shylock's new wife Enid is very ill and is in hospital at the vets as
we speak. She seems unable to eat or drink. and has to be
re-hydrated, x-rayed and blood-tested. The vet thinks it's possible
that she's maybe ingested some metal, like a nail or staple from the
soil (earth) as geese do sometimes like to nibble soil.

Purrs on the way for healing purrs for Enid. Birds (not just geese) do
indeed grieve for their mates.

Jill

Old April 4th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE: Purrs for my goose Enid desperately needed

I heard from the vet's surgery this evening that Enid is still with us which
is better than I thought as I wasn't very hopeful yesterday.

She's is on a drip which has re-hydrated her and she is now a bit brighter,
apparently, and has had antibiotics. She's had "a little walk around" and
has actually managed to drink for herself which she was too weak to do
yesterday. She has not eaten yet, although she has "played around" with
some food.
Her bloodwork has been done and sent away to a lab, and she was x-rayed
today but I shan't know the result until tomorrow as the vet that is looking
after her wasn't working this afternoon.

So, she has improved a little, enough to drink properly, your purrs must
have kept her alive as I was expecting a phone call to say she'd died
overnight.
I shan't know her prognosis until the results of the bloodwork and x-ray
come back. The big question is "Why has she suddenly not been able to eat
and drink and can anything be done about it?"
Maybe she got a bacterial infection somehow, if so the antibiotics should
sort her out now she's improving.
Why do I always feel it's my fault if my animals/birds get ill? Enid is
kept in exactly the same way as Shylock & his first wife, Honk - and she
lived to be 21.
Please continue to purr for Enid. She was so weak when I picked her up to
take her to TED yesterday that she couldn't cope with the trauma of me
catching her, and fainted. I thought she was dead and I'd killed her by
picking her up. She is very shy with me, still.
She's not out of the woods yet as it all depends on what the underlying
problem is.
Thanks for your purrs and prayers.

Tweed & Shylock

Tweed

Old April 4th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

I heard from the vet's surgery this evening that Enid is still with us which
is better than I thought as I wasn't very hopeful yesterday.

snipped

She's not out of the woods yet as it all depends on what the underlying
problem is.
Thanks for your purrs and prayers.

Tweed & Shylock////

Many purrs for a rapid recovery for Enid and purrs for Shylock that he
has his loved one back soon.

Helen M

Old April 4th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
I heard from the vet's surgery this evening that Enid is still with
us which is better than I thought as I wasn't very hopeful yesterday.

snip

If she 's still with us there's still hope. Reving up the purr motors, if
the power of the purr can help you, surley it can help Enid as well. How's
Shylock doing?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 4th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Continuing to pray and purr for sweet Enid. Didn't realize geese are so
sensitive. Seems a lot of birds mate for life?
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 4th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Its still pouring rain here, we even lit the fire. So round the fire purrs
will be directed to Enid.

I'm really a little surprised some birds live so long, since it is so hard
to treat anything internal that might go wrong with them.

Jo

Old April 4th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Purrs continuing but it IS good to hear of even a little improvement.

I shan't know her prognosis until the results of the bloodwork and x-ray
come back. The big question is "Why has she suddenly not been able to eat
and drink and can anything be done about it?"
Maybe she got a bacterial infection somehow, if so the antibiotics should
sort her out now she's improving.
Why do I always feel it's my fault if my animals/birds get ill?

I do it too. I don't know. We are mothering them I guess and think we should
be able to prevent anything. Or else we are control freaks. Not sure which
eg

Enid is
kept in exactly the same way as Shylock & his first wife, Honk - and she
lived to be 21.
Please continue to purr for Enid. She was so weak when I picked her up to
take her to TED yesterday that she couldn't cope with the trauma of me
catching her, and fainted. I thought she was dead and I'd killed her by
picking her up.

OH DEAR!! How scary Poor Enid.

She is very shy with me, still.
She's not out of the woods yet as it all depends on what the underlying
problem is.
Thanks for your purrs and prayers.

Tweed & Shylock

(((((((((((((((((((PUUUURRRRRRRRR))))))))))))))))) )))))

Tweed

Old April 4th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
I heard from the vet's surgery this evening that Enid is still with
us which is better than I thought as I wasn't very hopeful yesterday.

snip

How's
Shylock doing?

Shouting all day :-( and bereft.
My neighbours are very good fortunately and never complain at my crowing
cockerels and it's unlikely that Shylock's screeching will be a problem
either as I tolerate their screaming youngster who sometimes keeps me awake
in the night as their house is attached to mine.

Tweed