Purrs all around

Old April 4th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs all around

Seems like there are many out there in need of purrs. So, here's to all
those in need, both public and private (we know you're out there!).

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 4th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Seems like there are many out there in need of purrs. So, here's to all
those in need, both public and private (we know you're out there!).

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My "Purrs all around" post appears in my newsreader under a post you made
with the exact same subject field, but mine was not a reply to your post, I
didn't even see your post when I sent mine, yet it appears in the same
thread, without the "" in front as replies normally have.

I'm thinking it's odd that we chose the same exact phrase to put in the
subject field and then the newsreader put them both in one thread.

Old April 4th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Seems like there are many out there in need of purrs. So, here's to
all those in need, both public and private (we know you're out
there!).

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My "Purrs all around" post appears in my newsreader under a post you
made with the exact same subject field, but mine was not a reply to
your post, I didn't even see your post when I sent mine, yet it
appears in the same thread, without the "" in front as replies
normally have.

I'm thinking it's odd that we chose the same exact phrase to put in
the subject field and then the newsreader put them both in one thread.

Maybe you're both being directed by the mothership.

Old April 4th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-04, Pat penned:

My "Purrs all around" post appears in my newsreader under a post you
made with the exact same subject field, but mine was not a reply to
your post, I didn't even see your post when I sent mine, yet it
appears in the same thread, without the "" in front as replies
normally have.

I'm thinking it's odd that we chose the same exact phrase to put in
the subject field and then the newsreader put them both in one
thread.

Not that odd. There are two ways to thread messages. One is to use
the "References" header. That's the most reliable and effective way.
Whenever you follow up to someone's post, your news client
automatically includes a "References" header that tells everyone's
client what other messages are related to yours. If you look at this
post and enable "show headers" in your news reader, you will see the
references header. Each entry represents a message in the thread and
is a unique identifier for that message.

THe other way is more ... approximate. It is probably a setting. It
looks at subjects and, if they're the same, assumes that they're
probably part of the same discussion, just somehow the data got lost.
This can be helpful if, say, someone has a habit of creating an entirely
new message rather than using the followup command.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 5th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

Seems like there are many out there in need of purrs. So, here's to all
those in need, both public and private (we know you're out there!).

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lots and lots of purrs for everyone needing them,
Polonca and Soncek

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM