Checking in

Old July 30th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Checking in

I'm sorry I'm still being as indecisive as a cat, but there it is.

Thank you (and I'd give you a kiss if you were here)
{{{{{{{{{{{{Adrian}}}}}}}}}}}} for remembering my birthday, and thank
you to all who responded.

I send purrs and prayers and share laughter and smiles where they are
appropriate.

My depression has deepened to a point where it is hard to function. And
I am *on* antidepressants. My old doctor graduated, so I guess I should
see what the new one says.

I managed the last week of June to somehow break and/or sprain my left
ankle. Badly, of course. They put me on Dilaudid, and with all my
other meds, about all I could do was sleep until I stopped taking it.
The ER docs said there was a piece of bone floating around my ankle, so
it was a fracture; the P.A. at the orthopedics clinic said (without
looking at it) it was a very bad fracture. Wish they'd make up their minds!

Before that, I managed to fall and mess up my rotator cuff. So I'm now
in physical therapy for two things at once. Found a "wheelie" walker
for $8 at Goodwill; helps me to not fall down.

Friday I applied for SSI and was promptly told I wasn't eligible.
Richard's 1/2 paycheck is about $50 over their limit. So I was turned
down immediately after waiting since filing in January to hear from them.

My landlord has turned out to be an ass, which is just what I need. He
has ordered the mowers not to mow my half of the yard at *all*. Not
just the garden, but everything. I am so sick of people like this I
could scream.

My gas will probably get shut off soon; my vet's slightly irritated at
my bill; I'm on a 30-day medical for the electric; I'm two months behind
on my rent, and I am ready to throw myself in front of a bus. No, wait
a minute -- that's Richard's line whenever I talk to him. Every
conversation lately ends with "I'm gonna throw myself in front of a bus
and you can get the insurance money which is all you really want
anyway." His own mother told me not to call him if he's going to be
that way. So I won't.

I have an excuse for my bad memory now: I got diagnosed today with
fibromyalgia. Always knew I had it; just never had the doctor finally
say so.

So I'm hopping around on one foot, trying not to overuse one shoulder,
hurting from head to toe, and trying to feed 11 cats. Yes, I said 11.
She is NOT NOT NOT staying. She is lost, and I am going to find her
home or get her to a shelter. She's a calico, with the attitude to
match. Gorgeous green eyes and a very weird meow. She's stuck in R's
old room for now, which is hot, but I can't afford to get her checked
out at the vet.

Most days, I do feel suicidal. But the cats need me, so I keep trying
to hack away at whatever help I can get, whatever I can do, to get
things moving.

I felt so bad I gave myself a birthday party on the 12th. Seven people
came. It was a cookout. It rained the entire time.

My MiL and a friend of her son's were helping me with groceries last
week. Two of the cats (ShadowCat and Internet) managed to bolt out the
door. I, in my condition, managed somehow to jump off the porch and
grab enough of each of them to get them back inside.

Sorry guys for crying on your shoulders. I wish I could say things are
turning around and going great, but that hasn't happened -- yet. I keep
hoping.

That's the news from here, or at least some of it (I don't have the
patience to read long posts anymore, either -- lol). Hope you are all
well, and I will try to check in more often between my disasters.

Love,

Ginger-lyn

e-mail: glsummer AT moonsummmer DOT com
Old July 30th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=`[_2_] is offline
Banned

Purrs lovingly going out to you Ginger-lyn for all the horrible crap you're
going through, be well, try and laugh at ONE thing each day and everything
will work out.
Bless your sweet heart. I feel so bad for what you're going through
(((((((Ginger-lyn)))))
Kyla

"Ginger-lyn" I'm sorry I'm still being as indecisive as a cat, but there

Old July 30th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I'm sorry I'm still being as indecisive as a cat, but there it is.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-Lyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 30th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

ginger happy belated birthday mine is Saturday

You are always in my prayers

If depression has got that bad it maybe caused by the antidepressants
themselves. Please call your doctor I was on one and I started feeling
suicidal

news

Old July 30th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

((((((((((Ginger-lyn)))))))))))
--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

news

Old July 30th 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Hugs and purrs to you Ginger-Lynn- you're living proof that bad things happen
to the nicest people!

I hope something gets sorted in your favour soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 30th 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
That's the news from here, or at least some of it (I don't have the
patience to read long posts anymore, either -- lol). Hope you are all
well, and I will try to check in more often between my disasters.

Love,

Ginger-lyn

e-mail: glsummer AT moonsummmer DOT com

I'm very sorry to hear of your continuing troubles. Purrs for things to
turn around.

BTW, I'd appeal the decision for SSDI if I were you, ASAP. My lazy nephew
qualified nearly 3 years after an accident that occurred in a totally
different state. I've seen him, there's not a thing to prevent him from
working but his own lazy ass. So fight it, GL!

Jill

Old July 30th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jul 30, 6:41�am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:
That's the news from here, or at least some of it (I don't have the
patience to read long posts anymore, either -- lol). �Hope you are all
well, and I will try to check in more often between my disasters.

Love,

Ginger-lyn

e-mail: �glsummer AT moonsummmer DOT com

I'm very sorry to hear of your continuing troubles. �Purrs for things to
turn around.

BTW, I'd appeal the decision for SSDI if I were you, ASAP. �My lazy nephew
qualified nearly 3 years after an accident that occurred in a totally
different state. �I've seen him, there's not a thing to prevent him from
working but his own lazy ass. �So fight it, GL!

Jill

Jills correct a lot of denials are overturned on appeal They expect
you to give up. I've also known people who kept appealing denials
until they were approved.
Suz&Spicey
Old July 30th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alisont via CatKB.com

From what I hear it's pretty much SOP to deny the first claim.

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Old July 30th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

alisont via CatKB.com u11078@uwe wrote:
From what I hear it's pretty much SOP to deny the first claim.

Agreed, and the reasons they give are specious. $50 a month isn't enough
these days to tide anyone over who has major health issues to contend with.

Jill

Checking In CatNipped Cat anecdotes 34 July 3rd 06 10:00 PM
Just Checking Adrian Cat anecdotes 1 October 18th 05 08:23 PM
Checking in... M Elizabeth Cat anecdotes 18 September 19th 05 04:55 AM
Checking in... Cwazy Zachy :) Cat health & behaviour 0 September 14th 05 07:16 PM
Just checking Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 20 June 17th 04 03:03 PM