Hunters extraordinaire!

Old August 5th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default Hunters extraordinaire!

Mishi wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living
room carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the
tail. Ick. I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very
relieved our crew had the good sense to not try to eat it.

And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

kili

My guys had a big surprise this am - I took out the bag of catfood
from it's cupboard, and was pouring into their dishes, when a mouse
fell out of the bag! I don't know who was the most surprised, me, the
cats or the mouse! The mouse laid on the floor for a few seconds,
looked up to see 8 cats and a human staring at him, and took off for
the heating ducts. I couldn't catch him/her, and last time I saw the
cats they were doing a scan and search for said mouse.

Mishi

Yikes, I'd laugh, but that's not even funny!

kili

Old August 5th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Victor Martinez wrote:
kilikini wrote:
And people think our pet rats are huge! Dang! That's a big rat!

Rattus norvegicus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_rat

These are our little creatures:

http://i38.tinypic.com/72t47k.jpg

We like them. They're cuddly. :~)

kili

Old August 5th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Aug 5, 10:26*am, "kilikini" wrote:
http://i38.tinypic.com/72t47k.jpg

We like them. *They're cuddly. *:~)

Very cute!

Victor

Old August 5th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Victor Martinez wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:26 am, "kilikini" wrote:
http://i38.tinypic.com/72t47k.jpg

We like them. They're cuddly. :~)

Very cute!

Victor

Thanks, Victor. Most people think that having pet rats is strange, but
they're really funny little creatures when they're tame.

kili

Old August 5th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

Good hunting. I wonder which one caught him, or if they hunted in a team.

Pam S. shuddering at the thought of having rats

Old August 5th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Victor Martinez wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:26 am, "kilikini" wrote:
http://i38.tinypic.com/72t47k.jpg

We like them. They're cuddly. :~)

Very cute!

Victor

Thanks, Victor. Most people think that having pet rats is strange, but
they're really funny little creatures when they're tame.

kili

I've heard it said that if you want a mini-pet that is really
people-friendly, rats are the way to go.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 5th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Aug 5, 12:30*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Good hunting. *I wonder which one caught him, or if they hunted in a team.

We think it was Fez, he's a very good "hunter" and he's big enough to
take the rat. Though I'm not sure he knew what a rat was until this
one came along.

Pam S. shuddering at the thought of having rats

I know! Our neighbor to one side has garbage piling up in her yard,
inside her house, on the porch... it's a mess! We think she has mental
issues. The rats come into our yard to eat bird seed that falls from
the feeders. This one decided to explore the enclosure. Big mistake.

Cheers.

Victor

Old August 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Victor Martinez"
Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

Ewwwww, poor Tom having to deal with that.
Good for your crew not eating it
Kyla

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 5th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:

Tom came home tonight to find a dead, fully grown rat on our living room
carpet. A big, dead rat. 10 inches long, without counting the tail. Ick.
I'm glad I was not here to witness that. I'm very relieved our crew had
the good sense to not try to eat it.

Yeesh! Did you take a picture? Probably not, right? Too bad, though.
That should give you some bragging rights for a while. And I thought
the 6-inch rat that Smudge left on my doorstep was big!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 5th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kilikini wrote:

Most people think that having pet rats is strange, but
they're really funny little creatures when they're tame.

Really? It doesn't seem weird to me to have a pet rat - I've known
lots of people who've had them. People have other rodents as pets,
eg, gerbils, hamsters, etc, so why not rats? And rats are really smart,
too.

I'm not at all afraid of pet rats, and enjoy handling them, petting
them, etc. But I'm totally grossed out by street rats. It's the germ
factor that makes me squeamish. Indoor pet rats are pretty clean, but
who knows where Smudge's latest conquest has been?

--
Joyce ^..^