i got allocated a Macmillan nurse

Old February 24th 15, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default i got allocated a Macmillan nurse

On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:42:54 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie would like to have Sheba every day, it's premium yummy stuff. He only
gets it if he is ill and off his food

I have to get some Sheba in soon as Spirit is going for her spay it'll be a nice treat when she comes back. My vet gives out some sort of pate cat food "In case their tummy is a bit sensitive after surgery" and apart from Bonnie who will eat anything (mind you Spirit is the same) none of my cats like it (And I'm not the only one friend had their girl and boy done at the same practice and they both refused the pate cat food)

But oh Sheba! It's almost worth the trip to the vets!

They get it on their birthdays and at Xmas and sometimes the odd tray between the two of them if its on special offer- it's a bit rich and causes unpleasant litter box deposits if it's fed more often than an occasional treat

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 25th 15, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 5:23:27 PM UTC-5, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:42:54 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie would like to have Sheba every day, it's premium yummy stuff. He only
gets it if he is ill and off his food

I have to get some Sheba in soon as Spirit is going for her spay it'll be a nice treat when she comes back. My vet gives out some sort of pate cat food "In case their tummy is a bit sensitive after surgery" and apart from Bonnie who will eat anything (mind you Spirit is the same) none of my cats like it (And I'm not the only one friend had their girl and boy done at the same practice and they both refused the pate cat food)

I have had coupons for Sheba several times, but Rita hates it. She only likes Fancy Feast, and only the stuff with extra gravy, and preferably the Beef. The weird thing is, she used to insist on ONLY pate, no gravy at all. Now she only wants gravy. In fact, she really LOVES that Fancy Feast stuff that's basically broth with a few shreds of meat. I give that to her in a ceramic bowl and she licks it clean every time.
Maybe I'll try Sheba again sometime.....if I ever get suicidal enough to want to go into Walmart.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita.
Old February 27th 15, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/24/2015 5:23 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:42:54 PM UTC, Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie would like to have Sheba every day, it's premium yummy stuff. He only
gets it if he is ill and off his food

I have to get some Sheba in soon as Spirit is going for her spay it'll be a nice
treat when she comes back. My vet gives out some sort of pate cat food "In case
their tummy is a bit sensitive after surgery" and apart from Bonnie who will eat
anything (mind you Spirit is the same) none of my cats like it
(snippage)
But oh Sheba! It's almost worth the trip to the vets!

Persia liked Sheba but it really didn't float her boat quite the way
Fancy Feast did.

They get it on their birthdays and at Xmas and sometimes the odd tray between the
two of them if its on special offer- it's a bit rich and causes unpleasant litter
box deposits if it's fed more often than an occasional treat

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I started buying Sheba because it was about 10 cents less per can than
FF and the ingredients were nearly the same. There must have been some
subtle difference, though, because Persia always went for the FF faster
than the Sheba.

She only ever got it as a treat on Sundays most of her life. Towards
the end of her life when hydration was very important I gave her a half
a can every day along with her prescription dry food (which,
fortunately, she *loved*). Then Sheba jacked the price up so it was
back to FF. I do think she preferred the FF. But she wouldn't have
turned her nose up at the Sheba, either.

Jill
Old February 27th 15, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/25/2015 8:36 AM, Jane wrote:
[...]

Persia preferred the pate. I did buy her the FF in gravy a few times
but she'd merely lap up the gravy and leave the shreds of meat in the
bowl. (She also liked the beef FF, rarely any sort of fishy food. So
much for the whole "cats love fish" myth. I learned over the years you
can't paint cats with a single brush.) Feeding her the food with gravy
was rather defeating the purpose since she didn't eat the meat. I went
back to the pate type.

Recently I've been seeing ads on TV for FF gravy. I guess they've
figured out it is the gravy that is the draw.

Jill

the nurse with an iron paw Jack Campin Cat anecdotes 3 December 12th 13 01:05 AM
[FTV] Nurse Cat Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 May 8th 10 03:04 AM
My nurse Ann Cat anecdotes 5 April 29th 08 09:51 PM
OT Is anyone here a nurse? Granby Cat anecdotes 55 February 19th 08 05:37 AM
Let's try a nurse [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 April 8th 05 12:15 AM