Ping: Yowie

Old August 14th 03, 11:00 AM
Yowie

"CK" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a

teensy
eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until

around
April 12 next year, assuming it stays where it is and I don't lose it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now I only wish we would get our finances straight (= that hubby would
find a job) so I could, maybe, follow suit... but I'm a bit on the old
side already... :/

Purrs for the finances. And don't worry about being a bit "old", so am I!
(And trust me, I don't feel any older than I did at 21!)

Yowie

Old August 14th 03, 11:03 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote

Pam S. who believes that all bare and furry kittens should be conceived
in love and laughter and only to those families who truly want them.

Well, I can assure you this bare kitten is much wanted and was conceived in
alot love & laughter - I'm fairly sure "she" was conceived on my birthday,
with help from a red satin birthday present :-)

Yowie

Old August 14th 03, 11:08 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
Yowie!!!!!!!

I just read in Catslaves some interesting new news about an impending
delivery of a new type of kitten??????!!!!!!!!!

Well! Fancy that! We know what she & Joel have been up to then!! My
cats are *shocked* ;-)

*Congratulations* Yowie & Joel. This furless kitten is going to have
a lot of cyber aunts & uncles!!!

Cheers, helens

I bet it was Frank and Waffles giving them ideas, I wonder if Joel has a
garter.;-)
--

Bet he does...nope, don't wanna ask. HEY VICKY.....

Hey! A girl has got to keep some of her bedroom activities private!!!!!

Yowie
PS - Ask Dave. Even though he doesn't know, I'm sure the story he makes up
will be far more interesting than anything I can tell you :-)

Old August 14th 03, 11:45 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

"Oh look, he's wearing a tuxedo and garters!
What a kinky cat you have!" Frank has what looks like white socks on his
back legs, and both are circled by a band of black. ;o)

The *only* purrson Frank is enjoyably k*nky with is *me*...

PPPPPUUUUUUURRRRRR

Waffles

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 14th 03, 02:43 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Won't you feel better in labor knowing that people all over the world
are waiting impatiently for its end result? :-P

I think there should be a web cam set up for the actual event. We can all shout
*PPPPUUUUUSSSSHHHH* in unison... ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 15th 03, 09:21 PM
Annie Wxill

"Yowie" wrote in message
Thanks everyone. Yes, it is true, I am currently carrying around a

teensy
eensy weensy barekitten. Calculations say I'll be carrying it until

around
April 12 next year, ... I may be able to have labour in a private

hospital, but
the
odds are good it will be a midwife rather than the obstetrician

attending
the birth.

Yowie

Sorry to piggyback. I've been too busy to do more than scan the messages
and I can't believe I almost missed out on something so special.
Many congratulations.
April is a great time to give birth in the northern hemisphere. I don't know
about the southern half. My daughters came in April and May. In fact, the
June baby was totally planned because I told my husband the prior August
that I would not go through a summer being pregnant, so it was either get
pregnant by September or wait another year.
As for the obstetrician, during my childbearing years, they were all men,
and idiots to boot. Given a choice, I'd much prefer to have had a midwife
(if the person is a male, is it midhusband?) or at least a female
obstetrician. In fact, because of my past experiences, I generally prefer a
woman doctor.
I understand your problem getting a doctor. My doctor is leaving town,
partly because of the cost of medical insurance, and now I have to find one
who is taking new patients.
I always considered being pregnant a great responsibility and an awesome
privilege. Just keep in mind that the best way to ensure your baby a
healthy start in life is to take the best possible care of yourself.
Of course, we will be sending prayers and purrs, just to give you a boost.
Annie (happy dancing)

Old August 15th 03, 10:50 PM
CK

Yowie wrote:

"CK" wrote in message

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now I only wish we would get our finances straight (= that hubby would
find a job) so I could, maybe, follow suit... but I'm a bit on the old
side already... :/

Purrs for the finances. And don't worry about being a bit "old", so am I!
(And trust me, I don't feel any older than I did at 21!)

Yowie

It's not that I'd *feel* old (ppl who don't know me think I'm under 30
and not 40 like I am), but I *am* old (on the older side) when it comes
to having babies... oh well, if it's meant to be, it'll happen...

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com
Photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/christal63

Old August 16th 03, 12:26 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

3 hours sounds like a good sort of time for labour. (Why does everyone
regale you with 72 hour horror stories as soon as they find out you've got a
bun in the oven?) My mother says if I came out any more quickly i would have
hit the back wall. I'm hoping that its hereditary - although when I was 16
and terribly embarrassed about my body, my doctor grabbed my by my hips and
told me what a fine baby making body I was growing, particularly my nice
broad hips - perfect for bearing babies apparantly. At 16 I could have died
from that description, but I"m hoping that, despite the extra layers of
"insulation" and "cuddliness" I have developed since 16, the hips are still
good baby bearing types.

Vicky, my oldest, Jason, was 4 hours, Mike was 45 minutes, and Mandy was
5 3/4 hours. In spite of the "extra padding" I really had no problems.
I walked with each of them and that helped strengthen my leg and pelvic
muscles so that it was easier for me. I didn't have time for a doctor
with Mike, he was delivered by the labor room nurses. Mandy delivered
herself (just slid right out) while they were trying to find a OB.
Rob's flight surgeon was working in the emergency room and was the only
Dr they could find, so his name is on her birth certificate. With Jason,
the Doctor arrived just in time to play catch. They all did fine, and
your baby Yowie will do well too.

I don't know what possesses people to tell the 30+ hour labor horror
stories, unless it's a scare them, sadistic pleasure, sort of thing.
I've seen seasoned military wives do that to the little 17 year old
babies that are in for their first one, and always tell them that it
isn't always true, my first one took 4 hours. It helps, somewhat, to
ease their fears.

Pam S. who had great baby hips
Old August 16th 03, 12:31 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

"Tanada" wrote

Pam S. who believes that all bare and furry kittens should be conceived
in love and laughter and only to those families who truly want them.

Well, I can assure you this bare kitten is much wanted and was conceived in
alot love & laughter - I'm fairly sure "she" was conceived on my birthday,
with help from a red satin birthday present :-)

Yowie

WooHoo, way to go Joel!!! LOL, Mandy was a mid-tour Korea dividend. I
swear Rob had my knickers off and me knocked up within 15 minutes of
getting home on leave. Talk about being conceived in love and
laughter... Yes, she was, and is, very much wanted. They all were,
even though I gripe about them a lot.

There was a joke running around the trailer park where we first lived at
Ft Campbell, about a red satin nightie. It seemed that all three women
who borrowed it, as well as the owner, ended up pregnant. It was a
pretty potent fertility stimulus.

Pam S. who's impressed
Old August 16th 03, 04:26 AM
bewtifulfreak

"Tanada" wrote in message
Seanette Blaylock wrote:

My wedding anniversary is April 13.

-

We bought our first brand new car on April 13, 1987. Our wedding
anniversary is on June 13.

Pam S. whose hubby says that 13 has always been lucky for him.

Well, before 13 was said to be unlucky, it was considered a sacred number
because it's the number of phases of moons in the year. It was only to
quash the pagan aspect of it that 13 was later said to be unlucky.