New Purr Request

Old January 24th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default New Purr Request

I got a call from my mother in the last hour. She's not doing well
health-wise (she was hospitalized for colitis last year) and she called and
said she can't deal with being sick and taking care of my father too. She
asked, "Would I please come help?" Of course I will.

But I won't be driving. I called and arranged for Persia and Peaches to be
boarded once again and I'm trying to find air fares that make any sense. I
don't get how I could fly back on January 3rd and it cost $166 and suddenly
the price is double that.

I'm crying because I think this may be the last time I see both of my
parents. So purrs for them, please. They are in their 80's and this is to
be expected but dammit.... it's so hard to watch. And my brothers sort of
drop out of the picture when this tough stuff comes up.

Purrs for Persia to know I didn't abandon her when I take her back to be
boarded for I don't know how long.

I really thought I'd have another month or more before I had to make this
trip again. But when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Jill

Old January 24th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for all of you, including the cats.

The higher price is because it is short notice. You could try calling an
airline and explaining that it is an emergency. There is always a chance
someone might take pity on you and give you a price break. Or you could try
http://www.priceline.com/.

--
Joy

There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to
come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

Old January 24th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Joy wrote:
Purrs for all of you, including the cats.

The higher price is because it is short notice. You could try
calling an airline and explaining that it is an emergency. There is
always a chance someone might take pity on you and give you a price
break. Or you could try http://www.priceline.com/.

My trip in December was short notice, too. Only cost $166. Now it's double
that. Go figure! Thanks for the purrs. They are welcome, especially by
Persia who is not going to be happy being taken to the vet to be boarded
again!

Jill

Old January 24th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 24, 3:28*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you and your parents and for Persia, who will forgive you.
Chirps for Peaches as well.

Will in New Haven

--

Jill

Old January 24th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you, your parents and Persia. At least you know Persia and Peaches
will be well taken care of when you're away.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 24th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for your parents and for you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 24th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

[...]

Jill,
We can relay you, Persia and Peaches to your mother's house like
rescued cats are sometimes sent long distances. If you can get to
either Chattanooga or Birmingham (or Anniston) on a Saturday, I'll
come get you and drive you to your parents house. I've driven from
Atlanta to Beaufort, SC round-trip in one day (a friend's funeral) so
I know it can be done.

Julie
Old January 25th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much for the offer, but I'm flying to Savannah via Charlotte on
Saturday. The vet is ready for Persia to be dropped off for an
indeterminate amount of time and I know they'll take good care of her and
Peaches (chirp) too. I hate to leave them but what else can I do?

Jill

Old January 25th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

Good luck, Jill. I hope things go better than you fear.

Andy

Purr Request Adrian A Cat anecdotes 14 November 26th 06 09:50 PM
Purr request for Sam Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 20 January 18th 05 09:18 AM
Purr Request for Dad Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 25 December 31st 04 10:52 AM
OT purr request Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 46 December 30th 04 10:10 AM