Brrrrush!

Old April 8th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Brrrrush!

I love it. Once a week (or so; I've been lax lately) I say, "Wanna get
brushed?" and Persia charges for the couch.

When Persia first acquired me in 2001, when I picked up a litter box at
Walgreen's I also grabbed a thing labelled a 'cat brush'. What did I know
about cats? Lucky for me, she *loves* being brushed.

So I say "Wanna get brushed?" and she charges for the couch and I take this
brush out of the drawer in the side table and sit cross-legged. She
situates herself in the middle of my legs and I start brushing. Elevator
butt! (She has dandruff along the base by her tail so these 'scritches'
must feel really good.) I even get to brush her subtley black striped tail.
I brush her all along the flanks on one side, then she 'flips' and lets me
get the other side. How cute is that?

But she can't figure out how to do this and nuzzle at the brush with her
face at the same time. It's a battle between her back and her front!

Persia: Oh no! I want her to brush me back there but I also want to rub up
against the brush up here! Oh no! Oh, wait, she took my collar off...
she's brushing my neck. Oooh, that feels nice. [Meanwhile, she's sniffing
at her collar, "Hey, who stole my necklace?"]

Oooh, now she's brushing the top of my head. I can tilt my head back and
get brushed between my ears! Oooh, now she's brushing my throat! I want to
roll around on this brush, I do I do I do I do!

Jill: Relinqushes the brush and let's Persia roll around on it on the
floor. Persia rubs her face on it and then goes off to do other cat stuff.
I then get out a comb and clean the cat fur out of the brush and put in the
drawer for next time.

Jill --who temporarily let Persia take mind control to discribe a brushing
session and no, Persia did not drool [yes she did! No, I didn't! yes! no!]

Old April 8th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:46:54 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Awwww. Sometimes the more they like the brushing, the harder they
make it for you. HERE! NO, HERE!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 9th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Polly loves being brushed but she insists on reciprocating so while I
brush her with my right hand my left hand gets a thorough
wash.........the strange thing is the firmer my brush strokes get the
harder she licks me and her tongue is very rough, more like a little
pink pan scourers than a tongue.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old April 9th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Jill: Relinqushes the brush and let's Persia roll around on it on the
floor. Persia rubs her face on it and then goes off to do other cat stuff.
I then get out a comb and clean the cat fur out of the brush and put in the
drawer for next time.

I don't at present have any cats who allow themselves to be
brushed, but I have a very handy brush with with plastic
bristles and a sort of moveable "shield" at the base of the
bristles. When you flip a lever, the shield moves up to the
tip of the bristles, carrying all the loosened hair with it,
making it VERY easy to remove!

Old April 9th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shirley wrote:
Polly loves being brushed but she insists on reciprocating so while I
brush her with my right hand my left hand gets a thorough
wash.........the strange thing is the firmer my brush strokes get the
harder she licks me and her tongue is very rough, more like a little
pink pan scourers than a tongue.

Yes, a cat's tongue is more like a scouring pad and will quickly take the
skin off your hand. I guess this is why they are so clean

Old April 9th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote:

I brush her all along the flanks on one side, then she 'flips' and lets me
get the other side. How cute is that?

Jill,

May I formally request that Persia come and teach Heidi how and
when to do that?

Heidi is very long haired and gets brushed most every morning.
She absolutely loves it, and will bug me for half an hour before
it's time. But she gets far less brushing on her right flank
because she insists that the only proper position in which to
accept such service is lying on one's right side. I can
sometimes get a few swipes at her right flank after the main
brushing session is over, when she goes to check if she left
anything in her bowl.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old April 9th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote:

I brush her all along the flanks on one side, then she 'flips' and lets me
get the other side. How cute is that?

Jill,

May I formally request that Persia come and teach Heidi how and
when to do that?

Heidi is very long haired and gets brushed most every morning.
She absolutely loves it, and will bug me for half an hour before
it's time. But she gets far less brushing on her right flank
because she insists that the only proper position in which to
accept such service is lying on one's right side. I can
sometimes get a few swipes at her right flank after the main
brushing session is over, when she goes to check if she left
anything in her bowl.

Yeah, Cali hasn't got the pancake thing either. But she's pretty good with
the body parts, Chin, Chops, Tail, etc.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

Old April 9th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

(She has dandruff along the base by her tail so these 'scritches'
must feel really good.) I even get to brush her subtley black
striped tail. I brush her all along the flanks on one side, then
she 'flips' and lets me get the other side. How cute is that?

But she can't figure out how to do this and nuzzle at the brush with her
face at the same time. It's a battle between her back and her front!

Persia: Oh no! I want her to brush me back there but I also want
to rub up against the brush up here!

Humph! Why do you think God gave you two hands? So you can put one brush
in each hand so she can get both at the same time!!

Joyce
Old April 9th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

I love it. Once a week (or so; I've been lax lately) I say, "Wanna get
brushed?" and Persia charges for the couch.

When Persia first acquired me in 2001, when I picked up a litter box at
Walgreen's I also grabbed a thing labelled a 'cat brush'. What did I know
about cats? Lucky for me, she *loves* being brushed.

So I say "Wanna get brushed?" and she charges for the couch and I take this
brush out of the drawer in the side table and sit cross-legged. snip

Jill --who temporarily let Persia take mind control to discribe a brushing
session and no, Persia did not drool [yes she did! No, I didn't! yes! no!]

Soncek loves being brushed! Only his tummy is off limits to the brush.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek