Matty discovers tv

Old April 9th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Matty discovers tv

Matty, the rescue kitty living in a barn for so long, is amazingly
well-rounded considering what she's been through. She is going to make
someone a lovely friend for life. She gets along with my Loki d*g and
when Punkers hisses at her, she just ignores it.

When I'm home and Matty is out (been keeping her in the extra bedroom)
I never have the tv on. Well today is the first time she's been out
while my hubby is home (he ALWAYS has the telly on) so she saw IT for
the FIRST TIME!! Her eyes got even rounder than they usually are and
she did the up-periscope neck oggling the screen...then she started to
s-l-i-n-k away from that garish, glaring, alien box, but she'd stop
every few inches and looook back over her shoulder like the boogyman
might snatch her!LOL Poor girl...I know how she feels...sometimes I'd
like to shoot the thing!

PatM

Old April 10th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-09 17:54:02 -0500, "PatM" said:

[...]

It probalby is very alien!! She is doing amazingly well.

Old April 10th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PatM wrote:
Matty, the rescue kitty living in a barn for so long, is amazingly
well-rounded considering what she's been through. She is going to make
someone a lovely friend for life. She gets along with my Loki d*g and
when Punkers hisses at her, she just ignores it.

When I'm home and Matty is out (been keeping her in the extra bedroom)
I never have the tv on. Well today is the first time she's been out
while my hubby is home (he ALWAYS has the telly on) so she saw IT for
the FIRST TIME!! Her eyes got even rounder than they usually are and
she did the up-periscope neck oggling the screen...then she started to
s-l-i-n-k away from that garish, glaring, alien box, but she'd stop
every few inches and looook back over her shoulder like the boogyman
might snatch her!LOL Poor girl...I know how she feels...sometimes I'd
like to shoot the thing!

LOL! In spite of the Evil Box from H*ll, she sounds like she is a very
happy cat. You've don a wonderful job, Pat.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 10th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It sounds like you're doing a very good job with Matty.

Her reaction to the TV sounds similar to my (long departed this life)
Grandma's. Now this was the early 1970's,
Grandma was stone deaf, suffering from dementia and in hospital where
we were visiting her, she told my parents not to let the children look
out of *that* window as the things people were doing out there weren't
fit for children to see. Grandma had never seen a TV before.

:-)

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

oups.com...

Old April 10th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shirley wrote:
It sounds like you're doing a very good job with Matty.

Her reaction to the TV sounds similar to my (long departed this life)
Grandma's. Now this was the early 1970's,
Grandma was stone deaf, suffering from dementia and in hospital where
we were visiting her, she told my parents not to let the children look
out of *that* window as the things people were doing out there weren't
fit for children to see. Grandma had never seen a TV before.

:-)

For some reason I'm reminded of my grandmother, during the first moon
landing in 1969 some of the pictures were simulations of what was happening.
My grandmother said "aren't they good pictures from so far away" ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 10th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:28:25 +0100, "Adrian A"
yodeled:

Shirley wrote:
It sounds like you're doing a very good job with Matty.

Her reaction to the TV sounds similar to my (long departed this life)
Grandma's. Now this was the early 1970's,
Grandma was stone deaf, suffering from dementia and in hospital where
we were visiting her, she told my parents not to let the children look
out of *that* window as the things people were doing out there weren't
fit for children to see. Grandma had never seen a TV before.

:-)

For some reason I'm reminded of my grandmother, during the first moon
landing in 1969 some of the pictures were simulations of what was happening.
My grandmother said "aren't they good pictures from so far away" ;-)

BWAHAHAHAHA! Well, how do we really know they were really ever there?
Huh? Huh?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War