Has Anyone Heard From Matthew or Charleen?

Old August 22nd 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^*.*.^=

Default Has Anyone Heard From Matthew or Charleen?

With all the frightening storms going on in Florida,
We're purring and praying that they are okay.
Purrs, and prayers to all those going through bad storms
Hug
Kyla

Old August 22nd 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Kyla =^*.*.^=" wrote in message
. ..
With all the frightening storms going on in Florida,
We're purring and praying that they are okay.
Purrs, and prayers to all those going through bad storms
Hug
Kyla

I am alive flooded roads, flooded yard, lost my chimney top had to get
up there last night during the storm and lash tarps on it when the rains
stop got a contractor coming over to check out the water damage not that
bad
I lost my light post the first night but got it repaired that night

We got close to 40 inches of rain in two days we are lucky a few streets
away the water pooled due to a backed up storm drain so the water is over
car windows and in the houses. The hospital first floor and ER was flooded
out with 3 feet of water in it

Got to drive tonight for the car service some idiots want to go out and
party can't complain it is 8-10 hours of work and the weather moved out is
moving north west we are still getting wet and blown but nothing like the
last two days but that should be gone by Sunday at the latest.

During the storm last night had morons call that wanted to go out the
other manager booked it she called me to me to go to work I told her were
they could take the car and called the owner. He was not a happy camper The
county issued travel alerts stay off the road. She got suspended for a week
for being stupid and putting our drivers at risk.

Old August 22nd 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Default All Floridians Please Check In!

With all the frightening storms going on in Florida,
We're purring and praying that they are okay.
Purrs, and prayers to all those going through bad storms

I'm down in Palm Beach County. My dad, the cats, and I got through it
fine. My mom, who's a leukemia patient, was in the hospital. I told
her that was the safest place one could be during a storm.

My company did not close on Monday or Tuesday, and I went to work both
days. The visibility on I-95 was extremely poor, and I was on the
verge of pulling over and waiting for it to pass. Instead, I shifted
into overdrive (3rd gear) and didn't go over 30 mph -- and yes, there
were lunatics passing me.

I don't think the cats were too fazed. Kitty Schottland just cozied
up to my dad, and cried for him when he wasn't there. Lilith Kitten-
Mahoney snuck into my sister's room and burrowed under the bedcovers.

We're praying and purring for those affected by T.S. Fay.

Debby
Old August 22nd 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^*.*.^=

"Matthew" ...

"Kyla =^*.*.^="
[...]

Matthew, I am so glad you are okay. That storm sounds very freaky.
Dumb idiots wanting to go out and party when there was an alert to stay off
the road. Geez.
Our purrs and prayers are with you
Kyla

Old August 22nd 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^*.*.^=

"Debby Hanoka" ...
[...]

I'm so glad to hear you're okay Debby.
I don't know how many here live in Florida.
We're also purring and praying you and for those affected by T.S. Fay.
Soothing scritches to your clowder. Stay safe.
Hug
Kyla
PS My middle sister wrote me yesterday that it is supposed to snow today in
the Colorado mountain area where she lives. (Craig, Colorado)
All this weather is crazy.

soothing scritches to your clowder

Old August 23rd 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

We're okay. It appears that Mathew got the worst of it. My in-laws in Cape
Canaveral had water lapping at the door sill. Brother and sister-in-law in
Geneva who lost their home in hurricanes of 2004 had lake right up to the
top of the sea (lake) wall. Close calls!
Charleen

. ..

Old August 23rd 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Matthew" wrote in

We got close to 40 inches of rain in two days we are lucky a few
streets away the water pooled due to a backed up storm drain so the
water is over car windows and in the houses. The hospital first
floor and ER was flooded out with 3 feet of water in it

Whoa. Whoever said that at least the rain flushed the Everglades
wasn't kidding. We haven't had forty inches of rain in the last five
years. And this is farm country.

Jo

Old August 23rd 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^*.*.^=

We're okay. It appears that Mathew got the worst of it. My in-laws in
Cape Canaveral had water lapping at the door sill. Brother and
sister-in-law in Geneva who lost their home in hurricanes of 2004 had lake
right up to the top of the sea (lake) wall. Close calls!
Charleen

No kidding...
I am SO glad to hear you're okay Charleen. .
How did your med things go?
I've been praying for you.
Was waiting to send off your pkg till we were sure it wouldn't get blown
away.
Dutch will put it in the mail next week. Sorry for the delay..
The contents are important
He thanks you for your lovely card and letter.
That was so so sweet of you, and very touching.
Purrs and prayers for all those affected by the storm.
Kyla