Kitty standoff

Old July 18th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Kitty standoff

About 15 minutes ago I started making myself a late-night snack. All
3 cats came ambling into the kitchen and hung around in various poses,
all of which said, "Feed me." But they'd already had their wet food
dinner. However, when all of them are looking hungry, I figure something's
up, so I poured a bunch of kibble into a large bowl. The bowl is big
enough for two of them to eat together, but not 3. I went back to my
cooking while they tried to sort it out.

About 5 minutes later, I looked at them again and saw that they were
all sitting around the bowl, nobody eating. They were having a kind of
staring contest and were barely moving - except for their thrashing
tails. Clearly they were each waiting for someone to bend down and
start eating, at which point, that cat would get a whack on the head.

Finally I sighed and took out two small bowls, scooped up some of
the kibble from the big bowl into each of the small ones, and set them
down. "There - one for each of you." Sheesh - it's like having kids!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 18th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Charleen Welton wrote:

Cats are so funny! Among the many other things that they are!!!!
Charleen

Hey Charleen,

I got the book in the mail yesterday - thanks! It's very big! Lots
of stories, should keep me entertained for a long time.

Thanks again for sending it.

Joyce
Old July 19th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Good, thanks for lettting me know. Don't forget to send it on to CT when
you're finished.
Charleen

Old July 20th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jul 18, 4:08 am, wrote:
[...]

lol! I can sooo see this happening. These days we have kittens
sticking their heads into the bowls of larger cats. The WTH look on
Sam's face when tiny Rosco stuck his head into Sam's bowl as Sam was
eating was priceless.
Julie
Old August 24th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

About 5 minutes later, I looked at them again and saw that they were
all sitting around the bowl, nobody eating. They were having a kind of
staring contest and were barely moving - except for their thrashing
tails. Clearly they were each waiting for someone to bend down and
start eating, at which point, that cat would get a whack on the head.

lol! I can sooo see this happening. These days we have kittens
sticking their heads into the bowls of larger cats.

With our lot, Ollie (one of the "kittens", a year old now) seems to
be the brightest. A long time ago he figured out that you don't try
to shove your head in: you extend your paw and whip the dish away
from the cat who's eating. The only other cat who figured out how
to respond was his sister Courtney, who just extends her paw and
yanks the bowl right back (the others just act confused when their
food vanishes). When the two of them are both after the same bowl,
mealtimes are like a football match with the bowl changing possession
after each mouthful.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old August 24th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

With our lot, Ollie (one of the "kittens", a year old now) seems to
be the brightest. A long time ago he figured out that you don't try
to shove your head in: you extend your paw and whip the dish away
from the cat who's eating. The only other cat who figured out how
to respond was his sister Courtney, who just extends her paw and
yanks the bowl right back (the others just act confused when their
food vanishes). When the two of them are both after the same bowl,
mealtimes are like a football match with the bowl changing possession
after each mouthful.

I'd love to see a video of that. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 24th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When Scooter Dog (RB) was with us, I fed Piglet on the top of the dryer to
keep her food safe. I just kept doing that out of habit. Now there are two
other cats, they all get the same food but want hers. Willow gets up on the
dryer and send the food flying to the floor and they all eat together. May
as well learn to put all the stuff in a big container and let the have at
it.
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

With our lot, Ollie (one of the "kittens", a year old now) seems to
be the brightest. A long time ago he figured out that you don't try
to shove your head in: you extend your paw and whip the dish away
from the cat who's eating. The only other cat who figured out how
to respond was his sister Courtney, who just extends her paw and
yanks the bowl right back (the others just act confused when their
food vanishes). When the two of them are both after the same bowl,
mealtimes are like a football match with the bowl changing possession
after each mouthful.

I'd love to see a video of that. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Kitty Club Announcement: Mousing Kitty Club CatTayls Cat community 2 November 28th 05 05:28 AM
Kitty Club Announcement: Mousing Kitty Club Harri Roadcat Cat community 52 November 28th 05 01:27 AM
Mere standoff Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 27th 05 06:40 AM
Here kitty kitty..... SNATCH! TBird Cat anecdotes 3 December 29th 04 12:10 AM
Kitty FC update 2 (long) was Kitty Farmcat missing SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 2 August 11th 04 11:49 PM