declawing

Old August 18th 03, 07:07 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

[dewclaw removal]

Interesting. I never knew that about dogs.

i think the poster was referring to full declawing as a comparison to
cats, though. You know, maiming for convenience.

I think so, too, but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else
reading the thread got confuzzled. LOL
Dewclawing and declawing are so similar that when reading literature,
one might confuse the two terms.

i simply don't understand the strength-in-numbers argument here. As
I've said before, in the case of declawing, wrong is wrong. Doesn't
matter if one person or a billion do it, it's still wrong. theresore,
the whole who-does-what-where debate is silly.

Yeah, but "wrong is wrong" is a morality issue. That is a subjective
issue with no proofs, thus you really can't convince someone of it. Kind
of like all sensitive topics, including eating meat, abortion, religion,
etc, everyone has their own views. When trying to argue for a particular
view, it is generally easier to convince someone of something when you
give them facts and when you use an argument involving cultural
similarity. However, the cultural similarity issue was completely lost
on many of the participants.

~kaeli~
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
If that cell phone was up your a$$, maybe you could
drive a little better!
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old August 19th 03, 04:39 AM
Katra

Cathouse wrote:

"*~*SooZy*~*" wrote in

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in
message ...
*~*SooZy*~* wrote:

You flung that poor little innocent WILD mouse accross the
room??? You heartless bitch! You are lucky it survived... They
are pretty delicate.

I think you are mincing her words! she did say "no control
over my reflex action"

Thank you, Soozy....I felt terrible when I did it, but it *was*
just a totally reflex reaction. And I didn't expect the mouse to
bite, because I've taken them off my cat before and they never
did. It was ironic that this one bit me just seconds after my
husband said, "You know, they do

bite,
don't you?"

Ann

yes I can imagine how it was...... it all happens so quickly!

It does happen quickly. Just like dog bites and cat scratches.

Score... ;-)

K.

--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^ ^,,^

Breast Implants are the Stupidest idea ever. If I wanted to fondle
$10,000.oo worth of Silicon, I'd buy a new computer! --Anon.

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra