How do I post this .avi file?

Old April 6th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How do I post this .avi file?

I got a cute little 30-second video of Caliban on top of the cat tree.
I'd love to post it on Caliban's own web page
(http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm) but i don't have the
faintest idea how to do that. I've done the page in the simplest html.
Can I add the clip with a simple formula like the one for images?

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 6th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I don't think you can embed a .avi file. You could if you converted it to
..wmv tho. Use Windows Movie Maker, it's built into Windows XP and is simple
to use.

The you can use the following code to embed into the page:

EMBED SRC="MyMovie.wmv", WIDTH=150, HEIGHT=250 CONTROLS=TRUE

Or else just post a link to the .avi and let folks download it.

Old April 6th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I don't think you can embed a .avi file. You could if you converted it to
.wmv tho. Use Windows Movie Maker, it's built into Windows XP and is simple
to use.

The you can use the following code to embed into the page:

EMBED SRC="MyMovie.wmv", WIDTH=150, HEIGHT=250 CONTROLS=TRUE

Or else just post a link to the .avi and let folks download it.

You can embed an avi file the exact same way - just insert the correct name
of the file.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 6th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

I don't think you can embed a .avi file. You could if you converted it to
.wmv tho. Use Windows Movie Maker, it's built into Windows XP and is simple
to use.

The you can use the following code to embed into the page:

EMBED SRC="MyMovie.wmv", WIDTH=150, HEIGHT=250 CONTROLS=TRUE

Or else just post a link to the .avi and let folks download it.

You can embed an avi file the exact same way - just insert the correct name
of the file.

Thanks, Lori! I think it's there now, but my Firefox won't play it
because I don't have the plug-in, but I'm too tired now to install it.
If anyone wants to check out Caliban, go to
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm . If you can't see it, i can
always e-mail it to anyone who's interested. It's just Caliban lounging
on the cat tree, and even giving it a few kicks. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old April 6th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Thanks, Lori! I think it's there now, but my Firefox won't play it
because I don't have the plug-in, but I'm too tired now to install it.
If anyone wants to check out Caliban, go to
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm . If you can't see it, i can
always e-mail it to anyone who's interested. It's just Caliban
lounging
on the cat tree, and even giving it a few kicks. ;o)

I just viewed it with IE, he's such a sweet boy. I'll install the Firefox
plug-in tomorrow. Thanks for posting.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 6th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

Thanks, Lori! I think it's there now, but my Firefox won't play it
because I don't have the plug-in, but I'm too tired now to install it.
If anyone wants to check out Caliban, go to
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/caliban.htm . If you can't see it, i can
always e-mail it to anyone who's interested. It's just Caliban lounging
on the cat tree, and even giving it a few kicks. ;o)

Hi Marina,

I just tried this, and it asked me if I wanted to install the plug-in
(I'm using Firefox). Then it told me that it couldn't find an appropriate
plug-in for the file, so I couldn't see it anyway.

I looked at the source code for your page, and saw that the movie file is
called "caliban.avi.avi" - you have the extension on there twice. Looks
like a typo. Anyway, maybe Firefox is confused by that.

Joyce
Old April 6th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote
I just viewed it with IE, he's such a sweet boy. I'll install the
Firefox
plug-in tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

I dug IE out of the bin too. SweetieCal indeed! Claudius is much more
savage, although we did have a great 20-minute cuddle/stroke/romp
session today during which he purred ecstatically. Maybe he's maturing
at last (?????)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old April 7th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Where is the .avi file on Caliban's page? I only see 2 photos on there. I am
using IE.
Lily's mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Exocat" wrote in message

"Adrian A" wrote
I just viewed it with IE, he's such a sweet boy. I'll install the Firefox
plug-in tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

I dug IE out of the bin too. SweetieCal indeed! Claudius is much more
savage, although we did have a great 20-minute cuddle/stroke/romp session
today during which he purred ecstatically. Maybe he's maturing at last
(?????)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old April 7th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh yeah! It loaded slow but I got it just fine. What a handsome young
fellow!

PatM