OT Yahoo mail

Old April 5th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default OT Yahoo mail

Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

Old April 5th 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

No problem here, but then I usually log on to Yahoo Mail via the
messenger, as I get an alert to the messenger when I have mail.
Oh, and I have an @yahoo.com-addy, if it makes any difference...
Have you tried with another browser? Not that that should make a
difference, but it sometimes does...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 5th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Marina wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time,
saying it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and
on.
I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going
on. It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy,
and they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't
access my Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

Yes, its been dodgy. I 'pop' all my Yahoo accounts from Outlook Express -
its been asking for a password several times on different accounts, and
after several tries it accepts it. It seems random.

I don't tend to access it via the web, so don't know how its misbehaving
there.

Yowie

Old April 5th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:34:18 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

I use the Firefox browser to check Yahoo mail. All I use now is Firefox;
it's so much more secure than IE. And the open source extensions make
customizing it easy. Not being too computer savvy, I have only added a
few things; colored tabs, a weather bar (nice!).

www.mail.yahoo.com always takes me to the log in. The address changes in
the address bar when Yahoo reads the cookie on my computer. If your
cookie is munched, you might try going to the main Yahoo page
www.yahoo.com and then click on the mail link. It should read and/or
write a cookie, if necessary.

Hmm... You do have cookies enabled, I hope. I have shut off cookies when
visiting a new site, and forgot to turn them back on. Firefox keeps
'permanent' cookies for sites you have allowed it to store passwords in
a separate folder. If you are using Firefox, it's in Tools options
privacy show cookies. Permanent 'password' type cookies are in
folders. Look for one labeled Yahoo. You could delete it, and then try
logging in again.

If you aren't using Firefox, most of the above still applies, but
cookies will be in a different location. Sorry I can't help with other
browsers. I won't use Internet Explorer for *anything*. It's not secure.

If cookies aren't enabled, in whatever browser you are using, then you
would not be able to log into any secure site; Yahoo mail included.

I just checked both my Yahoo accounts. Both worked just fine. Checked
one of them from work...um yesterday afternoon, USA CDT. Worked fine.

Good luck.
Old April 5th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K. wrote:

No problem here, but then I usually log on to Yahoo Mail via the
messenger, as I get an alert to the messenger when I have mail.
Oh, and I have an @yahoo.com-addy, if it makes any difference...
Have you tried with another browser? Not that that should make a
difference, but it sometimes does...

It's the uk server. It says 'Firefox can't find the server at
uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com.'

Old April 5th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I use Firefox, too. Did you know there's a cat theme for
Firefox? I have the green one.

I tried emptying cache and cookies (and I do have cookies enabled) and
I've tried every link to Mail that I can find. I don't know what's going
on. It's been over 24 hours now, I think.

Old April 5th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:
Christine K. wrote:

No problem here, but then I usually log on to Yahoo Mail via the
messenger, as I get an alert to the messenger when I have mail.
Oh, and I have an @yahoo.com-addy, if it makes any difference...
Have you tried with another browser? Not that that should make a
difference, but it sometimes does...

It's the uk server. It says 'Firefox can't find the server at
uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com.'

Kinda thought it might be that, as so many others didn't have problems
logging on... And one would think they'd have more than one server, so
if one's down, they wouldn't be totally down. Weird...

Old April 5th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:

Thanks. I use Firefox, too. Did you know there's a cat theme for
Firefox? I have the green one.

I tried emptying cache and cookies (and I do have cookies enabled) and
I've tried every link to Mail that I can find. I don't know what's going
on. It's been over 24 hours now, I think.

I just now went to the UK-version of Yahoo and signed in to my mail
account, and had no probs, so the problem must be the server where your
actual mail account is on. I think...

Old April 5th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

I've been having fits with Yahoo mail for a couple of weeks now.

Jo

Old April 6th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Marina"
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time, saying
it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and on.

Hmm, my connection keeps dropping :/

I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going on.
It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy, and
they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't access my
Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

Tell ya what, send me an e-mail and we'll see what happens

I don't read it very often either but I'm on one of those e-mail lists
that I have sent there rather than my comcast addy.
Just say in the topic, hi it's Marnia and I'll know it's you.
and I'll reply
Maybe our pooters have greeblings?
Hug
Kyla

Yahoo photos closing Karen Cat anecdotes 7 June 25th 07 11:56 PM
pic from yahoo yepp Cat anecdotes 4 June 30th 05 07:03 PM
Yahoo photos Candace Cat health & behaviour 5 May 2nd 05 12:58 PM
Yahoo! spying Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 1 December 14th 04 07:53 PM