I Could Use Some Purrs, Please - OT

Old August 19th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie[_2_]

Default I Could Use Some Purrs, Please - OT

CatNipped wrote:
I'm going to see the neurosurgeon today to see if he can do something about
the pinched nerve in my neck. He's pretty much my last hope of getting free
of this pain - and avoiding the gradual loss of the use of my right hand and
arm. If he can do a "foraminotomy", arthoscopically, with minimal recovery
time (and do it before the end of the year before my $1,500 deductible is
back again), I would be *SO* happy.

So, if you would please, I could use some purrs that the visit this
afternoon turns out well and that he'll be able to help me.

Here's purring that you get the surgery done quickly, and it does the trick!

Yowie
Old August 19th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default HE CAN FIX ME!!!

Hopitus and MaryL, you were very correct (and what about the *THREE* doctors
I saw, before this one, who said they couldn't help me??!!). He said that
he definitely sees the bone overgrowth on the C3 and C4 vertebrae and also
part of the disk that was injured in the fall that broke my wrist, both
pressing down on the nerve. And it can easily be removed (he said if you
*have* to have a problem in the cervical area of the spine, this is the one
to have).

He'll go in from the front, just as you both described. He does it as an
out-patient surgery with no hospital stay needed. Recovery time is about 2
days but I can't drive for 2 weeks so I'll get a small (unpaid) vacation
from work. I'm going this Wednesday for another MRI (the one he looked at
was from October of last year and the pain has gotten *significantly* worse
since then), and then he'll be able to do the surgery within the month!!!

I was so relieved and happy that I cried all the way home from the doctor's
office. As I said, *THREE* other doctors (two orthopedists and another
neurosurgeon) looked at those same films and said there was nothing that
could be done for me - one wanted me to go to a psychiatrist as if the pain
in my neck was all in my head - it was *SO* good to be validated and told
that there was a physical reason for the pain, it was real, and it could be
fixed!

So thank you all so much for the purrs, they certainly worked again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I'm going to see the neurosurgeon today to see if he can do something
about the pinched nerve in my neck. He's pretty much my last hope of
getting free of this pain - and avoiding the gradual loss of the use of my
right hand and arm. If he can do a "foraminotomy", arthoscopically, with
minimal recovery time (and do it before the end of the year before my
$1,500 deductible is back again), I would be *SO* happy.

So, if you would please, I could use some purrs that the visit this
afternoon turns out well and that he'll be able to help me.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

our purrs and prayers are with you still Lori for everything to come out
great
I am glad you can get your problem fixed and be back on your feet so quickly

Old August 19th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
I'm going to see the neurosurgeon today to see if he can do something about
the pinched nerve in my neck. He's pretty much my last hope of getting free
of this pain - and avoiding the gradual loss of the use of my right hand and
arm. If he can do a "foraminotomy", arthoscopically, with minimal recovery
time (and do it before the end of the year before my $1,500 deductible is
back again), I would be *SO* happy.

So, if you would please, I could use some purrs that the visit this
afternoon turns out well and that he'll be able to help me.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Late seeing this (one of the problems living on the "left" coast), but I
do hope the neuro guy can get you fixed before New Years.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 19th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

CatNipped wrote:
Hopitus and MaryL, you were very correct (and what about the *THREE* doctors
I saw, before this one, who said they couldn't help me??!!). He said that
he definitely sees the bone overgrowth on the C3 and C4 vertebrae and also
part of the disk that was injured in the fall that broke my wrist, both
pressing down on the nerve. And it can easily be removed (he said if you
*have* to have a problem in the cervical area of the spine, this is the one
to have).

This must be a huge relief to you. We'll be purring for the procedure to
go well.

Old August 19th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My son has something called Burgers disease. The military spent three years
sending his to psychiatrist, said he was just trying to get out of the
service. Bull, he loved the Navy. Anyway after he kept falling they put
him out on medical discharge. Three months or so later, he had a leg
removed. At least they didn't fight giving him benefits.

He about go in trouble once because the Doctor said "Son, the pain is not in
your leg, it is in your hear." Mike told him that if he were his "son" he
would know to believe him when it said it hurt. He then added what he
thought the problem was and it wasn't complimentary to the Doctor.

Glad you found the right person to help.

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I'm going to see the neurosurgeon today to see if he can do something
about the pinched nerve in my neck. He's pretty much my last hope of
getting free of this pain - and avoiding the gradual loss of the use of
my
right hand and arm. If he can do a "foraminotomy", arthoscopically,
with
minimal recovery time (and do it before the end of the year before my
$1,500 deductible is back again), I would be *SO* happy.

So, if you would please, I could use some purrs that the visit this
afternoon turns out well and that he'll be able to help me.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

You got the right doc, that's all. No big fan of docs am I...when they
doubt
their skill to deal with somethng...they tell you nothing can be done
for you,
ROFL! Orthos don't like to get into spinal work...too delicate. They
excel at
surgery that takes literally "doc muscle" - hip pinnings, joint work
on llimbs.
Glad to hear things are looking up. I never thought it was "in your
head".

Old August 19th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Hopitus and MaryL, you were very correct (and what about the *THREE*
doctors I saw, before this one, who said they couldn't help me??!!). He
said that he definitely sees the bone overgrowth on the C3 and C4
vertebrae and also part of the disk that was injured in the fall that
broke my wrist, both pressing down on the nerve. And it can easily
be removed (he said if you *have* to have a problem in the cervical
area of the spine, this is the one to have).

snip

Never underestimate the power of the purr. I'm so glad it can be fixed,
purrs for you to be pain free soonest.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 19th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
My son has something called Burgers disease. The military spent three
years
sending his to psychiatrist, said he was just trying to get out of the
service. Bull, he loved the Navy. Anyway after he kept falling they put
him out on medical discharge. Three months or so later, he had a leg
removed. At least they didn't fight giving him benefits.

He about go in trouble once because the Doctor said "Son, the pain is not
in
your leg, it is in your hear." Mike told him that if he were his "son" he
would know to believe him when it said it hurt. He then added what he
thought the problem was and it wasn't complimentary to the Doctor.

Glad you found the right person to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that about your son, Granby! How awful!!

It's bad enough to be in constant pain, but to be in pain and not have
anyone believe you is ten times as bad - they make you feel like it's all
your fault and that it's something you could fix if you just "buck up"!
That's a *horrible* feeling - it *invalidates* your pain!

I hope he goes back to that doctor and let's him know just how *WRONG* he
was (not that the doctor will feel sorry - *they're* not the ones who are
living with the pain).

Constant pain is *SO* debilitating. It's hard for someone else to imagine.
I told Ben, if you get tired of me saying, "it hurts" every hour or so,
think about this - you're forced to think about it once an hour, how do you
think it feels to *experience* the pain and have to think about it *EVERY
SECOND OF THE DAY*! You just can't imagine that because you get to forget
about it for the other 59 minutes of the hour!

Anyway, enough venting - it will, hopefully, be all over with soon.

Please let your son know that I sympathize with him and am angry *for* him
about how the doctors treated him!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

He about go in trouble once because the Doctor said "Son, the pain is not in
your leg, it is in your hear." Mike told him that if he were his "son" he
would know to believe him when it said it hurt. He then added what he
thought the problem was and it wasn't complimentary to the Doctor.

That's the issue Nancy is having. She goes to the same GP I have. He
FINALLY ordered thyroid and sed rate tests for her the last time she saw
him. When she told him she thought she might have fibromyalgia and she
knows that she has arthritis (the arthritis was diagnosed and treated by
her last 2 doctors in CA) he basically grabbed hold of her shoulders and
twisted a little, and when she didn't flinch he said "Nope, you're fine".
That is just so completely wrong! So now I'm urging her every time she'll
listen to find a different doctor. This one keeps telling her it's all in
her head, when it's quite obviously not.

Sammy and Ranger are both fairly lightweight cats. When they walk on me
while I'm in bed I can feel them but it's a very light pressure. When they
walk on Nancy it hurts her. If she's on her side and one of them steps on
her hip, it hurts her a lot. That is NOT NORMAL. So I'm pressuring her
pretty constantly to try another doctor, and keep trying doctors until
she'll find one that will actually listen to her and help her find out
what's wrong and how to fix it.

Dan
Old August 19th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sounds like she needs a referral to a doctor that treats Rheumatoid
Arthritis. Right now they are about as close as you can get to
finding someone that knows how to treat fibro.

Jo