Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

Old March 13th 10, 12:18 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Stormmee" wrote

you are talking about torrine, sp? for the cats needs, i just never looked
into if the dog eating the cat food would hurt the dog, Lee

Thats it or close enough. Dog eating the cat food is harmless. Cat eating
the dog food won't hurt them either as long as long as they get enough of
that stuff in the diet.

It's pretty close on what both need, except that one added thing the cats
need (but a meal or so without it is not gonna hurt them kitties).

Old March 13th 10, 12:33 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Stormmee" wrote in message
you are talking about torrine, sp? for the cats needs, i just never looked
into if the dog eating the cat food would hurt the dog, Lee
"cshenk" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote

you know that is a question i never researched but is curious to me, i
know cats need different things than dogs, but they do seem to like to
sample the other's food... not ever having cats and dogs indoors at the
same time i never looked into it... but i am wondering if there is
anything in either food that is detrimental to the other... just
something i wondered about from time to time but never got around to
researching... and never remember when i am at my bet's to ask her...
OEJ goes back for another blood draw in a week or so i am going to try
and remember to ask her.

Lee, there's a particular thing added to cat food that dogs do not need
(harless to them). Lysine? I forget the actual need and it's a pretty
small amount they need. It's something they dont formulate but dogs (and
people) do. It's there in some raw body part that isnt in pet food so
they add it to cat foods.

Nasty things happen to cats if they do not get it over time. I forget
just what but they can go blind first if i recall it right?

Sampling the other's food is harmless. Eating it day and day out isnt
wise though. A nibble is fine.

If cat food was bad for dogs, most of the dogs I've known would be dead by
now.....For sure, all the beagles would go first.....:^)

Old March 13th 10, 01:00 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Stormmee" wrote

don't let it bother you, i just refuse to make the excuses anymore... not
worth my time, like the dear mathew said in another group on a similar
thread, when the bitchers start paying his net bill he will consider what
they want... btw DH downloaded thunderbird for me to try... total
disaster, it actually ate some of the SR programming, Lee

Ah it's ok Lee! Sometimes though it is best to just let another hit someone
with a clue bat. The OP was not aware of what was going on and you
shouldn't *have* to explain it over and over. She didn't mean 'bad' and was
just yet another sample of unaware that your particular software doesnt lead
to that.

I remember Jason from Nogales. It was long ago (1988?) and him talking me
through an install of a screen reader software he had developed. This was
before the internet explosion access to home use. I ended up in a 3 way
coference call with the developer of the BBS software I used and Jason as we
nailed down a few issues. Later there was a fellow named 'Doug' who helped
us work on mobility issues. Doug as I recall knew alot about mouses and
sip-n-puff setups.

One of the things that software did was give you an option to 'quote all'
(dropping cursor at the bottom) or quote in sections (people who can see
find that better) or not quote at all (normally not optimal but folks with
UNIX based systems found this better).

We came up with a problem for Amiga systems and got them to release a patch
for the software. It can still be hard though to find 'just the right one'
for your use.

I added this not because you don't know it, but for the others who may not
be aware of the development of some aspects. Most of them for example don't
know the development of the 'mouse' was mobility impairment related.
Wikipedia doent tell you that either. I just happen to know it. I dont know
if the 'Doug' I talked with was the one who developed the 'mouse'.

Old March 13th 10, 01:12 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Mosey's Mom "=^..^="" wrote
"cshenk"
"Kelly Greene"

Grr but trying to be polite. Lee gets that ALOT. Its not the same.
She's using a screen reader for the blind and while some work that way,
hers doesnt.

Lee top posts for totally acceptable reasons. Consider this 'ADA
accomodation' in real live use.

(sorry Lee, she irked me).

Thank you for putting this person in his/her place...
She/he irks me too, and I totally agree that Lee is a wonderful person
Thanks for putting this 'person; in his/her place
Giving my kitty Mosey back the keyboard now
Love
Kyla

It's ok Kyla. Most likely the Kelly person was just not 'aware'. She is
now. Don't blame her for not knowing something. Blame her only if she
comes back after this bit.

Old March 13th 10, 01:32 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

i am currently in a search for email and group software for win seven as it
didn't come with outlook, it sure is slow going, Lee

Old March 13th 10, 02:00 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dori Neu

One reason you were healthier when you smoked is because you were younger.
All our little duckies come home to roost after a while. Be happy that you
smell better now.

Yes, that true ... i'm always thankful for small things and I'm sure my
hubby agrees ... :-)
--
Dori ... Cissy, Munk, Kali Kat and Midnight

Old March 13th 10, 06:07 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Stormmee" wrote

i am currently in a search for email and group software for win seven as it
didn't come with outlook, it sure is slow going, Lee

I looked about too and there isnt much out there for WIN 7 yet. Dolphin
seems to be workiung on it though.

Old March 14th 10, 10:39 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

i might see if dh can put that in to see how the sr does with it, the sr,
all four i have don't like windows live, which is weird because supposedly
its very similar to OE, Lee
"Stormmee" wrote