Helpful Rosie

Old November 17th 03, 01:37 AM
Annie Wxill

"polonca12000" wrote in message
She has the perfect weight
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Well, actually she is a little bit chubby, and sort of on a diet. But only
in hopes of preventing future health problems. Of course, she is unaware of
the future health problems angle.
Annie

Old November 17th 03, 01:41 AM
Annie Wxill

"Tanada" wrote in message
We did that to Rob a couple of times. Whenever he goes to see his
radiologist, he has to weigh in. ...
Rob turned around as Kim burst out laughing. He now insists on knowing
where all the staff members and I are whenever it comes time to weigh
in.
Pam S.

Sheesh. You and Dave Y are of like minds. That is a little unnerving. We
may have to change the Patty support group to the Patty and Rob support
group.
Annie, giggling and glad that Rob is holding his own.

Old November 17th 03, 05:01 PM
Takayuki

"Annie Wxill" wrote:

Maybe that was it. That reminds me of the time our first daughter was a
toddler and Jim shaved off his moustache. She went all over the house
looking for it and calling, "moose-a-tash."
Annie

LOL! That's so cute!

Old November 17th 03, 06:33 PM
polonca12000

Awww! Adorable!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 17th 03, 06:46 PM
SUQKRT

In article , David Yehudah
wrote:

I did that to Patty at the doctor's office a while back. I was behind
her where she couldn't see me. She didn't really catch on until the
nurse muttered her weight out loud. That brought a scream from Patty and

a puzzled look from the nurse. That was when they both looked back and

saw my foot on the scale. :-)

Annie Wxill wrote:

Have you decorated the doghouse for the holidays yet?
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old November 18th 03, 12:29 AM
Annie Wxill

Shortly after that he grew another moustache, so I guess she thought he
found it after all.
Annie

Old November 18th 03, 06:05 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:14:14 -0600, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:55:38 -0600, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

...She'll get right on the scale and sit there purring and
looking so pleased with herself.
Annie

I wish I knew your secret. I've tried many times to weigh TuTu
without success. She is too big for me to hold when she struggles and
she won't step on the scale herself. MLB

Rosie never ceases to amaze me. The first seven months of her life she was
homeless and wild. I trapped her and brought her in and tamed her. That was
three or four years ago. I attribute her transition to a domesticated house
cat to her inherent sweet nature and impressive intelligence. She loves
attention and even sits on command. Getting on the scale was her own idea,
and all I had to do was praise her. Then I started asking her to sit, and
this she does for more praise. Of course, I have to read the numbers fast,
because she doesn't stay still very long.
Cinder, now, is a different story. Ironically, she's never known a single
day without food and shelter. Yet, she is much more suspicious than Rosie.
What works with her is that I got a pet scale, similar to that of a baby
scale, from Drs. Foster & Smith catalog. I keep it on the floor next to our
scale. When I want to weigh Cinder, I sprinkle a little catnip on the scale
and coax her to get on. Usually, she will cooperate.
Cats like soft spots, boxes, and they also like to plop on top of anything
you are reading. Maybe you could put a box with a towel on top of the
scale, add a little catnip and ignore TuTu. Maybe she will decide to climb
in.
Or read the newspaper next to the scale. Casually put some newspaper on the
scale. Maybe she'll decide to plop on it.
Hope this helps.
Annie

I don't think the baby scale would work -- I think she is 16 to 18
pounds. I'll give the other ideas a try. Thanks! MLB
Old November 18th 03, 05:42 PM
Annie Wxill

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:14:14 -0600,
I don't think the baby scale would work -- I think she is 16 to 18
pounds. I'll give the other ideas a try. Thanks! MLB

I said the scale I got is like a baby scale. It has a base and a tray. The
cat (or baby, or whatever) can lie in the tray. Your vet probably uses one
like it to weigh your cat. The scale I got goes up to 44 pounds. I got it
from a Drs. Foster and Smith site on the Internet.
Annie