Oh, the indignity!

Old December 2nd 03, 08:52 PM
-L.

Default Oh, the indignity!

OK - it's confession time.

I have these strange rituals with my cats. I'm sure you have them as
well. I sing to them - they answer back. I make up names for them -
the more weird, the better. Currently Peewee's nickname is Dabba Doo
as in Yabba Dabba Doo and Mimi's nickname is Memus Penis. No one
said it was normal.

The worst is this ritual we go through every day, when I call to
Peewee and he answers back:
Me: "Peewee"
Him: "Ma-ma"
Me: "Peewee"
Him: "Ma-ma"
Me: "Peewee"
Him: "Ma-ma"
Me: Kiss my toe! (holding toe out for him)
Him: Kisses my toe, purring

Yes, it's weird...

OK, y'all - time to confess - What are your weird cat rituals!?!

-L.
Old December 2nd 03, 09:01 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

OK, y'all - time to confess - What are your weird cat rituals!?

My cats tell me that nothing they insist I do for them is weird. Must go -
medication time overdue.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 3rd 03, 12:20 AM
Victor Martinez

OK, y'all - time to confess - What are your weird cat rituals!?!

Don't know if it counts as a ritual, but we also give nicknames to the
cats. Basho's name morphed into Moonchoomooleetoh (phonetically), for
example...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 3rd 03, 12:34 AM
Gizela

When we are feeding Gizmo, she sits, where her food is to go and looks up
intently at us putting food in the bowl. So we say "come on Giz, beg for it"
and she lets out an awe-inspiring MEOW (long, drawn out, almost
pained).....this always happens.

Whenever DF walks through the house naked Gizmo always runs and hides for
some reason (I say to her "yeah, I'd run too puss").

OH, and the funniest, when we let her out in the morning we always make sure
she's at the other end of the house before opening the door. And then just
as we are opening it we say "Galloping Puss!" and she practically gallops
out the door floowed by a grinding halt once she reaches the middle of the
garden.

And now it is hot and summery here she is wanting to be outside more (the
neighbour lets her into the air conditioning while we sit sweating inside my
house). If the neighbour isn't there she has plenty of shady spots in the
garden

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

m...

Old December 3rd 03, 12:38 AM
Brenda

"-L." wrote in message
[...]

grab kitty, hold like a baby, cover little furry tummy with kisses. Pea
loves it (as did Bunter), Emily yowls like I'm trying to kill her, and Max
indulges me, so far.

Brenda

Old December 3rd 03, 07:55 AM
Exocat

Snap!

Snowball the Killer Ragdoll Kitten also reaches up for his bowl, but
rather than touching it gently I reckon he's trying to grab & drag it
to the ground so he can get his snout into the trough that bit sooner
:^)

Gotta love 'em, eh?

Best

Exocat

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Alan Erskine" wrote
One of my former neighbours used to do something like this with her

cat.
She'd hold the bowl of food out in front of Cleo (her cat if you

hadn't
guessed) and Cleo would reach up and put her paw on the bowl several
times.
Very cute and gentle. Always love things like this as people say

cats are
untrainable.

Old December 4th 03, 02:49 PM
-L.

"Gizela" u wrote in message ...
When we are feeding Gizmo, she sits, where her food is to go and looks up
intently at us putting food in the bowl. So we say "come on Giz, beg for it"
and she lets out an awe-inspiring MEOW (long, drawn out, almost
pained).....this always happens.

Whenever DF walks through the house naked Gizmo always runs and hides for
some reason (I say to her "yeah, I'd run too puss").

LOL...too funny!

OH, and the funniest, when we let her out in the morning we always make sure
she's at the other end of the house before opening the door. And then just
as we are opening it we say "Galloping Puss!" and she practically gallops
out the door floowed by a grinding halt once she reaches the middle of the
garden.

I do something similar. While I'm bringing the kitties' food into the
room where they eat, I say 'Run Peewee, RUN!" and he runs ahead of me.
So funny!

-L.