Traitor!

Old April 11th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Traitor!

On 2006-04-11, wafflycat penned:

Oh yes, especially iof you also have a pair of Oakley Zeroes.

I just have the RPs. I have a fairly small face and haven't been able
to find any Oakleys that fit. (They may exist, but they're not in
stock at the shops I've visited, and I'm not about to buy a pair
without trying them on.)

Nathan has Oakley Zeroes for his TTs and he'll be wearing the RP
Rydons he won at the weekend (amongst the other stuff he won) for
'normal' cycling.

Thanks to cost of offspring's *serious* kit, his poor mother is
reduced to having the cheap stuff :-)

Awwww.

It'll all be worth it when he's at the front of the pack in the TdF.

Heh! If he got a call from Bjarne Riis, I'd not see him for dust :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 11th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Heh! If he got a call from Bjarne Riis, I'd not see him for dust :-)

Cheers, helen s

Forgot to post this...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...at/Brum016.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Cnewmember.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ookcool001.jpg

of him in his kit & with his cycling heroes at last year's Tour of Britain
TT stage :-D

Cheers, helen s

Old April 11th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote

That would be good - I'll keep this in mind. Vernon's booked a B&B
somewhere near and what we aim to do is go down the day before

Might be an idea to get together on said day before when it's much less
crowded & stressful.
Keep me posted on dates etc. & I'll look forward to meeting y'all -
might only be able to bring
the d-pet for a cuddle though, 2/3rds of the masters don't take kindly
to motoring.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

BTW if it comes to emailing you, is there an "L" missing in your above
sig (I know what to take out)?

Old April 11th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL glad they forgave you. Yaaaaaaaaaay! Nathan.

Old April 12th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Aren't you going to elaborate? You've got me curious now.

If you insist...I was on a course that required me to stay in a B&B for
the night. I planned to dedicate the night to doing some writing and
maybe having a couple of beers....

That's when I discovered it was no smoking ......So I set out to walk
to civilisation, which was how I nearly got killed. I walked down
country lanes with no pavements, in a black coat, in poor light and had
to cross a motorway!

Still the pub I finally found was lovely!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 12th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
Aren't you going to elaborate? You've got me curious now.

If you insist...I was on a course that required me to stay in a B&B
for the night. I planned to dedicate the night to doing some writing
and maybe having a couple of beers....

That's when I discovered it was no smoking ......So I set out to walk
to civilisation, which was how I nearly got killed. I walked down
country lanes with no pavements, in a black coat, in poor light and
had to cross a motorway!

Still the pub I finally found was lovely!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Which just goes to prove, smoking's bad for you. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 12th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Which just goes to prove, smoking's bad for you. ;-)

I don't know I suppose you could argue that I got about six miles
vigorous walking from it....

The best bit was getting to the B&B and asking if I could call home to
let Dave know I had arrived and to talk to the cats. So I was shown to
a phone which had a noticeboard next to it. There was a bit paper
labelled "Things to do in Ringwood" and on the board there was a single
card from the local Methodist church....

"Ahh" I thought "Obviously not the flesh pits"

Lesley