Helpful Rosie

Old November 16th 03, 08:44 PM
Tanada

polonca12000 wrote:

ROFL!
Best wishes,

No, that's WOFL

Pam S. grinning
Old November 16th 03, 08:51 PM
Tanada

Annie Wxill wrote:

Hello group,
The last few months, Jim has been on a diet to lose weight and has dropped
quite a few pounds. I guess Rosie thinks he's slim enough, or just wanted
to play games with his head. The other day when Jim stepped onto the
scales, Rosie also stepped up and sat on his foot.
Annie

We did that to Rob a couple of times. Whenever he goes to see his
radiologist, he has to weigh in. The scales look sorta like a
treadmill, but with a shortened tread part. One time he stepped up on
the scales and I put my weight on the scales from behind him.

"Wow, you've gained some weight," Kim said.

"Not that much, I was 212 the last time we were here," Rob said looking
down.

"But you're 318 now."

Rob watched me closely the next time we went in for an appointment. I
didn't go near the scales. Gina was recording his weight, I was
standing to one side, and Kim came up behind him.

"You've gained even more weight," Gina kept a straight face with
difficulty.

"Paaammm?"

"Not me honey."

Rob turned around as Kim burst out laughing. He now insists on knowing
where all the staff members and I are whenever it comes time to weigh
in.

Pam S.
Old November 16th 03, 09:16 PM
Tanada

polonca12000 wrote:

ROFL!
Best wishes,
--

Nope that's ROFW!

Pam S. grinning
Old November 16th 03, 09:57 PM
polonca12000

Exactly!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message

Nope that's ROFW!

Pam S. grinning

polonca12000 wrote:

ROFL!
Best wishes,

Old November 17th 03, 02:14 AM
Annie Wxill

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:55:38 -0600, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

....She'll get right on the scale and sit there purring and
looking so pleased with herself.
Annie

I wish I knew your secret. I've tried many times to weigh TuTu
without success. She is too big for me to hold when she struggles and
she won't step on the scale herself. MLB

Rosie never ceases to amaze me. The first seven months of her life she was
homeless and wild. I trapped her and brought her in and tamed her. That was
three or four years ago. I attribute her transition to a domesticated house
cat to her inherent sweet nature and impressive intelligence. She loves
attention and even sits on command. Getting on the scale was her own idea,
and all I had to do was praise her. Then I started asking her to sit, and
this she does for more praise. Of course, I have to read the numbers fast,
because she doesn't stay still very long.
Cinder, now, is a different story. Ironically, she's never known a single
day without food and shelter. Yet, she is much more suspicious than Rosie.
What works with her is that I got a pet scale, similar to that of a baby
scale, from Drs. Foster & Smith catalog. I keep it on the floor next to our
scale. When I want to weigh Cinder, I sprinkle a little catnip on the scale
and coax her to get on. Usually, she will cooperate.
Cats like soft spots, boxes, and they also like to plop on top of anything
you are reading. Maybe you could put a box with a towel on top of the
scale, add a little catnip and ignore TuTu. Maybe she will decide to climb
in.
Or read the newspaper next to the scale. Casually put some newspaper on the
scale. Maybe she'll decide to plop on it.
Hope this helps.
Annie

Old November 17th 03, 02:16 AM
Annie Wxill

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Rosie reminds me of this joke:

On their first date, Joe took Rose to the carnival. When he asked her
what she wanted to do first, Rose replied, "Get weighed."

(snip of rest of joke)

Hi Tak,
Sorry I had to snip your joke, but my newsreader objects if I try to make a
short answer to a long post.
Anyway, thanks for the chuckle.
Annie

Old November 17th 03, 02:18 AM
Annie Wxill

"Tanada" wrote in message
polonca12000 wrote:
ROFL!
Best wishes,

Nope that's ROFW!
Pam S. grinning

Pam, that's just too funny.
Annie, ROFW herself

Old November 17th 03, 02:22 AM
Annie Wxill

"Marina" wrote in message

.... Rosie also stepped up and sat on his foot.

Maybe she wanted to help him find all those lost pounds.
Marina

Maybe that was it. That reminds me of the time our first daughter was a
toddler and Jim shaved off his moustache. She went all over the house
looking for it and calling, "moose-a-tash."
Annie

Old November 17th 03, 02:23 AM
Annie Wxill

"David Yehudah" wrote in message
I did that to Patty at the doctor's office a while back.

Dave,
One of these days Patty will get even. I hope she lets us all in on it.
Annie