Geoffrey Kitten

Old December 1st 03, 04:55 AM
Marina

"Alphonze" wrote
snip hoolikitten antics
But I had my revenge. As I enjoyed a post-task coffee, I found
Geoffrey sacked out after all his exercise on a chair. So, I got my
digital camera out, poked him rudely, and fired the flash into his
face! Herewith, please enjoy a picture of a grouchy hoolikitten,
freshly awoken from his beauty sleep

Awww, and very annoyed he looks, too!

--
Marina
Old December 1st 03, 04:46 PM
Jette Goldie

"Alphonze" wrote in message
Hopitus2 wrote:
Geoffrey is so cute; aren't all his hoolikitten transgressions forgiven?

All of them!

Except the bit where he climbed up my arm and sat on the back of my head
while I was wiring up the phone socket, and - perched there - adopted
the 'cello' position and gave his junk a quick freshening-up. To the
unbounded, hysterical glee of my friend.

I'll forgive him for that later.

LOL - don't you wish your friend had the camera at that moment?

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old December 1st 03, 10:59 PM
polonca12000

Awww, adorable! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Alphonze" wrote in message
om...
snip Herewith, please enjoy a picture of a grouchy hoolikitten,
freshly awoken from his beauty sleep

http://rjs.project-black.co.uk/galle...?album=4&pos=3

Hehehehee
Al.

Old December 2nd 03, 11:53 AM
badwilson

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop -no wrote in
message ...
Adorable! ...But Geoffrey looks more calico than tabby - aure you SURE
he's a "he"? (I guess male calicos are possible, but they're pretty
rare.)

I'm sorry...but calico??? Geoffrey does not look anything like a calico to
me. Calico is white with orange and black patches. Geoffrey looks very
tabby in my eyes.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 2nd 03, 02:27 PM
Alphonze

badwilson wrote:

I'm sorry...but calico??? Geoffrey does not look anything like a calico to
me. Calico is white with orange and black patches. Geoffrey looks very
tabby in my eyes.

Geoffrey is definitely a tabby, even if he can't quite decide whether to
have spots or stripes. The lighting in the photo is a bit strange, and I
can see how he could look a little calico (which doesn't necessarily
need white - just orange and black will do)!

He's also definitely a boy.

Cheers,
Al.

Old December 2nd 03, 03:21 PM
Marina

"Alphonze" wrote
badwilson wrote:

I'm sorry...but calico??? Geoffrey does not look anything like a calico

me. Calico is white with orange and black patches. Geoffrey looks very
tabby in my eyes.

Geoffrey is definitely a tabby, even if he can't quite decide whether to
have spots or stripes. The lighting in the photo is a bit strange, and I
can see how he could look a little calico (which doesn't necessarily
need white - just orange and black will do)!

I think his colouring resembles my sister's cat's. Ronja has sort of stripes
here and there, and splotches of colour here and there, like a big ginger
splotch on either side. We thought her markings would become clearer with
age, but they haven't. Here she is:

http://tinyurl.com/xd72

--
Marina

Old December 3rd 03, 03:21 AM
badwilson

"Alphonze" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:

I'm sorry...but calico??? Geoffrey does not look anything like a calico

me. Calico is white with orange and black patches. Geoffrey looks very
tabby in my eyes.

Geoffrey is definitely a tabby, even if he can't quite decide whether to
have spots or stripes. The lighting in the photo is a bit strange, and I
can see how he could look a little calico (which doesn't necessarily
need white - just orange and black will do)!

Oh, I thought that just orange and black is tortoiseshell (tortie)?
I guess some of Geoffrey's tabby stripes might be interrupted, causing the
spots ;-)

Old December 3rd 03, 03:28 AM

badwilson wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop -no wrote in
message ...
Adorable! ...But Geoffrey looks more calico than tabby - aure you SURE
he's a "he"? (I guess male calicos are possible, but they're pretty
rare.)

I'm sorry...but calico??? Geoffrey does not look anything like a calico to
me. Calico is white with orange and black patches. Geoffrey looks very
tabby in my eyes.

Hmmm.... I've always understood "tabby" to mean tiger-striped, whereas
"calico" is multi-colored patches (with or without white bits).
Old December 3rd 03, 08:50 AM

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop -no wrote:

Hmmm.... I've always understood "tabby" to mean tiger-striped, whereas
"calico" is multi-colored patches (with or without white bits).

He's striped - look at his forehead!

But it's true that he seems to have a lot of orange patches, doesn't
he? There are some cats who are black and orange, with no white, but
instead of the colors being all mashed together as in a tortie, there
are discrete patches of black and orange striped areas, the way it would
be with a calico (except that there's no white). Those cats are called
"torbies", I think - combo of "tortie" and "tabby". However, they are
also always female, so I don't think Geoffrey is one of those either!

Maybe his "orange patches" are just an effect of the lighting?

Joyce